No Rita Cantina? really? why oh why?

Has anyone done the allure or oasis latley- no more rita cantina i think? not on deck plan for the harmony now called Sabor and not fiesta with dancing and hats etc...

please tell me it isnt so?:mad:

Ritas was amazing, the atmophere , dancing it was a blast - sabor is not a mexican fiesta with music and dance or is it ? please let me know and it was always packed in there... not sure why royal would change this

Ritas was amazing, the atmophere , dancing it was a blast - sabor is not a mexican fiesta with music and dance or is it ? please let me know and it was always packed in there... not sure why royal would change this

Our experience with Sabor on Navigator is that there was no fiesta and there was no dancing.

They turned a Mexican restaurant into a Mexican restaurant. I assume the only difference is decorations.

Ritas Cantina had horrible reviews for the most part and was mentioned as being similar to a bad Taco Bell by many. :eek: pretty sure it was more of a poor version of Tex Mex.

Sabor is getting really good reviews and serves much better and more authentic mexican food.

we did the allure for 14 day and we attended rita 3 times it was a blast and the best mexican food we have ever tried- reviews are reviews, now we are doing europe next yr 23 days and doing the harmony for a portion of the trip and very dissapointed that they would get rid of such an amazing fiesta:(

Ritas Cantina had horrible reviews for the most part and was mentioned as being similar to a bad Taco Bell by many. :eek: pretty sure it was more of a poor version of Tex Mex.

Sabor is getting really good reviews and serves much better and more authentic mexican food.

I'll just have to take your word for it.

we did the allure for 14 day and we attended rita 3 times it was a blast and the best mexican food we have ever tried- reviews are reviews, now we are doing europe next yr 23 days and doing the harmony for a portion of the trip and very dissapointed that they would get rid of such an amazing fiesta:(

Yeah its subjective for sure but I have to say I have read many reviews about Ritas. Amazing was one adjective Ive never seen in said reviews :)

Edited by ryano

The Sabor concept on Oasis and Allure is somewhat different than the Sabor found on Navigator and Freedom. While the Oasis Sabor has 2 bars, with one in the venue and out on the Boardwalk, the Harmony version will feature one large bar connected to the venue.

The Sabor on Navigator and Freedom is more of a classic specialty dining venue, while the Sabor on Oasis Class is more of a casual bar/dining atmosphere and they would have more potential for 'fiesta' events in future.

Had a great time at Rita's, food was average at best, but it was a fun party.

Everything I have heard is that the food is significantly better at Sabor but personally have no real interest in trying it, we did Rita's for the three cheap drinks and the party not to sit down and eat Mexican.

As mentioned, Sabor is authentic Mexican food vs a TexMex menu. The food is really good. Service was 5 star and they offered 4 different types of Margaritas that were not offered elsewhere on the ship and those margaritas were fabulous. In fact, a few times, I went to Sabor to get a margarita to go and then scooted back over to the Schooner bar.

But... no dancing etc.

The Sabor concept on Oasis and Allure is somewhat different than the Sabor found on Navigator and Freedom. While the Oasis Sabor has 2 bars, with one in the venue and out on the Boardwalk, the Harmony version will feature one large bar connected to the venue.

The Sabor on Navigator and Freedom is more of a classic specialty dining venue, while the Sabor on Oasis Class is more of a casual bar/dining atmosphere and they would have more potential for 'fiesta' events in future.

This post from a review of Oasis shows the Oasis Class' Sabor menu and venue photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44442930&postcount=238

RCCL doesn't change something they make money on for poor food reviews. If it really was packed all the time, the costs must have been high. Maybe they make more money with a la cart pricing.

As mentioned, Sabor is authentic Mexican food vs a TexMex menu. The food is really good. Service was 5 star and they offered 4 different types of Margaritas that were not offered elsewhere on the ship and those margaritas were fabulous. In fact, a few times, I went to Sabor to get a margarita to go and then scooted back over to the Schooner bar.

But... no dancing etc.

And IMO, good food is way more important that a little fiesta. :)

We tried Rita's on Allure a few years ago and did the "Fiesta". Atmosphere was great, food was ok. We were on Oasis in May and tried Sabor. There's no "fiesta" party like there was at Rita's. It's just a casual Mexican restaurant with ala carte pricing. Food was better than Rita's but we didn't feel like it was a "wow".

Food is so subjective. I returned two different meals at Rita's, then gave up and ate chips and salsa.

One thing that bothered me about Rita's was the cover charge. When we were on Allure, the Wife and I wanted to just relax at Ritas and just snack on some chips and salsa and have a couple of beers, we didn't want to eat a full meal, there. Cover charge was $6.95 each. So, that's almost $14 just for chips and salsa!!! A la carte would have been perfect for this. We have never been to Sabor.

Edited by rusty nut

Yes it's true, no more Rita's. However, in my opinion, the food is better in Sabor.

Its not the fun party time like at Rita's, but the food is better. In fairness, I did Sabo on Freedom and are making that assumption. I'll be having lunch at Sabor on my upcoming Oasis cruise.