Do You Follow Celebrity on Social?

I have you as a Facebook friend or like, but for some reason, you don't really ever appear on my feed so I never really pay attention there.

Ditto. You have NEVER shown in my feed. I am moderately active on FB; i.e., I might post a photo or Share a story 5-6 times a week, usually look at the Feed 2-3 times a day. I've looked at & Liked Celebrity, but I am left feeling like a spurned suitor...

Edit: I just went and checked FB. I was shown as Following X. I have now clicked on Get Notifications; we'll see if that changes anything.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

I have liked X on FB, but never see posts. Two reasons: it sounds like I have to interact with it more and also I only go to FB about once a week. I will look at CC 4-5days a week. I will go to the web page for info before I go to FB. I just for the life of me can't figure out why they won't invest in making it work well. There is so much they could do with it but they are wasting the opportunity. Do you, as the CC team, pass on all the web site complaints you read on CC? Why are the complaints and difficulties not addresses?

Ditto. You have NEVER shown in my feed. I am moderately active on FB; i.e., I might post a photo or Share a story 5-6 times a week, usually look at the Feed 2-3 times a day. I've looked at & Liked Celebrity, but I am left feeling like a spurned suitor...

Edit: I just went and checked FB. I was shown as Following X. I have now clicked on Get Notifications; we'll see if that changes anything.

That's due to the facebook algorithm.

Not everyone is happy with the way it works. Changing that setting should help though.

We find the social media sites to be primarily big time wasters.

Instead of jumping around checking out social media sites, we would much rather see all relevant cruise info posted right here at Cruise Critic under the appropriate forum for each specific cruise line or location.

When people post extensive amounts of Celebrity related info and/or photos or videos elsewhere, to keep from cluttering up this forum they typically provide a brief description with a link so that the readers can then decide for themselves each time whether or not it is of interest to go there.

Edited by varoo

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Cruise Critic is allowing this thread which is, in essence, suggesting that we follow celebritycruises on other social media....which is against CruiseCritic's guidelines.

Very strange....

• Administrators
Hi there,

We're not looking to make any changes at this time as to how we share news.

The team we're a part of does Social Media, as well as Cruise Critic. We plan to continue to communicate across all of these networks, yet sometimes we're not allowed to share news here on Cruise Critic.

I just want to clarify that we certainly allow cruise lines to share items of interest and news with our members here on our Celebrity forum.

What we don't allow is promotion of specific sailings, sail dates, sales, pricing, "deals" and general advertising, and promotion of other cruise sites.

Laura

• Administrators
Am I the only one who finds it weird that Cruise Critic is allowing this thread which is, in essence, suggesting that we follow celebritycruises on other social media....which is against CruiseCritic's guidelines.

Very strange....

Actually, our guidelines regarding Facebook are very specific; we do not allow promotion of Facebook groups that have been created for specific sailings -- IE: roll calls on Facebook.

If you want to share your own Facebook info, please do so (personally? I wouldn't).

If you want to share an interesting site on Facebook, that is allowed.

Everything in context, really. If someone comes here and posts in an effort to promote their Facebook page because -- let's say they sell cruises, or are a tour operator, or they just had the most fab idea of a "FB page dedicated to cruising", well that's pure and simple advertising and that isn't allowed.

I have no problem with Celebrity's question at all; I knew the answer before they asked -- but yeah, I'm OK with that question.

Laura

• Administrators
Do we follow Celebrity on social media? No, we only follow Cruise Critic

I'll just jump in and say "Thanks!" to all of you that visit our forums and website on a regular basis. We do what we do because of all of you!

Laura

Actually, our guidelines regarding Facebook are very specific; we do not allow promotion of Facebook groups that have been created for specific sailings -- IE: roll calls on Facebook.

If you want to share your own Facebook info, please do so (personally? I wouldn't).

If you want to share an interesting site on Facebook, that is allowed.

Everything in context, really. If someone comes here and posts in an effort to promote their Facebook page because -- let's say they sell cruises, or are a tour operator, or they just had the most fab idea of a "FB page dedicated to cruising", well that's pure and simple advertising and that isn't allowed.

I have no problem with Celebrity's question at all; I knew the answer before they asked -- but yeah, I'm OK with that question.

Laura

Thanks for the clarification....