Can you buy FCD post cruise?

wen_c82

Hi

We were on on a TA cruise past April and thought we purchased 2 FCD/ per person on board. While on board we didn't get the confirmation but the future cruise consultant assured us it would be done. Upon return we did received e mail confirmations but only for 1 FCD/pp.

we called Mariner society and they transferred us to Guest Relations and guest relations transferred us to reservation and we got cut off. No one actually said no... but not yes either.

can we still purchase additional FCD (we disembarked april 19.) If so, which department handle this?

thanks

Hi

We were on on a TA cruise past April and thought we purchased 2 FCD/ per person on board. While on board we didn't get the confirmation but the future cruise consultant assured us it would be done. Upon return we did received e mail confirmations but only for 1 FCD/pp.

we called Mariner society and they transferred us to Guest Relations and guest relations transferred us to reservation and we got cut off. No one actually said no... but not yes either.

can we still purchase additional FCD (we disembarked april 19.) If so, which department handle this?

thanks

Call Mariners Society again. They are usually very helpful. You may have caught them at a very bad time.

Tehcnically you can't buy them post cruise. They are to be purchased on board. But, since a mistake was made they might be able to help you.

I agree with Sail, try the Mariner's Society again. Explain the mistake and give it another try.

Good luck and do let us know how you make out.

We ran into a situation where we filled out the form for FCD and it never got processed. I called the Mariner Society and they took care of it. Just don't wait too long.

We ran into a situation where we filled out the form for FCD and it never got processed. I called the Mariner Society and they took care of it. Just don't wait too long.

Thanks all your replies.

A lady from Holland onboard sales dept actually called us this morning to correct this :). She explained that their system indeed showed that we purchased 2 FCD pp but only charges once thus only 1 e-mail. I guess they kept a copy of the form online.

I really appreciate the reservation agent who realized that we were cut off but passed on the question to the correct dept. Secondly, for the follow up call from Holland. But all is good now. Great customer service from Holland.

Thanks everyone.

IMO, HAL's policy of handing out the FCD forms on the last day or two onboard and then emailing you the receipt (or putting one in your cabin mailbox) is a mistake. I am certain that HAL thinks this is a more efficient way of handling this (since they can process a number of them all at once). However...............

As seen from several of the above comments and problems, this approach often results in problems and mistakes, which may be very difficult to fix at the last minute. I had a similar experience about a year ago (the FCD was supposed to be 2 for each of us but we only got one each). Luckily, I hunted down the future cruise consultant and was able to fix it just prior to leaving the ship.

In addition, for the last 3 cruises we asked for the FCD forms from the future cruise consultant and all 3 times we were refused them - being told that they would show up on the last day or two in our cabin mailbox. I REALLY dislike this attitude and procedure.

HAL - PLEASE WAKE UP AND CHANGE THIS POLICY!

Thanks all your replies.

A lady from Holland onboard sales dept actually called us this morning to correct this :). She explained that their system indeed showed that we purchased 2 FCD pp but only charges once thus only 1 e-mail. I guess they kept a copy of the form online.

I really appreciate the reservation agent who realized that we were cut off but passed on the question to the correct dept. Secondly, for the follow up call from Holland. But all is good now. Great customer service from Holland.

Thanks everyone.

Great news! I'm glad to hear it worked out and the good service you got :)

IMO, HAL's policy of handing out the FCD forms on the last day or two onboard and then emailing you the receipt (or putting one in your cabin mailbox) is a mistake. I am certain that HAL thinks this is a more efficient way of handling this (since they can process a number of them all at once). However...............

As seen from several of the above comments and problems, this approach often results in problems and mistakes, which may be very difficult to fix at the last minute. I had a similar experience about a year ago (the FCD was supposed to be 2 for each of us but we only got one each). Luckily, I hunted down the future cruise consultant and was able to fix it just prior to leaving the ship.

In addition, for the last 3 cruises we asked for the FCD forms from the future cruise consultant and all 3 times we were refused them - being told that they would show up on the last day or two in our cabin mailbox. I REALLY dislike this attitude and procedure.

Dave, have no idea what you mean by "HAL Policy". I always purchase an FCD early in a cruise and receive a written confirmation, on board, from the consultant within two days of the purchase. This has been true for many years and as recently as this past April. While it hasn't happened yet, I would certainly go to the Consultant after a few days and ask about the status of my FCD.

Not disputing your comment, just stating what has happened to me over the years.

Edited by LoveHAL

It would be nice if the FCC could work more than a couple hours a day. On many of my cruises it's impossible to see them. It almost seems that everyone that books on board has no knowledge of cruising because every appt takes so long. I've seen it reported that forms are just sitting near the desk. I haven't found this to be the case on any of my recent cruises. I've been on the NA, Noordam and the Veendam since last November.

Dave, have no idea what you mean by "HAL Policy". I always purchase an FCD early in a cruise and receive a written confirmation, on board, from the consultant within two days of the purchase. This has been true for many years and as recently as this past April. While it hasn't happened yet, I would certainly go to the Consultant after a few days and ask about the status of my FCD.

Not disputing your comment, just stating what has happened to me over the years.

Well, I guess I cannot say for certain that it is HAL "policy", but on my last 3 cruises I have been told by the future cruise consultant that they no longer give out the forms for FCD, but rather I would get it in my cabin mail the last day (or two).

On my last cruise the future cruise consultant was very curt about this and really gave me the heavy brush off. Further, several other members of our CC board on this cruise had the exact same curt response from her, so it was not just me.

So, given my experiences and those reported by others, HAL must be instructing these FCCs to do this (hand them out only in the mail). I can see where it is easier for the FCC to do them all at once at the end of the cruise, but clearly this is not working properly. Further, they must figure that by selling the FCD they may be reducing their onboard cruise sales, thus reducing their commissions.

Well, I guess I cannot say for certain that it is HAL "policy", but on my last 3 cruises I have been told by the future cruise consultant that they no longer give out the forms for FCD, but rather I would get it in my cabin mail the last day (or two).

On my last cruise the future cruise consultant was very curt about this and really gave me the heavy brush off. Further, several other members of our CC board on this cruise had the exact same curt response from her, so it was not just me.

So, given my experiences and those reported by others, HAL must be instructing these FCCs to do this (hand them out only in the mail). I can see where it is easier for the FCC to do them all at once at the end of the cruise, but clearly this is not working properly. Further, they must figure that by selling the FCD they may be reducing their onboard cruise sales, thus reducing their commissions.

that's been what they did on my last few cruises too Dave. I think they are missing the boat. If it's a form, then give to me early so I get confirmation on board.

It's easier to get an FCD than to even find a time with the FCC on board. If they had more hours or were more accessible then they might find people would book. I have better things to do than sit and wait for an undetermined amount of time to talk to them. ( In fairness, the FCC's on the Prinsendam had pretty good hours on one cruise and were very accessible ).

that's been what they did on my last few cruises too Dave. I think they are missing the boat. If it's a form, then give to me early so I get confirmation on board.

It's easier to get an FCD than to even find a time with the FCC on board. If they had more hours or were more accessible then they might find people would book. I have better things to do than sit and wait for an undetermined amount of time to talk to them. ( In fairness, the FCC's on the Prinsendam had pretty good hours on one cruise and were very accessible ).

On my last cruise, Maasdam March 27th, the same thing happened to me. On about the second day I walked by while the Consultant wasn't doing anything. She might have been ready to leave from that session. In any case, I asked her for the form and was told to wait until I got the form in the mail.

It seems to me that if she was interested in service, she would have at least asked if she could help with something.

I did turn in the form at the end and got confirmations before I left the ship.

Rich

On my last cruise, Maasdam March 27th, the same thing happened to me. On about the second day I walked by while the Consultant wasn't doing anything. She might have been ready to leave from that session. In any case, I asked her for the form and was told to wait until I got the form in the mail.

It seems to me that if she was interested in service, she would have at least asked if she could help with something.

I did turn in the form at the end and got confirmations before I left the ship.

Rich

My point exactly - it MUST be some sort of policy or instruction by HAL to do this, or else why would the different FCCs being saying the exact same thing???

How much effort would it have been to give Rich a form right there and then? In my case, there was a drop box for the forms right by the FCC's desk, so I could have quickly filled it in and placed it in there - all done! Stupid on HAL's part to condone/encourage this approach IMO.

Edited by DaveOKC

I wonder if Seattle even knows about this "new procedure". It was also in effect on my April/May cruises.

It's possible that one Future Cruise Consultant figured a way to organize the work in such a way that worked well for him/her, and others picked up on it, too. Wouldn't be the first time that workers showed that kind of "initiative". :rolleyes:

On the Maasdam and Veendam the FCC tried to make me wait until the last day for the form. I let them know that this wasn't acceptable and after some grumbling on their part gave me a form to fill out. They each wanted to know if an email confirmation was ok, I said no. If HAL doesn't take electronic verification as proof neither do I. On the Eurodam they had the forms out early in the cruise and there was no hassle.