Consecutive Cruiser/B2B Perks

On a b2b FOS cruise right now. We got a meeting in olive twist lounge on friday and they gave us some handouts. One was a ship itinerary for the coming week. On turnaround day we met at Studio B for the concierge to take us off freedom and into the terminal to check out of customs. We then reboarded the ship and had full use of the ship with only 30 or so passengers before they let everyone on at 11am or so.

We did have a special luncheon in portofini for b2b cruisers. That was a very good lunch by the way.

We were also able to change tables in mdr to a window table for the next cruise with no problem. My wife booked spa treatments for the next cruise as soon as we reboarded the ship was the only other thing i remember.

It was a great experience doing b2b and if our schedule will allow it we will be doing it again. Its a great way to cruise.

On a b2b FOS cruise right now. We got a meeting in olive twist lounge on friday and they gave us some handouts. One was a ship itinerary for the coming week. On turnaround day we met at Studio B for the concierge to take us off freedom and into the terminal to check out of customs. We then reboarded the ship and had full use of the ship with only 30 or so passengers before they let everyone on at 11am or so.

We did have a special luncheon in portofini for b2b cruisers. That was a very good lunch by the way.

We were also able to change tables in mdr to a window table for the next cruise with no problem. My wife booked spa treatments for the next cruise as soon as we reboarded the ship was the only other thing i remember.

It was a great experience doing b2b and if our schedule will allow it we will be doing it again. Its a great way to cruise.

I think you meant Giovanni's Table, since it replaced Portofinos? We were not impressed with Giovanni's and miss Portofinos which was always good. Maybe we just hit Giovanni's Table on a bad night. It was second formal night. We were on last week's cruise.

We just did a back to back on the Oasis and on turn around day we were taken to Giovanni's for lunch with a special menu and it was excellent. Also, second to last night we received a bottle of champaign thanking us for our back to back cruising. Very nice gesture.

Yes you are right it was giovannis table. I still call it portofinos as that is what i remember from our first time on FOS.

We ate there a couple nights ago and the food was pretty good. The shrimp and scallops were very well done. The veal and risotto was very tasty. My dessert was just ok but my wifes was very good though. Might want to give it a try another day.

Nice meeting you at the meet n mingle.

Hope to see you again on another cruise.

Hve done two B2Bs so far and both had the special lunch offered which was very nice. On the second of the B2B they offered champagne at the meeting on the procedures on turn around day. I think the biggest perk is knowing you won't be joining the huddled masses leaving the ship to go rejoin the real world!

Yes you are right it was giovannis table. I still call it portofinos as that is what i remember from our first time on FOS.

We ate there a couple nights ago and the food was pretty good. The shrimp and scallops were very well done. The veal and risotto was very tasty. My dessert was just ok but my wifes was very good though. Might want to give it a try another day.

Nice meeting you at the meet n mingle.

Hope to see you again on another cruise.

Thanks! And hope to sail again with you also! :)

Hve done two B2Bs so far and both had the special lunch offered which was very nice. On the second of the B2B they offered champagne at the meeting on the procedures on turn around day. I think the biggest perk is knowing you won't be joining the huddled masses leaving the ship to go rejoin the real world!

Seeing the poor souls put their luggage out the night before and then sleeping in on departure--er--turnaround day is great! :)

Seeing the poor souls put their luggage out the night before and then sleeping in on departure--er--turnaround day is great! :)

Oh yes!! Looking forward to our first experience with that next year during

our B2B Alaska cruise!! :D

I'm doing my 1st B2B with RCI this Fall on the Vision, Med cruise plus transatlantic, 26 days! I would not do it if I couldn't get the same cabin, not a chance.

I've sailed B2Bs with Princess but not RCI. Princess books some as Grand Adventures so you keep the same card, very easy, one booking number. I haven't sailed with RCI since 2003 and was rather surprised having to book the final Med and TA separately. Letting people book individually or combining cruises and giving a discount makes sense to me.

Oh yes!! Looking forward to our first experience with that next year during

our B2B Alaska cruise!! :D

We are on a b2b for alaska also next year. We are doing june 17 northbound on radiance and then the 24 southbound on her. Will you be on that cruise?

Knowing the concierge may have helped. I'm sure the free pay per view movies are (were?) a suite perk on Radiance.

We did the Australia circumnavigation on Radiance and had the 2 free movies a day for the second cruise but we were told it was because they had booked the exact same entertainment acts for both cruises. And there was a huge group of us doing the B2B...

Most times it's just the walk off/walk on to take you through the embarkation process, after that you usually get a glass of the sparkling wine and a nice lunch. Anything after that is at the discretion of the ship and varies with the circumstances.

It's a bit hard if you don't go off the ship I think. I parked by the pool the last time on changeover day only to find they set up the marketing for drinks packages and speciality restaurants there and it was like being at a Carnival with all the loudspeaker announcements. I didn't get the happy swim time I'd hoped.

We are on a b2b for alaska also next year. We are doing june 17 northbound on radiance and then the 24 southbound on her. Will you be on that cruise?

We are on August 5th out of Seward, Southbound, and turnaround northbound

on August 12th.

Have done June before for our anniversary. We are doing August to escape

the Florida mid summer swamp weather :eek: and to celebrate the DH's

birthday.

Have a fantabulous cruise! We love the Radiance for Alaska and have coveted

corner aft cabin 9256 for both legs! :D

Wow lucky you. When we booked only 8178 was available so thats what we got as we wanted 9256 also [emoji4] [emoji4]. We paid a little over $4k for the 2 of ua in a D1 with about $400 in obc. Was this a good price for alaska cruise? I just know it's a lot more than i pay for a 7day on freedom in same cabin. Heck one week on radiance for 2 passengers in d1 costs a little less than 2 weeks on freedom for 3 passengers in oceanview.

BTW we have found our new favorite cabins on freedom on the 12th deck

Those new cabins in the large panoramic ocean views are great. Floor to ceiling wimdows at the front of the ship. Got to sit in comfort while looking at the ship pull into port is great.

Well have a safe sailing next year and we look forward to seeing you on another cruise.

Edited by frank808

Wow lucky you. When we booked only 8178 was available so thats what we got as we wanted 9256 also [emoji4] [emoji4]. We paid a little over $4k for the 2 of ua in a D1 with about $400 in obc. Was this a good price for alaska cruise? I just know it's a lot more than i pay for a 7day on freedom in same cabin. Heck one week on radiance for 2 passengers in d1 costs a little less than 2 weeks on freedom for 3 passengers in oceanview.

BTW we have found our new favorite cabins on freedom on the 12th deck

Those new cabins in the large panoramic ocean views are great. Floor to ceiling wimdows at the front of the ship. Got to sit in comfort while looking at the ship pull into port is great.

Well have a safe sailing next year and we look forward to seeing you on another cruise.

I was waiting and calling almost everyday to check on the status of the new bookings for Alaska cruises summer of 2016. Since we were going to do a B2B, we wanted to secure the same cabin. I nabbed it for both legs on the first day the dates were offered! Felt like I won the lottery! :D

A few years ago I was three days late trying to secure that cabin for a one week southbound. Was not showing on the website yet, but they were taking reservations via phone calls already. That cabin was gone already. :( RCI agent asked me if I wanted to be placed on a waiting list for it. I told her sure, but figured...yeah, like that is going to happen. Wouldn't you know it she called back in three weeks to ask if I still wanted it, since the original booking got cancelled. :D We really enjoyed that huge balcony, with ability to look both ways as we slide down the inland passage. Saw lots of whales too!

Yes, we checked out those new cabins on deck 12 Freedom. Indeed nice! There are a few along the side that have tiny little balconies also. Just be sure to have a robe, etc. on when you open those big curtains on the window. Especially at night. :eek: ;)

Yes, looking forward to sailing with you again also! :)

Edited by island lady

I was waiting and calling almost everyday to check on the status of the new bookings for Alaska cruises summer of 2016. Since we were going to do a B2B, we wanted to secure the same cabin. I nabbed it for both legs on the first day the dates were offered! Felt like I won the lottery! :D

That's how it was for us too for the b2b September 2016 Vancouver, B.C. to Hawaii to Sydney. We had been given a general idea when it was going to be opened up but that date came and went and I called almost daily. One morning I looked when I was drinking my coffee and I couldn't get into the site at all. 30 minute later it was there. Needless to say I couldn't pick the phone up fast enough. I was fortunate enough to get the cabin I wanted for both legs! So excited!

That's how it was for us too for the b2b September 2016 Vancouver, B.C. to Hawaii to Sydney. We had been given a general idea when it was going to be opened up but that date came and went and I called almost daily. One morning I looked when I was drinking my coffee and I couldn't get into the site at all. 30 minute later it was there. Needless to say I couldn't pick the phone up fast enough. I was fortunate enough to get the cabin I wanted for both legs! So excited!

Congrats! Sounds like a great itinerary and I know you will have a fantabulous

time! :D

Just one more to add to our ever growing bucket list! :)