Consecutive Cruiser/B2B Perks

Hello Cruise Critics,

Has anyone done a B2B on the same ship recently? The "perks" on Royal Caribbean's website are very vague and was looking for any information anyone may have. Thanks!

Hello Cruise Critics,

Has anyone done a B2B on the same ship recently? The "perks" on Royal Caribbean's website are very vague and was looking for any information anyone may have. Thanks!

You get to stay on for an additional week while everyone else is heading home.

About the only extra perk that is offered is sometimes they will provide a special lunch in the MDR. It depends on how many consecutive cruisers are on that sailing.

The Monarch did offer consecutive cruisers access to the DL on the second half of the B2B back when we sailed her in 2012.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The "perks" on Royal Caribbean's website are very vague and was looking for any information anyone may have.

Curious as to what perks you are referring to? A B2B, although amazing and a wonderful experience, is considered to be two separate cruises. There is no discount, no incentive, no nothing. The only thing we have ever received (as previously mentioned) was a "special lunch" in the main dining room, which is not open to regular passengers on embarkation day.

Curious as to what perks you are referring to? A B2B, although amazing and a wonderful experience, is considered to be two separate cruises. There is no discount, no incentive, no nothing. The only thing we have ever received (as previously mentioned) was a "special lunch" in the main dining room, which is not open to regular passengers on embarkation day.

Here's what the website says which got me curious:

"Here's what you can expect between cruises:

A sneak peek Compass-a variation of the popular daily Cruise Compass program schedule-created especially for Consecutive Cruisers

- Includes the following sailing's itinerary highlights, such as entertainment and dining events, and special events exclusively for Consecutive Cruisers

Special attention, activities and dining options, such as:

- Personalized services

- Assistance to ensure your main dining room seating requests are made in advance of the following cruise

Continued access to your stateroom, including in-stateroom TV entertainment

A special notice to keep you in the loop of turnaround day immigration requirements and options-whether you’re planning to remain onboard or go ashore

A minimal amount of ship-wide public announcements to maintain a relaxing atmosphere; we'll try and limit all departure updates to the departure lounges and in-stateroom TV programming

A hot breakfast in our dining room or café. If you're in a suite category stateroom, you'll be treated to an exclusive continental breakfast hosted by guest services or the concierge

An on-hand Shipboard Staff, ready to answer any questions and ensure your comfort"

We had a B2B on Serenade in March/april. We got a 10% discount on ship excursions. this was described in the consecutive cruiser meeting. We decided to do this in Falmouth. they gave us a code because they wanted us to do the online survery. We were told it was for 30 mins. when I used the code it only gave 15 mins. Serenade has very SLOOOOOW internet. It took me 5 mins just to get to the survey in my email. I finished clicking buttons--but, never had time to mention those that gave good service in a narrative.

PS-they took the seapass cards for the first cruise. they told me they would give them back, but they never did. I was bummed by that. :mad: I keep my cards.

The Monarch did offer consecutive cruisers access to the DL on the second half of the B2B back when we sailed her in 2012.

There was no DL on Monarch of the Seas. You were probably allowed to attend the Diamond Event in the Viking Crown.

Here's what the website says which got me curious:

"Here's what you can expect between cruises:...."

Yes, well all of those things are not really perks, but more so just information. You will absolutely be guided through the process by means of printed instructions and most likely a meeting with all of the consecutive cruisers. The procedure varies slightly from ship to ship and can sometimes depend on which port you are in for turnaround day.

Anyway, a B2B is loads of fun. If you are booking one, try to get the same cabin for both cruises - it is much easier that way as you don't have to pack up and move. :) We always check the website for both legs of the trip to see if the same cabin shows as available, then we put a courtesy hold on it and have our TA take care of things from there.

We've booked our first B2B on AOS for the southern caribbean May 2016 (our 40th wedding anniversary)....I too checked to make sure I could get the same cabin...the only thing we're looking forward to is not packing on night 7 :D

Yes, well all of those things are not really perks, but more so just information. You will absolutely be guided through the process by means of printed instructions and most likely a meeting with all of the consecutive cruisers. The procedure varies slightly from ship to ship and can sometimes depend on which port you are in for turnaround day.

Anyway, a B2B is loads of fun. If you are booking one, try to get the same cabin for both cruises - it is much easier that way as you don't have to pack up and move. :) We always check the website for both legs of the trip to see if the same cabin shows as available, then we put a courtesy hold on it and have our TA take care of things from there.

Yeah! We're booked on B2B Radiance of the Seas in the same stateroom. It's our first B2B so I'm just very interested :D

Yeah! We're booked on B2B Radiance of the Seas in the same stateroom. It's our first B2B so I'm just very interested :D

Radiance often gives a few nice perk.

Last time we were given 2 free pay for view movies a day for the second trip.

Have a great time.

Raina

Woot! You will love it! We wish all our cruises could be B2B - there is just something quite special about them, especially if you are staying in the same cabin. We did our second B2B on Serenade last year out of New Orleans - 4 times up and down the Mississippi River (8 hours each time). Oooof! :):p

Have a great time.

Raina

Interesting.....We did b2b circumnavigation cruises on Radiance for 33 nights in Feb/March this year. We had a nice lunch on turn-around day and great written communication about the process but nothing else. Perth was the turnaround port and, IMHO, didn't handle consecutive cruises very well.

In January,2013 we were on a B2B on Explorer out of Bayonne that had a Noro outbreak on the first cruise. The CDC ordered the ship back to port early for cleaning, so the B2B cruisers were put up in a Midtown Manhattan hotel with a daily allowance for dining. Kind of a free shore excursion.

BTW, since we missed the lunch thing, we had dinner with an officer during the next cruise. They were spread out over several nights do to the number of passengers. The officer was the F&B manager, who had just joined the ship.

Edited by mo&fran

Not much on our one and only B2B. We'd preordered most of our shore excursions, but had one we booked onboard. I believe they told us to not delay booking, since there weren't very many left. Don't understand this, since we heard they save 20% for onboard booking.

The specialty restaurant representative told the Diamond + to sign up at the meeting for the 2 for 1, and we could book any day of the cruise. Good thing too, since I ended up with norovirus on embarkation day, and we had to reschedule twice.

We got our seapass cards delivered to our room something during the night. DH was bummed, because we were supposed to upgrade to Diamond Plus, but the loyalty ambassador hadn't told whoever printed out the cards. Not much hassle to get them to fix it at guest relations though.

No lunch for us in the MDR, but we had a lot of people in the theatre at the B2B meeting. They did serve champagne.

We did our first B2B last year on Freedom of the Seas, and enjoyed it so much, we're doing another in a few months. :D It was probably the first vacation we've ever taken where I came home feeling totally relaxed. And it really is a special feeling at the end of the first week when you're walking down the hallway and all the bags are out, but yours don't have to be.

We had a meeting a day or two before disembarkation up in Olive or Twist, which wasn't very well attended. They served champagne and made an offer for cabanas on Labadee, 10 or 20% off, after suite guests, so I'm assuming it was for Barefoot Beach. They had a special lunch for us in the MDR on embarkation day of the second week.

We did a B2B on the Jewel out of San Juan and it was fantastic. Each cruise had different ports which added to the enjoyment. The ship was small enough that a large portion of the staff remembered us and acknowledged us as B2B cruisers. We had traditional dinning, and they dinning room staff arranged for us to keep the same servers for both cruises. The main evening entertain was the same, so be prepared for that. Also, due to the ship being sanitized, the small group of B2B cruisers were taken off the ship and through customs. We were seated in a small waiting area until the process was complete, then were the first to board with a special lunch waiting. We kept the same cabin and did not have to pack up.

Interesting.....We did b2b circumnavigation cruises on Radiance for 33 nights in Feb/March this year. We had a nice lunch on turn-around day and great written communication about the process but nothing else. Perth was the turnaround port and, IMHO, didn't handle consecutive cruises very well.

Knowing the concierge may have helped. I'm sure the free pay per view movies are (were?) a suite perk on Radiance.

Have a great time.

Raina

The very morning it opened up, we booked Radiance b2b for 2016, Vancouver, B.C. to Hawaii to Sydney! Can't wait to visit Sydney again! We've never done a b2b - very excited! :D

We ahve only done 1 b2b and this was last year off our Transpacific unto the 12 day Hawaii back to Vancouver. We had a meeting a day or two before. Instructions for getting your new Sea Pass Card can vary, we were able to go down the morning of disembarkation between 6 AM & 9 AM, pick up our cards & leave the ship for the day. Others picked them up in the dining room. We had no lunch but there were close to 300 staying on. Anita we did the reverse, did a 13 day NZ cruise, returned to Sydney for 9 days then the TP & Hawaii to Vancouver.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We´ve done several B2B´s and have a couple booked for 2016. We love them and wish that RCI would offer some benefits for those booking B2B´s. We will continue to book them anyway, just because we want to take full advantage of the air travel expense.

That being said, I believe there are some huge marketing advantages that RCI is giving away by not offering some benefits to travel this way.

:D