Dawn Princess - post drydock

It ACTUALLY DOES NOT stated no free icecream, just that they are now offering NZ icecream with a pittance 25c to earthquake fund. If that'll make me buy one. I'd rather send my $5 straight to Christchurch council as a full donation......ROFLMAO

It ACTUALLY DOES NOT stated no free icecream, just that they are now offering NZ icecream with a pittance 25c to earthquake fund. If that'll make me buy one. I'd rather send my $5 straight to Christchurch council as a full donation......ROFLMAO

I agree with that I'll buy it because I am an Ice Cream freak not because 25c to charity

• 2 months later...
Could anybody tell me, during the recent dry dock for Dawn did they get around to upgrading those old TVs that frequented the staterooms? Did they at least put in the interactive TV system that is present on the Sun and & Diamond Princess?

TVs are fine. No interactive TVs. You can see your room bill on the Intranet which doesn't use internet minutes.

Edited by CruiserBruce

TVs are fine. No interactive TVs. You can see your room bill on the Intranet which doesn't use internet minutes.

Do they have the 'anytime TV' where passengers can watch whatever they like whenever they like? Or is it still the old system where programmes are playing on the TV for a set time only meaning that when you turn it on to a movie you might come in half way through.

Just got off the sun and loved the new on demand tv. As I have just booked the 42 night cherry blossom in 2017 on the dawn, I'm not very impressed that princess didn't do this upgrade to the TVs. Also, the international cafe is so popular, I wonder why that wasn't done either. Too much time and money wasted in the spa. Seriously considering cancelling cherry blossom on dawn and waiting for the sun. What do you guys think?? Are you disappointed too??

It is very disappointing that the interactive/on demand TVs were not installed on the Dawn.

Having been on cruises that have them installed, they will be missed.

Given that I travel with kids, and my wife is hearing impaired, the on demand system is utilised a lot, and is a big consideration when booking a cruise. On a longer cruise I would tend to stay away form the ships without it.

I believe that the Sun Princess is the best of the Sun Class bunch because of the additions of the International Café and also the Interactive TVs.

I believe that the Sun Princess is the best of the Sun Class bunch because of the additions of the International Café and also the Interactive TVs.

If you take the food side of the International Cafe out of the equation, I actually preferred the Dawn Patisserie. Really great coffee served piping hot - we drink espressos. Excellent bar service. More seating - we always managed to get a seat. There were three sets of twin bar stools by the window and we often sat there and watched the movement of the sea. The service was more organized - I found on Sun that there seemed to be a lot of people fluffing round the coffee machines but they weren't turning out the coffees very quickly, and it was hard to get a really good espresso.

However I did miss the International Cafe snacks once or twice. The Patisserie only ever had a small tray of pastries, usually a very limited selection.