Ugh booked early now paying the HIGH price

If you found the price ok when you booked don't keep looking. Can't have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, only buy when happy with a price and then don't stress but if you know that you could have got it cheaper it still irritates.

I wish!

That was the only deal I have seen so far that allowed the combining of all the possible discounts, normally they won't let you combine with one thing or another.

It is unusual to get the combined discounts. We would never get another FCC after the fuss we have had with combining the OBC offered with a sale OBC, so I am impressed that you got it! Well done :)

to_dee - only you know what price you are happy with and if that cruise on that date is worth it to you, but that is a big difference, and I would be tempted to cancel and look at the specials for another deal. Holidays are supposed to be relaxing, and if it is going to annoy you until you go, I say give it a try to cancel and look at another date. There are so many similar cruises available usually, depending on what dates and itinerary you require. Maybe if you put up your available dates and the itineraries you might look at, then the brains trust here might be able to help you sniff out some good ideas? Some of the people here are very good researchers!

I'm sure you do, one reason once I've booked I stop looking (unless it is a line I know will honour drops).

Which ones will honour price drops in Australia? My TA tells me that HAL will, but I've not read of it happening.

Which ones will honour price drops in Australia? My TA tells me that HAL will, but I've not read of it happening.

I've been told HAL will but no experience with it, Celebrity will sort of, by upgrades, sometimes.

to-Dee, Had the same problem with my RCI cruise. Ended up cancelling (couldn't let the sleeping dog lie!), and have found alternate cruise with HAL that suits us better. Not till Sep 2016 so agonising now when to book.

If you can switch dates or cruise line I'd definitely do that.

to-Dee, Had the same problem with my RCI cruise. Ended up cancelling (couldn't let the sleeping dog lie!), and have found alternate cruise with HAL that suits us better. Not till Sep 2016 so agonising now when to book.

If you can switch dates or cruise line I'd definitely do that.

It may depend on whether they can upgrade and keep the perks.:D

I had the same problem with Celebrity, booked early and one week after booking our cruise went down by $1000 per person, from $3.5 to $2.5 for the same cabin with the same drinks package offer. To say I was ropeable was an understatement. And like the OP Celebrity would not give us the new price, even if we cancelled and rebooked.

In fact I was mad enough to tell my TA to tell Celebrity if they don't meet the new price I am cancelling and will not book the second trip I was about to book with them. We even had alternative cruises lined up with HAL if they didn't come across with the price drop. They did come to the party and I did book the second cruise with them but the whole experience left a nasty taste in my mouth. It was just their attitude about it all, my TA said they very nastily said that I better not ask for anything more because I wasn't getting it.

I can understand losing the perks you had with the first booking to get the lower price, that happened to us on HAL but the price drop was worth losing the perks.

If they have to drop the prices too low, it means they are having trouble selling the cruise. When that happens, as it has done before , they simply take the ships away and send them to another market where hopefully they can get better prices.

Princess honours prices if its prior to final payment. I've had no problem refaring a cruise that I have booked directly with them. Not sure, about when its with an agent. After all, they get less commission if the cruise fare is cheaper, I believe.

Thanks for all the input and for letting me vent ;)

Well we decided to cancel. It just left a nasty taste for me. Not comfortable and too many other equally good alternatives.

AND ozblue ROFL too funny how is the irony love it ..yep the sleeping dogs were barking too loud.

And as icat2000 posted yesterday which got hubby & me thinking NZ cruises are dime a dozen there are heaps of alternates. So thanks for that you sparked a thought and made me think hang look around at what else there is on offer.

I did have a lovely chat with Princess and they confirmed they are happy to refare till finals although occasionally they may have new booking only specials. HAL also said the same.

Anyway I am now a free agent looking specials whooooo feel so much better about it all as we may have found a Princess cruise thats suits us better anyway. Plus I got some super helpful specific pricing info over on my other thread and with the AUD pricing onboard and free grats even if we dont get a special the price is about the same as what we had on Celebrity.

Now I am back in research mode with eyes open for a special ;)

So I have learnt a lot and really appreciate your help one & all :):)

I am glad you have let us know and that you feel better about it. We find usually that the price of our early booked cruises has gone up, so far. It is good to know some ideas if we do have this situation too. Best of luck in your hunt!

Thanks for all the input and for letting me vent ;)

Well we decided to cancel. It just left a nasty taste for me. Not comfortable and too many other equally good alternatives.

AND ozblue ROFL too funny how is the irony love it ..yep the sleeping dogs were barking too loud.

And as icat2000 posted yesterday which got hubby & me thinking NZ cruises are dime a dozen there are heaps of alternates. So thanks for that you sparked a thought and made me think hang look around at what else there is on offer.

I did have a lovely chat with Princess and they confirmed they are happy to refare till finals although occasionally they may have new booking only specials. HAL also said the same.

Anyway I am now a free agent looking specials whooooo feel so much better about it all as we may have found a Princess cruise thats suits us better anyway. Plus I got some super helpful specific pricing info over on my other thread and with the AUD pricing onboard and free grats even if we dont get a special the price is about the same as what we had on Celebrity.

Now I am back in research mode with eyes open for a special ;)

So I have learnt a lot and really appreciate your help one & all :):)

Glad you have resolved to get what you are happy for, it would have been no use gong onto a cruise with a negative attitude due to feeling ripped off so now you can find a bargain that has you in a better frame of mind. Enjoy the hunt and the subsequent cruise.:D

Any existing booking (Offer, Booked or Courtesy Hold status) which is cancelled on or after 25 May 2015 and is rebooked for same ship and sail date within the offer period will not be eligible for the promotion.

Celeb has added the above clause to this special. Its my first booking with them so I dont know if they actually run reports for pick this up or not.

Wow. That is new. We cancelled our cruise and rebooked a special about a month ago and all went well.