Oasis - CP vs. BV balcony?

Did the eastbound Oasis crossing last September in a Boardwalk balcony on deck 11. Did not hear any noise at all when the balcony door was closed. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Going on the Oasis again the end of November and are going to stay in a Central Park balcony this time. 1st time we will have done that. Heard good things about overlooking Central Park so looking forward to that as well.

Tim

My son (then 8) and I stayed in a boardwalk balcony (deck 10) on oasis and loved it. There was no noise with the doors were closed. We really enjoyed watching the Aqua theater from our balcony and the view of the ocean was very nice, as was the fresh air. My son also loved being able to sit outside and watch the movie on the big screen while I was getting ready for dinner at night. The CP balcony would have the benefit of soft live music at night and a more romantic feel to it. If she has family with kids, they would love the boardwalk balcony.

I couldn't resist booking 4 of the last aft B1 cabins on Harmony...price was amazing and a great opportunity to bring the whole family again...We usually always do a JS or above but I think these Boardwalk Balcony cabins are going to be great fun for the grandkids.

We had a boardwalk balcony reserved on Oasis and swapped at last minute for a suite guarantee. We ended up with a JS and were pleased. For grandkids I'm sure the boardwalk balconies will be great. I don't think we would have been happy w/the lack of privacy though. Folks on boardwalk can look up and those in the Diamond club are looking straight down the boardwalk at deck 11/12 level.

Hi, my FOS friend! I thought I would chime in here since we just got off Oasis. We had the last aft Boardwalk balcony on deck 12. I guess the people who say there is no noise from the Boardwalk were not close to the Aqua Theater, or they had a different sound technician, or they were only in their room during morning and late night....:D

We definitely heard the movies, NBA Play Offs (plus the crowds cheering) and the shows through the closed & locked balcony door. It was usually over by 11 or 11:30 p.m. It did not bother our 10 year old, as he can sleep easily. It was just a different experience we had than others, so I wanted to share.

The noise was anytime they had an event (like the belly flop competition). So, it was usually in the afternoon and evening. Of course, it was great to watch the events from the balcony. :) From my experience, I would recommend trying a Boardwalk one time, but if the price is right, I would personally opt for an oceanview balcony in the future...

For your situation, CP may be ideal for location. Which deck did you choose?

Hi, my FOS friend! I thought I would chime in here since we just got off Oasis. We had the last aft Boardwalk balcony on deck 12. I guess the people who say there is no noise from the Boardwalk were not close to the Aqua Theater, or they had a different sound technician, or they were only in their room during morning and late night....:D

We definitely heard the movies, NBA Play Offs (plus the crowds cheering) and the shows through the closed & locked balcony door. It was usually over by 11 or 11:30 p.m. It did not bother our 10 year old, as he can sleep easily. It was just a different experience we had than others, so I wanted to share.

The noise was anytime they had an event (like the belly flop competition). So, it was usually in the afternoon and evening. Of course, it was great to watch the events from the balcony. :) From my experience, I would recommend trying a Boardwalk one time, but if the price is right, I would personally opt for an oceanview balcony in the future...

For your situation, CP may be ideal for location. Which deck did you choose?

Hi there. I was going to ask you about this too :)

We are booked in a GS on deck 11 for Harmony, and now looking for a cabin for my sister and her family. I know she would love an ocean view balcony but not sure if it's in her budget. I thought a CP or BV balcony might be a nice compromise as they have both available on deck 11. If my mom also comes, then they may need two cabins. At this stage, just trying to come up with some prices and she what she thinks it doable.

The boardwalk balconies are excellent for people watching and the theater shows aft. I have not been on a central park balcony. Aside from possible increase temps on the central park, my thinking is either great:D

We're opting for one of the aft-most Boardwalk balconies on our upcoming Oasis cruise because we wanted to experience Boardwalk and still have ocean views from our balcony. This affords both because of how far aft it is. That's something to consider as well.

Some say Central Park is hotter because it's closed at both ends. Some say Boardwalk is noiser because of the Aquatheater events.

We'd add Bob that the Boardwalk Balconies vary according to the weather, we found them very hot in the summer months, much hotter then outside Balconies where there's more air circulation when the ship is moving.

I did have the furthest aft BW balcony (10329). I guess I should say that there was no noise when I was trying to sleep. If I was awake, I could hear something - but that only made me want to go out on my balcony and see what was going on! I did not find it disruptive at all.

We had a Central Park Cabin more towards the aft. We found there was decent breeze when the ship was underway. When we took the Central Park garden tour which the head Horticulturist gives a couple times during the cruise, he mentions the wind that affects the plants towards the aft portion of Central Park.

During the day we did hear noise coming from above even with the balcony door closed. It wasn't obnoxious though.

We were in 11329 in May. I must say that it was the most fun balcony I have ever had! We spent a lot of time out there, but YES there was noise from the Aquatheater. It was always over by 11:30 at night. I am really glad we had this balcony and on the Oasis class of ship I would do it again. It is a unique feature of this class of ship and a great experience. We had an OV balcony on the Allure and on all of our other cruises. The only other class of cabin I would take on an Oasis Class ship is a full suite, but for now, I will settle happily for the BW balcony anytime.:)

Pro's - great views and something always going on to get your interest!

Cons - Lack of privacy and the noise (more like the bass vibrations) from the Aquatheater. We just closed the curtains when we were changing or lying down. Otherwise, I had nothing to hide.:)

I have a lot of pictures posted of the cabin and the views in my PICTORIAL REVIEW here and in my signature.

I enjoy all the activitiy on the Boardwalk. Central Park would be a bit boring for me. I would personally prefer an OV balcony over a CP balcony. We were in a CP balcony on a cabin crawl and were surprised at the amount of noise coming from the pool deck. I am sure with the doors closed you would not hear anything, though.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl