Group Bookings

Bocagirl1

I am booking a cruise on Crown Princess for March 2017 and there are blocks of cabins already showing as sold

Is it possible that there could be large groups booked on this and if so how can I find out please

I am booking a cruise on Crown Princess for March 2017 and there are blocks of cabins already showing as sold

Is it possible that there could be large groups booked on this and if so how can I find out please

Probably not groups this early. Princess is selling a variety of b2b's for the Crown in March 2017 and they block cabins for each of these sailings. Try looking at each leg of the cruise individually and you will probably see what is shown as sold for one cruise shows as available for another.

Often a travel agent will request to hold a bunch of cabins for her clients knowing that she will most likely have many that will book through her. Then as the cruise nears final payment the TA will release any unsold cabins. But you can not find out if it is a special group or not due to privacy laws. If someone knows something different, let me know.

To think that this is because of group bookings would be an assumption. Princess holds back cabins all the time. There is no way to tell unless Princess confirms this to you which is doubtful.

Princess cruise do sell out, and if its a popular one it even more of a reason to sell quickly.

You may see many of those cabins pop back up again.

Probably not groups this early. Princess is selling a variety of b2b's for the Crown in March 2017 and they block cabins for each of these sailings. Try looking at each leg of the cruise individually and you will probably see what is shown as sold for one cruise shows as available for another.

The most likely reason . :rolleyes:

i had something interesting happen to me. I was looking for a three person cabin and large blocks were showing as sold. When I changed back to a two person room, the cabins showed available. I'm taking this to mean that those cabins only are available for a two person booking, but instead of saying something like "unavailable" they showed "sold". The cabins obviously weren't sold, but it looked like they were. OP, maybe try changing the number of passengers?

i had something interesting happen to me. I was looking for a three person cabin and large blocks were showing as sold. When I changed back to a two person room, the cabins showed available. I'm taking this to mean that those cabins only are available for a two person booking, but instead of saying something like "unavailable" they showed "sold". The cabins obviously weren't sold, but it looked like they were. OP, maybe try changing the number of passengers?

Yes 3/4 person cabins were sold out in that cat.

The ship can only sell so many total berths for 3/4 people.

Once that limit is reached it is sold out.

We had a similar problem with Caribbean Princess booking for January 2017. I did the "mock" bookings and there were big blocks of cabins marked sold on each sailing. Seemed screwy to me (over a year & a half out) so called our long time travel agent.

Our TA's system she uses to book for clients was also showing the same.

She confirmed the dates we wanted and made sure we wanted our normal cabin type and location -- mini-suite, mid-ship , same cabin for all sailing -- and told me she to let her see what she could do to make it work but it would probably take her several hours to get in touch with the right people.

Happily, we are now booked for the 22 days we wanted in the same cabin (mini-suite, mid-ship) for all by doing a B2B2B (8-8-6). :)

LuLu

Yes 3/4 person cabins were sold out in that cat.

The ship can only sell so many total berths for 3/4 people.

Once that limit is reached it is sold out.

The only limit is the number of cabins with these extra berths.

100% of the berths (upper and lower) that exist can be sold.

There used to be some Princess ships that did have limits on the total number of passengers which was lower than the total number of berths. This was due to lifecraft capacity, but this is not a limitation on any current Princess ship.