Cabins now ready on embarkation

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Changing tack (but only very slightly), we have been very fortunate to be upgraded to a mini suite on our cruise - we depart on Wednesday. Could someone tell me whether we get lunch provided separately from that available in the buffet? Indications are that we do, but cant see it clarified anywhere, and we don't usually book suites! Our boarding time is 12.00 which I gather is standard for suite passengers, but our friends have been given 2.00pm (they have not unfortunately been upgraded) . Thanks

Hi, reading through P&O's Q&A page ...

Q. Can we check in and embark together if we have different check-in times, but we are travelling as one party?

A:If you have different check-in times this is not a problem, parties are more than welcome to check in and embark together.

If P&O say it's ok then that's all that matters :)

Hope you and your friends have a great holiday :D

Edited by kalos

We were a party of 4 on Britannia the other week. All singles, and separate check in times. I'm disabled, and go to the check in for disabled, and the other 3 were allowed to check in with me, as they are in my party and helpers. They don't discriminate if you're altogether. I've never found this to be a problem with abled groups with different times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, reading through P&O's Q&A page ...

Q. Can we check in and embark together if we have different check-in times, but we are travelling as one party?

A:If you have different check-in times this is not a problem, parties are more than welcome to check in and embark together.

If P&O say it's ok then that's all that matters :)

Hope you and your friends have a great holiday :D

Thanks. I appreciate that - but I still don't know if we get lunch or not! If we do then we will check in at 1200 but if we don't then we will just check in when we are ready and go to the buffet with our friends...

I think I will have to start a new thread about lunch ...this is the second thread I have asked the question on and no-one has answered it yet!

Sorry, can't answer about lunch. We went up to deck 16, where the grill was open for burgers and other foods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its OK - Just done a search and found a review by "the English Lady " of the new mini suite on Arcadia - which says we do! Well nibbles and fizz ...that'll do.

Maybe should have tried that route earlier.......:o:o:o

Have read on another thread that someone phoned P&O and asked if they could have an earlier boarding time as they had been given late afternoon.

P&O said not to worry as the times given were a guide to prevent everyone turning up at once.

But surely Jeanlyon you must have arrived very early in the past, otherwise you couldn't possibly be such an expert on the subject.

How could you know about waiting times for early arrivers if you haven't been there!:)

No, I have never arrived before 1 o'clock. If you read my post I said "IF they enforce it, you COULD be waiting for a couple of hours".

Personally I hope they do enforce it and stop all the argument.

Its OK - Just done a search and found a review by "the English Lady " of the new mini suite on Arcadia - which says we do! Well nibbles and fizz ...that'll do.

Maybe should have tried that route earlier.......:o:o:o

Hi.

Ask the question on the roll call and I will answer it there. But be quick I won't be able to do it tomorrow.

I've just read on P&O's Facebook page that they have abandoned the trials with new boarding procedure. Someone posted that there was a lot of ill feeling about the boarding times on Britannia and the response from P&O was that yes they had trialled a new procedure but had decided to abandon it and leave the boarding as it was!

I've just read on P&O's Facebook page that they have abandoned the trials with new boarding procedure. Someone posted that there was a lot of ill feeling about the boarding times on Britannia and the response from P&O was that yes they had trialled a new procedure but had decided to abandon it and leave the boarding as it was!

They have common sense and do listen after all then. I am sure they will manage with boarding. Yes Britannia is a larger ship but she isn't that much bigger than Azura and Ventura. Time to chill now. Thanks for the good news. :)

Just returned today from great Ventura cruise, from Southampton. There was no problem at all abiding or not to the time you're given. No one checked or asked, and you were just given a letter when you arrived, and got called up by the letter.

So I'd say to folks, don't worry, and do what you've always done.

Just returned today from great Ventura cruise, from Southampton. There was no problem at all abiding or not to the time you're given. No one checked or asked, and you were just given a letter when you arrived, and got called up by the letter.

So I'd say to folks, don't worry, and do what you've always done.

Welcome back to Staffordshire ;) What time did check in open for you?

The definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Looks like P&O haven't learned anything from last time they tried an empty threat with embarkation times.

Welcome back to Staffordshire ;) What time did check in open for you?

Thanks Presto 2, but I'd much rather be back on board than in "cold" Staffs!

We arrived at the terminal about 11.40am, and they started calling folks up around midday. We were on board about 12.20 /30 ish, so not a long wait. The cabins were't ready until almost 3pm, but the luggage was outside our door when we got there. :):)

Thanks Presto 2, but I'd much rather be back on board than in "cold" Staffs!

We arrived at the terminal about 11.40am, and they started calling folks up around midday. We were on board about 12.20 /30 ish, so not a long wait. The cabins were't ready until almost 3pm, but the luggage was outside our door when we got there. :):)

Thanks for the info. To be honest we expect to wait for the cabins - would rather have them getting a good clean than being rushed to be ready for 1pm.

We really need a holiday this year so just can not wait to put our first foot on the ship :)

PS Hope it hasn't been as miserable for you today as it has been here in Stoke on Trent.

We are on Britannia 25th July. I received this e mail yesterday.

From P&O Cruises:

Coach Ticket Trial Message:

Cruise Connect will be supporting P&O Cruises' staggered arrival schedule for the embarkation of your cruise. The arrival timetable has been adjusted for your service to ensure a better check-in and boarding process. On board your cabins will be ready and all facilities including lunch will be available throughout the day. P&O Cruises will be contacting you directly nearer your cruise departure date with more information regarding the Pride & Joy programme and future enhancements.

It's all as clear as mud !

Annie,

Having had another look I think there is some confusion. The OP on the FB page was interested in the suggested new system of people picking there own boarding time. The more I look the more I think that it is this idea which has been abandoned. I suppose time will tell. The post above regarding the coach travel does not seem to be an abandonment of later boarding.

P&O will not want people hanging around in the departure lounge, they want you onboard as quickly as possible - easy the sooner you are on the sooner you are spending! You are not spending money with P&O until you set foot on that ship sop they will not follow through with this in my opinion :)