Cabins now ready on embarkation

That's what I'm going to do especially after the post Silver Service made, will get thrown out of the hotel at 11am. I will see if I get an email between now and next Sunday when we board and let you know. If it is a rumour maybe it was planted by P&O - oh no, now I've started a conspiracy theory [emoji12]

Edited by Florry

We were on B510 which I believe was the first cruise to do this trial. I think personally it was left a little late to tell you that the terminal didn't open until 1.00 as most people had made their travel arrangements etc. If you knew in advance its no real hardship to wait until the desk opens. We turned up just after 11.30 as we were staying in a hotel overnight. Our boarding time wasn't until 2pm but as soon as check in opened we went straight on board and into our cabin before having a look around the fantastic ship. I am sure when people realise that check in doesn't open till 1 then things might calm down.

If you're told that boarding won't start til 1 and not to turn up early then don't turn up early. Yes they left it late to notify but as I understand it, this was a result of trying to juggle boarding across four ships and the associated traffic in Southampton. It's not just about one ship! If you can get all of the departing passengers out if Southampton before the arriving passengers then traffic flows a lot better.

Just cause your hotel kicks you out at 9am does not make you P&O's problem. Choose a hotel that lets you keep your room until boarding starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And of course they do it when the ship is delayed as they did with Azura recently. People were told they would not be boarding until 4pm! Sounds just fine to me. If checkin doesn't open until 1300, then it doesn't open - simple.

Just cause your hotel kicks you out at 9am does not make you P&O's problem. Choose a hotel that lets you keep your room until boarding starts.

And of course they do it when the ship is delayed as they did with Azura recently. People were told they would not be boarding until 4pm! Sounds just fine to me. If checkin doesn't open until 1300, then it doesn't open - simple.

Check out at our hotel is 11am - not sure I know of any with a time of 9am. Having said that I know of few hotels that let you stay until 1pm.

I just want to know what is going on.

What annoys us that P&O hasn't told us about boarding times, this site had.

We booked this cruise last March 2014 ---- it is a bit late telling us they have changed the system now, trial or no trial. Personally I don't want my cabin ready when I board --- I just want to get on and potter around. Is that too much to ask?

As for everyone mentioning the size of the ship ----- it isn't that much bigger that the Eclipse or RCI ships etc --- get a grip.

We're still turning up for noon and will see what happens. If we wait we wait.

P&O always notify embarkation times on your ticket - that's how they tell you. My ticket for cruise B510 had the correct updated check in time on it? P&O do say you should print your tickets as close to boarding as possible to allow for such changes.

P&O always notify embarkation times on your ticket - that's how they tell you. My ticket for cruise B510 had the correct updated check in time on it? P&O do say you should print your tickets as close to boarding as possible to allow for such changes.

Yip - ours keeps moving ever closer to Muster Drill. As you can tell we are really not at all happy. I want to know when check in opens not what our ever changing e-ticket says.

Sorry to be so miserable about it - we are just really disappointed. If I come across as being cross I'm sounding off at you all not at you.

No worries. P&O have said that there will be a 'select your own boarding time' trial later this year. This will solve some issues but create others - like who gets to chose boarding time first! Loyal tier, fare type, deck?..

No worries. P&O have said that there will be a 'select your own boarding time' trial later this year. This will solve some issues but create others - like who gets to chose boarding time first! Loyal tier, fare type, deck?..

sounds like fun...could be an interesting algorithm or venn diagram too..

date of booking, select, early saver, saver, suite passenger, passengers with mobility issues, distance live from port, staying overnight, coach passenger, alphabetical (yippee Ill be first!), date of birth......and so on!

We shall wait and see!

Not much use to us --- moan, moan, moan -----

I just think they should make it a perk of a select fare, it is isn't rocket science.

Moan, moan, moan, moan

Oh no ---------- am turning in to a moaner ....................:eek:

We don't take much notice of our boarding time.

We drive early to Southampton, go to friends for lunch and they then drop us off at the terminal this normally after two and before three thirty. As long as we are on board before it sails why rush. :)

Scorpio agree. Arriving at 11.30 seems way over the top. Just have to make the holiday a few hours longer. And you normally can't get to your cabin until 1400, so why rush. I have always got there about 1 to 1.30, less than half an hour to be on board.

so why rush. I have always got there about 1 to 1.30, less than half an hour to be on board.

I suppose we are all different. We can't wait to get on the ship and have a wander around. Not too worried about the buffet etc, just being on the ship is magical for us. Neither view is right or wrong, just different.

We live about 1 hour from Southampton. We empty the fridge, change the sheets, take the cats to the cattery. Then we sit and twiddle our thumbs. I usually crack first and decide we will leave for the port. This year we are going with friends and have a taxi booked for 11am, I hope that will not cause any problems.

We live about 1 hour from Southampton. We empty the fridge, change the sheets, take the cats to the cattery. Then we sit and twiddle our thumbs. I usually crack first and decide we will leave for the port. This year we are going with friends and have a taxi booked for 11am, I hope that will not cause any problems.

Love it -- we do the same things but usually end up running late and dash out of the house. Glad we are not alone wanting to arrive early ;)

PS Hope your cats enjoy the cattery more than ours do :D:)

We are only on a shortie next month so are going to try a cat sitter for a change. We have a very good neighbour who is happy to help but we don't want to take him for granted.

We think that boarding late is stressful --- not as bad as leaving the cats at the cattery. Particularly when they give you that look !!

When asked for clarification P&O have stated categorically that passengers on the higher tiers who qualify for priority boarding and the lunch/complimentary champagne can ignore the boarding time and arrive when they like!

Why of course they can't reflect that on the e-tickets is another matter!

but what do you call boarding late? We are on board at 1.30 - is that late? It's hours to muster and we have already been around the ship, unpacked etc.

In a nutshell 4pm - the time we have been given.

To be honest this seems like one of those subjects where we don't agree. I don't understand your point of view and you don't understand ours. We're just different.... :)

On our last cruise, checkin closed at 1545hrs.

Brian

Only what happened in the past is not relevant with Britannia sailings at the moment. They have changed the timings an everything seems to have been put back an hour.

If I am travelling to Soton for a 4pm check in, what happens if I am held in a jam on the motorway? Everyone adds, or should, a by of leeway for possible delays but such a late slot doesn't give me much.

David.

Well we planned to arrive at Oceana this morning at 11AM and try our luck at getting onboard. Well we had incredibly easy transport connections and arrived at 10:15 and were checked in 10 minutes later and then on board. Now just waiting for our bijoux (ok small) cabin to be ready :)