Summit 8/30/2015 - Blu breakfast dining question

Fish Lover

I thanked everyone for their responses. I am looking forward to my trfip and had planned on writing a review when I return.

However, I am new to this board. Is this how you treat each other? With sarcasm and disdain?

No, I didn't tally the responses and make my mind up. I did however, read each one with interest.

Welcome to cruise critic. I reread this thread and didn't see any sarcasm and disdain. Don was correct -- you should tally up the responses in the future. :rolleyes:

My 2 cents -- eggs benedict not on the menu on the S-Class ships in Blu, but I don't see why you couldn't get it on the M-Class since the dining room kitchens are close together.

With regard to the triple espresso, I know you can get a double, so I don't see why you can't get one extra shot -- of course if you aren't Elite Plus, you would have to pay for it.

Yes. Partner and I will both have the premium beverage package. He tends to drink diet cola at breakfast (Mountain Dew at home, but that's rarely available on ships except Seabourn).

Maybe he'll order a Diet Coke and then we'll both have a round of double espressos! :-)

I thanked everyone for their responses. I am looking forward to my trfip and had planned on writing a review when I return.

However, I am new to this board. Is this how you treat each other? With sarcasm and disdain? In a word Yes

No, I didn't tally the responses and make my mind up. I did however, read each one with interest.

I look forward to your review. In general I didn't find the food on the Summit to be all that people rave about. Breakfast in general was the worst meal of the day in the MDR and at the buffet. I couldn't get a warm scrambled egg all week unless I waited on the long omelet line. I have also read mixed reviews on Blu for dinner but never read anything bad about breakfast until this thread. That person is from France so maybe they hold food quality to a higher standard. I know as someone who lives in New York I can't expect to go to Florida and find a decent bagel or slice of Pizza although the pizza has improved. Oddly enough Princess Cruise lines has some great pizza on board. However the bagels are just round bread with a hole.

We just returned from the Summit and we dined in Blu. We thought the food was quite good. I will say there was one morning, it was very slow and I'm not sure why. We did order room service a couple of mornings....loved to sit on our balcony and totally relax (me in my pj's). As far as the coffee, we have never liked the coffee on any cruise we've taken. We find it much too strong for our taste. We stopped by Cafe al Bacio a few times also for cappuccinos which were very good.

We were very happy to be in a peaceful dining venue. There were a lot of children on our cruise, which we knew ahead of time. I did hear a lot of complaints about the food in the MDR.

For what it's worth, I did not think Don's comment was rude at all. He's always been very nice on CC. Sorry you misconstrued what he wrote and welcome to cruise critic. I think you'll find most of the posters on this forum to be quite nice and very helpful. Don't read too much into the posts.

Thanks again for the responses. I try to cruise once a year, although there was a dry spell for a few years.

My first experience with Celebrity was 15 years ago south bound in Alaska. It was fabulous in every way, and the food was gourmet quality every night. There were no specialty restaurants or segregated dining (except for the buffet which I don't care for). It's was just great.

Last year was my most recent Celebrity cruise and the food was not nearly as good (although memory is a weird animal), but still a cut way above any other cruise line (including Princess, which is my second choice). We were in a CC class veranda state room. This year we will be in Aqua class, hence my questions about Blu.

I've also seen posts about the expanded room service menu, which (if it is good) would be great for breakfast. We are foodies and I'd rather eat a granola bar than eat a meal that is poorly prepared, not served at the right temp, or unseasoned.

So the responses truly feel mixed to me, as have the room service critiques. Either way, it won't ruin our cruise. The past couple years it has been just my mother and I. She's my best friend and I thoroughly enjoy her company. Every night is a like a pajama party and we love to do the same things. We don't let anything ruin our fun and the little glitches that happen we just chalk up to that, little glitches.

Thanks again for the responses. I try to cruise once a year, although there was a dry spell for a few years.

My first experience with Celebrity was 15 years ago south bound in Alaska. It was fabulous in every way, and the food was gourmet quality every night. There were no specialty restaurants or segregated dining (except for the buffet which I don't care for). It's was just great.

Last year was my most recent Celebrity cruise and the food was not nearly as good (although memory is a weird animal), but still a cut way above any other cruise line (including Princess, which is my second choice). We were in a CC class veranda state room. This year we will be in Aqua class, hence my questions about Blu.

I've also seen posts about the expanded room service menu, which (if it is good) would be great for breakfast. We are foodies and I'd rather eat a granola bar than eat a meal that is poorly prepared, not served at the right temp, or unseasoned.

So the responses truly feel mixed to me, as have the room service critiques. Either way, it won't ruin our cruise. The past couple years it has been just my mother and I. She's my best friend and I thoroughly enjoy her company. Every night is a like a pajama party and we love to do the same things. We don't let anything ruin our fun and the little glitches that happen we just chalk up to that, little glitches.

The expanded room service menu will give you pretty much anything you want to eat for breakfast including some smoothies and more extensive coffee drinks. Just to clarify, if you order from the room service menu, it will not come from Blu. At dinner you can get the regular MDR menu delivered to your room during regular dining room hours, again it will come from the MDR and not Blu.

The expanded room service menus can be found on this board if you do a search. It is the same as you would have had last year in a Concierge Cabin.

I know we often got items from the MDR in Blu, but no longer (except for a few standard items). We asked the head server about this, since the kitchens are indeed close. Among the answers we got: Concerns about "cross contamination" between kitchens, Blu supposed to offer "healthier" choices, and Eggs Benedict isn't a "healthier choices" item, and "if we did it for one person, everyone would want it." So strange. So nothing can be gotten from the MDR for Blu breakfast, and especially NOT eggs benefict! LOL

:

My 2 cents -- eggs benedict not on the menu on the S-Class ships in Blu, but I don't see why you couldn't get it on the M-Class since the dining room kitchens are close together.

I know we often got items from the MDR in Blu, but no longer (except for a few standard items). We asked the head server about this, since the kitchens are indeed close. Among the answers we got: Concerns about "cross contamination" between kitchens, Blu supposed to offer "healthier" choices, and Eggs Benedict isn't a "healthier choices" item, and "if we did it for one person, everyone would want it." So strange. So nothing can be gotten from the MDR for Blu breakfast, and especially NOT eggs benefict! LOL

If I got that answer, I would have immediately waived the "BS" flag in his face. :D

I did once back in 2012 order eggs benedict in Blu from our waiter. I did get it, but he did not look very happy having to fetch it for me, so I never ordered it again. :eek:

They do a great job with poached eggs on an English muffin with bacon on the side.

Edited by Wine-O

We definitely felt that smoke was being blown up our patoots, and that it simply reflected an institutionalized cut in service. I was disappointed.

Welcome to cruise critic. I reread this thread and didn't see any sarcasm and disdain. Don was correct -- you should tally up the responses in the future. :rolleyes:

With regard to the triple espresso, I know you can get a double, so I don't see why you can't get one extra shot -- of course if you aren't Elite Plus, you would have to pay for it.

If I got that answer, I would have immediately waived the "BS" flag in his face. :D

I did once back in 2012 order eggs benedict in Blu from our waiter. I did get it, but he did not look very happy having to fetch it for me, so I never ordered it again. :eek:

We definitely felt that smoke was being blown up our patoots, and that it simply reflected an institutionalized cut in service. I was disappointed.

Not necessarily a cruise-line cut [although it could be -- there have been enough threads about Celebrity cuts :)], sounds like a lazy Maitre d' to me.

However, I am new to this board. Is this how you treat each other? With sarcasm and disdain?

Fish Lover, always remember that there is a very handy tool on these boards: the "ignore list" for members for whom you don't want to read their responses.

Edited by PatrickZJD

[quote name='PatrickZJD']Fish Lover, always remember that there is a very handy tool on these boards: the "ignore list" for members for whom you don't want to read their responses.[/QUOTE]

:) Thanks you. I'm over it. I just didn't think it was very nice to imply I couldn't count to 10 without a calculator or that I couldn't be bothered with the responses (which I really read with relish).:)

Fish Lover,

Don't you know that you can't have "relish" in Blu, even if they have relish in the MDR, and even if the Blu kitchen is right next to the MDR kitchen, due to "cross contamination." Don't they understand that this is likely to make the Blu diners "cross?"

Must be due to some lawyers! ;)

Derek