Falling off ships

Does the light on the lifejacket/lifesaver automatically activate upon hitting water?

Then throwing one over is meant to act as a waypoint?

I am pretty sure that it does - I am trying to remember the details from the lifeboat drill.:)

Yes the light on the lifejacket is activated by water.

We were once tendered ashore in the pouring rain and the lights on the lfejackets under the seats were coming on with the moisture..

hello mic

long time since we last spoke. solstice 2013 from Hawaii

how is everything these days. lake Macquarie is still a great place.

regards michael

Yes, it was a great cruise, we have done quite a few cruises since and have more planned, so life is good. Hope things are well with you and yes, Lake Macquarie is still a great place.:D

Yes the light on the lifejacket is activated by water.

We were once tendered ashore in the pouring rain and the lights on the lfejackets under the seats were coming on with the moisture..

Yes, we had a similar situation, they are similar to the Aeroplane jackets as they are fitted with a light and whistle except they do not need inflating.:D

yep, had me confused (not that hard to do) until I realised what you meant.:D

Sorry I was waiting for Court to start and using my tablet.

I can't type at the best of times but when called didn't read before I hit submit.

Edited by GUT2407

Does the light on the lifejacket/lifesaver automatically activate upon hitting water?

Then throwing one over is meant to act as a waypoint?

The big RING type things you see affixed to the ships rails are a lot more sophisticated than the life jacket you wear and the epirb will really help relocation. This is what I was talking about throwing over board.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

The big RING type things you see affixed to the ships rails are a lot more sophisticated than the life jacket you wear and the epirb will really help relocation. This is what I was talking about throwing over board.

Regards John

Yes, great if up on the deck but if you are in the cabin a life jacket is handier.:D

Regards John

Epirb?