Blu dress code on formal. Nights

mrsz

Do men have to wear suits on formal nights when dining in Blu. My husband is tired of bringing suits on a cruise and would like to wear a collard shirt and dress pants. Is that acceptable

Nope! Stay smart casual in BLU!! Others wil now chirp in how they dress up and how great it is, :D One is not out of place if u dress up or do not in BLU..simple as that and enjoy ur cruise

Nope! Stay smart casual in BLU!! Others wil now chirp in how they dress up and how great it is, :D One is not out of place if u dress up or do not in BLU..simple as that and enjoy ur cruise

Yup, dress code is "smart casual and above", choice is yours.

There will be a mix. Not very often a tux, but some open collar with blazers and a few ties no coats and a few coats and ties. And at least half will be in Hawaiian shirts or something else smart-casual.

What I think most people do on formal nights in Blu is just put a bit more effort on those nights and it's ok to not. That's the beauty of it. Personally we dress up a bit more on those nights because we're out and about the ship all evening with the majority of the people who are main dining room and dress up.

Yes on formal nights I wear my khaki jeans instead of my blue jeans in Blu.

up coming cruises 8/9/2015 (Bermuda) Summit 3/5/16 (E Caribbean) Reflection 9/3/2016 (Europe/Med) Silhouette 1/14/207 (Asia) Millennium 5/7/2017 (Hawaii) Solstice

I alternate between a tux and a Hawaiian shirt with khakis. Wearing my tux isn't to be snooty, the only reason I wear it is because after 22 years, it still fits! Dunno why...nothing else does. :D

I will probably retire it soon. Perhaps I should try wearing a Hawaiian shirt with the tux?

DH dressed smart casual in Blu. With that being said, I was surprised to see a number of tuxedos in Blu and fancy dresses on the ladies on our Bermuda cruise. We actually felt a little out of place on formal nights. Next trip I'll at least pack a jacket and tie for him and probably a couple of nicer dresses for myself.

DH dressed smart casual in Blu. With that being said, I was surprised to see a number of tuxedos in Blu and fancy dresses on the ladies on our Bermuda cruise. We actually felt a little out of place on formal nights. Next trip I'll at least pack a jacket and tie for him and probably a couple of nicer dresses for myself.

You should never feel out of place when you dress smart casual. Since we started booking Aqua no suit and tie. I never feel out of place and don't care what others think. I wear my formal Hawaiian shirt and Khaki pants. If someone wants to over dress go for it. Save as much weight in our checked luggage as possible.

You should never feel out of place when you dress smart casual. Since we started booking Aqua no suit and tie. I never feel out of place and don't care what others think. I wear my formal Hawaiian shirt and Khaki pants. If someone wants to over dress go for it. Save as much weight in our checked luggage as possible.

I know and no one made us feel out of place. It was just that we did feel under dressed. DH actually wore dress slacks with several different types of shirts and one was a very pretty silk tropical shirt....thought that would be appropriate for a Bermuda cruise but didn't see many of them.

On our 7-night Silhouette cruise last March, there was a noticable difference in Blu for the first and second formal nights. First night, I saw a handful of tuxes, with most men wearing either jacket and tie or open collar and jacket. Second formal night, most men wore open collar shirts with a few wearing jackets- saw no tuxes. The women wore pretty much the same level of dress both nights. I saw cocktail dresses, sun dresses, and a lot of dressy slacks with silk tops or beaded tops (think what you'd find in Chico's.)

I have noticed that most men dress up on Formal Nights in Blu. There have been some tuxedos but most have a jacket and tie or open collared shirt. There are really very few that dine with Hawaiian shirts. A small minority on the cruises we have been on. It is a dress up night and most do get dressed up.

We found with blu that people weren't necessarily dressing formal for the dinner but for the fact it was formal night. We wanted to participate in the dressing up and as we were Aqua we happened to dine in blu. Speaking to others in the restaurant they said the same

We found with blu that people weren't necessarily dressing formal for the dinner but for the fact it was formal night. We wanted to participate in the dressing up and as we were Aqua we happened to dine in blu. Speaking to others in the restaurant they said the same

Formal night only applies to the MDR, not anywhere else on the ship. I have found the dress in Blu is very much dependent on itinerary.