2016 Mediterrean Cruise Cancelled

I object 2

And now the October 1, 2016 transatlantic has also been cancelled! Extremely disappointing.

Did you get a notification from your TA that the October 1 sailing has been cancelled? If so, I will be VERY disappointed. Keep us posted.

B

Edited by bellebaby

Royal Princess now has a drydock scheduled at the end of September 2016. The TA has been rescheduled to 8 October 2016.

Thanks for the information.

This will be a big disappointment for passengers planning to combine a Med. sailing with a TA.

B

They also cxld the Med cruise so when they get their act together, you can still book the two as a b2b.

My TA said it might be a week before the new bookings open.:(

They also cxld the Med cruise so when they get their act together, you can still book the two as a b2b.

I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I assume the TA will commence upon completion of the drydock.

B

That's encouraging news, Donna. We booked the Sept 24th and Oct 1st sailings. As long as we're able to book the same itinerary and length of cruise, we'll be happy.

That's encouraging news, Donna. We booked the Sept 24th and Oct 1st sailings. As long as we're able to book the same itinerary and length of cruise, we'll be happy.

I guess the length of the drydock will determining factor.

B

I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I assume the TA will commence upon completion of the drydock.

B

Any info on the length of the drydock?

B

It appears that the drydock is scheduled for 9/24/16 through 10/8/16. The TA starts on 10/8 for 14 days (Rome, Florence/Pisa, Toulon, Barcelona, Azores, FLL). There is a 5-day Caribbean voyage scheduled when she reaches FLL.

Its already there. Would need furnishings.

I realize it's currently there for the crews use (and for everyone during muster). However, I would think that above deck 7 there might be walls that would need to come down to make it an open staircase plus additional finishing touches from an aesthetic standpoint. I was just wondering if 14 days is enough time to have this completed. I would guess the answer is yes.

Edited by msmoger

Surprising such a new ship is scheduled for a 14 day dry dock already

Kinda unusual, wonder what's up ?

Srpilo

The standard drydock seems to be at least 14 days... She'll have been in the water for over 3 years, so I think a drydock is due. Rumor has it that they'll also retrofit an aft pool ala Regal Princess. I've heard that the new ship will have a finished central staircase, so it may be likely that they will finish Royal's too...

The standard drydock seems to be at least 14 days... She'll have been in the water for over 3 years, so I think a drydock is due. Rumor has it that they'll also retrofit an aft pool ala Regal Princess. I've heard that the new ship will have a finished central staircase, so it may be likely that they will finish Royal's too...

Thanks & maybe they'll also add Princess Theater side aisles like on the Regal.

New cruise, 14 Day Rome/FLL, October 8, 2016 will be available for booking on July 10. Itinerary 1634N.

They are also offering an OBC of $30 for booking any other cruise between now and December 31, 2016.

I called Princess and this is what they told me.

Honestly, the $30 offer is the biggest insult. Better to offer nothing. That is so bad.

I'm waiting until this information is a bit more concrete and will decide what to do then. My biggest disappointment is that there was the most wonderful group of people on this cruise and the cruise was so diverse. Would have been wonderful.

Oh Ya......I get $30 OBC Woopie

Rumor indicates this is a refresh drydock with some mods made for the soot issue. No mention of staircase or aft pool changes (I could possibly see the stairs in 14 days but not the structural and plumbing changes to add a pool...)