Escape, when will the employee take vacations?

mcatmcat

Hi

The first sailing for escape is in November 2015 and I was wondering when does the crew such us stateroom attendant and restaurant personal will take their vacation. Is it like everyone go on vacation at the same time?

Hi

The first sailing for escape is in November 2015 and I was wondering when does the crew such us stateroom attendant and restaurant personal will take their vacation. Is it like everyone go on vacation at the same time?

A few crew changes happen every week . Some will bounce from one ship to another during one contract.

Hi

Due to the different contract lengths, which vary from 10 weeks to 9 months, depending on their positions, approximately 10 to 20 percent of the crew leave the ship each home port and their replacements arrive that same day.

Hi

The first sailing for Escape is in November 2015 and I was wondering when does the crew such us stateroom attendant and restaurant personal will take their vacation?

Is it like everyone goes on vacation at the same time?

Hmmm... And I was wondering, when they leave, will they be considered Escapees ? :D

Edited by $hip$hape

Hi

I thought the very first sailing was in October

Due to the different contract lengths, which vary from 10 weeks to 9 months, depending on their positions, approximately 10 to 20 percent of the crew leave the ship each home port and their replacements arrive that same day.

I think you meant to say 1% - 3% not 10 -20. The crew does not turn over that fast.

Some will rotate from other ships to crew the new ship; some will be assigned prior to Inaugural to get galley, dining rooms, cabins, bars ...... get the whole ship ready for guests.

They never have a total crew turnover at the same time. Varying length contracts that begin and end on staggered dates make sure there is always some crew with experience on that ship remaining.

At times they do. Dawn had 117 newbees on our last repo cruise .

When you calculate the percentage of total Officers/Crew/Staff on a ship that size, that really is not that many.

At times they do. Dawn had 117 newbees on our last repo cruise .

When you calculate the percentage of total Officers/Crew/Staff on a ship that size, that really is not that many.

That represents about 10% of the crew, and in my experience is around the upper limit on crew changes. Personnel has trouble handling more than that in a day.

Repo cruises are somewhat different, in that they are frequently longer, so crew changes scheduled in the middle of the trip will be pushed either earlier or later. Also, the line may want to push crew changes to prior to the repo because of airfare deals and availability at the original home port over the new home port.

On my recent cruise there was a fairly sizeable crew change DURING the cruise. I got talking to a bartender one night and she was leaving the ship along with many colleagues the next day, and there was a crew party that night to say goodbye to the departing members.