OLife Excursions

TERRIER1

It will be interesting to see if they can accommodate most of the passengers

At some ports there are limited transportation options

with the free excursions will it put more strain on the space available ?

Will they only allow so many people to have the free excursion then the rest are out of luck?

It is one thing to do this on another line with under 700 passenger but 1200 passengers ...I have my doubts it was a good idea

Time will tell of course ;)

I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time

JMO

Just booked 2 excursions on our 6/2016 cruise and they exactly equal the extra amount we paid to get O Life promo.

Had no problem booking them (they were the ones I liked best) - there is no charge for them as it recognizes our O Life promo.

With 2 more excursions to book for each of us + free internet + full value OBC for PPG - all this is extra value for us.

O Life works for us on this cruise - but it was not worth it on another where we already had PPG & internet (OBC for PPG + Gold bonus are enough to pay for excursions we want on this cruise).

I am on Riviera now, and have booked a future cruise - only to be told that the O Life promotion is different for British (and presumably European?) customers. We don't get the excursion package at all. Instead, we get PPG plus free drinks package plus free wifi. Presumably, there is a similar value. It doesn't really work for us though, as we get 6 bottles of wine with our suite (or spirits) in any case. We will be swimming in alcohol by the time our next cruise is over! I don't understand why Oceania has different marketing policies for different countries. I guess they must have their reasons and I'd be interested to know what they are. The 'free' excursions are being advertised via Currents, with no mention of the fact that they are available only to American customers.

I am on Riviera now, and have booked a future cruise - only to be told that the O Life promotion is different for British (and presumably European?) customers. We don't get the excursion package at all. Instead, we get PPG plus free drinks package plus free wifi.

Interesting

It would be nice if you cannot opt out of the O Life package that you could choose between free excursions or drink package or WiFi

Wonder what the Countries will get...seems like an accounting nightmare ;)

4 per cabin or 4 per person?

It's four for each person. The revised pdf of excursions sent to us after we re-booked to include OLife clearly states that we each get 8 excursions per person for our 21 day cruise.

Edited by newbie60
missed a key word

It's four for each person. The revised pdf of excursions sent to us after we re-booked to include OLife clearly states that we each get 8 excursions per person for our 21 day cruise.

Are you sure about the number (8 each)? We are on a 20 day cruise and get only 5 each. It would seem to be a large difference for a cruise that is only 1 day longer.

Edited by Paulchili

Are you sure about the number (8 each)? We are on a 20 day cruise and get only 5 each. It would seem to be a large difference for a cruise that is only 1 day longer.

Here's what our documents reflect - copied below:

COMPSHX8 Complimentary Shorex Package - 8 Free Excursions

Tour Price: $0.00

Date: July 17, 2016

Or it could mean 8 per cabin which would be 4 each :confused:

The new deal coming soon to Oceania

A La Carte perks

you can one of the following perks for your cruise depending on Cabin Category

higher the category get an extra free choice

free airfare

free WiFi

Free PPG

Free Beverage package

Free excursions

Free hotel before the cruise

Free transfers to the ship

Free extra reservation in the Specialties

Extra OBC

Seems to be never ending :rolleyes:

We are doing the TA to Lisbon next May for 14 nights. For a $600 upgrade fee we are getting 5 shore excursions pp (as well as free internet and ppg). The shore excursions we picked are ones that we probably would have chosen without the promo. The total cost of these came to $1550 and our charge was $0. Very happy about this so far.

It appears to be somewhat random - probably related to the cost of excursions.

Our 20 day cruise gets 5 free excursions but I have seen a 19 day cruise with 7 free excursions (Marina 6/14) :confused:

Can you get the OLife Promo even though have book your cruise already? Or do they have to cancel your current reservation and rebook to OLife? I just don't want to lose the cabins we book.

Thanks.

They have to rebook if the fare is higher but you should be able to keep your cabin - we did (on 2 cruises).

Maximus217 .. we were able to just pay the new price and retain the same cabin. I guess if there are still availabilities in your category you can do this.

A La Carte perks

free airfare

free WiFi

Free PPG

Free Beverage package

Free excursions

Extra OBC

You forgot to put Free in " " :D:D

A La Carte perks

free airfare

free WiFi

Free PPG

Free Beverage package

Free excursions

Extra OBC

I am checking this out Lyn..we havent heard of any promo..

Jancruz1

oh you were kidding???

Jancruz1

Jan I thought you knew me by now & my whacky sense of humour

In light of the new NCL A la carte program I would not be surprised by anything that happens on Oceania now :D

I obviously need a vacation ;)

Edited by LHT28

Hello all,

I just booked a cruise on Marina to the Baltics, starting September 3, 2016 (PH3 cabin). I chose the OLife package which was $300 pp more expensive than I could get otherwise. I went ahead and booked my four "free" excursions with no problem. I thought that I would share my experience.

On the excursions, it really is easy and, I think, a good deal. The cruise already has quite a few tours listed for each stop (but for one). I chose from the many offerings in four of the ports with no trouble. I believe that you are limited to the excursions that are not marked "OC" or "OE" - ie. the really expensive ones. I just added my selections to "my cart" and , at checkout, they listed the price of my choices as about $650 pp and then calculated the charge as $0. In the end, I guess I paid $300 (the fare increase) for $650 worth of excursions; and, that does not take the free unlimited internet into account. Now, if they would just throw in some free booze because I am a really good person and a quiet drunk:). . . :)

Judith

Jan I thought you knew me by now & my whacky sense of humour

In light of the new NCL A la carte program I would not be surprised by anything that happens on Oceania now :D

I obviously need a vacation ;)

LOL, I do now..problem is there have been things coming at us fast and furious..hard to keep up..actually your program is better than the new O Life IMHO...ROTFL

Jancruz1

LOL, I do now..problem is there have been things coming at us fast and furious..hard to keep up..actually your program is better than the new O Life IMHO...ROTFL

Jancruz1

Pass the idea on to your connections ...they may just like it :D:D