OLife Excursions

TERRIER1

Read the special offer in the link you've posted. That's the O Life. And the B cabins are $100 more than they were when the cruise was first published. Note that, for a brief time when Sirena was introduced, all O cruises had a temporary price drop. But that was over before O Life was introduced.

The announcement was a little confusing

The OLife Advantage program extends to all spring, summer and fall 2016 voyages in Europe, Alaska and Canada/New England. To qualify for the complimentary shore excursions, free unlimited internet and pre-paid gratuities, guests must book a veranda stateroom category or above before

Sept. 30, 2015.

The summer 2016 collection also includes the highly anticipated maiden season for Sirena, the newest addition to the Oceania Cruises fleet. The expanded six-ship fleet provides Oceania Cruises even greater flexibility to create an unprecedented number of new itineraries for the upcoming season, offering a perfect fusion of classic and off-the-beaten-path ports. The summer 2016 itineraries, all available for the OLife Advantage program, will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned traveler.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2015/Oceania+Cruises+Announces+New+%27OLife+Advantage%27+Early+Booking+Initiative/

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Caribbean-cruises/san-francisco-to-new-york-REG160831/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2016|08%23destinations%3Dcaribbean

Read the special offer in the link you've posted. That's the O Life. And the B cabins are $100 more than they were when the cruise was first published. Note that, for a brief time when Sirena was introduced, all O cruises had a temporary price drop. But that was over before O Life was introduced.

GOT IT

Most people thought it was just for Europe Canada/New England & Alaska

Which is where most of the cruises are at that time of year

As per the media announcement link I posted below it does say Summer cruises but not really the b destinations

Your Panama cruise out of 3 offered during Jun to Sept 2016 is the only one that has the O LIfe package

I just tried to see the same excursion info that we used to book ours but as you say just the info is there... no prices. But everything except the OE and OC are included. I guess you have to book it first. Or maybe they've just quit pricing them so that people would stop just booking the most expensive tours. If you go to "Find a Shore Excursion" and then go to Mediterranean cruised and pick one of the ports on our cruise, you can then go to find cruised that stop here and ours comes up there. Sorry to be so long winded and hope I've explained it a bit. Looking forward to seeing you in May also.

From what I see, all prices are listed in the Shore Excursions for your 'Booked' cruise.

You go into the 'shore excursions' and descriptions and prices are listed for each port day (scroll across the top of page)

They get added to your cart and will show a total value.

You will get an email from O Special Services Re: Extension Reservation Confirmation with a statement of the tours you selected.

There will be the passenger name - code of tour - description - price

At the bottom of page it will state: O Life Advantage Bonus Discount $****

then below it will show $0.00.

I just finished the process and it was very clear and simple.

GOT IT

Most people thought it was just for Europe Canada/New England & Alaska

Which is where most of the cruises are at that time of year

As per the media announcement link I posted below it does say Summer cruises but not really the b destinations

Your Panama cruise out of 3 offered during Jun to Sept 2016 is the only one that has the O LIfe package

Unless I am somehow misunderstanding you, you're saying that only 3 summer cruises have O Life. But your previous post has a link saying 147 cruises. I've already indicated that it is a perk on all sailings in summer 2016 purchased before the end of September 2015. Just to make sure it's clear: ImageUploadedByForums1439485120.967840.jpg.6a964691da98763d2e90cfc8016927e5.jpg

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Unless I am somehow misunderstanding you, you're saying that only 3 summer cruises have O Life[/b]. most likely

But your previous post has a link saying 147 cruises. I've already indicated that it is a perk on all sailings in summer 2016 purchased before the end of September 2015. Just to make sure it's clear: [ATTACH]358994[/ATTACH]

There are 3 Panama cruises offered during the summer months ...most usually occur during Dec to April

Your Aug sailing for the Panama trip is the only one with O life package

Other spring /summer cruises to Europe, Canada-New England/Alaska also have the O life package

Sorry I am not sure how I can make it any clearer for you

Time to move on :rolleyes:

Edited by LHT28

There are 3 Panama cruises offered during the summer months ...most usually occur during Dec to April

Your Aug sailing for the Panama trip is the only one with O life package

Other spring /summer cruises to Europe, Canada-New England/Alaska also have the O life package

Sorry I am not sure how I can make it any clearer for you

Time to move on :rolleyes:

I understand your point about what you are seeing on the website. But, last time I checked, June (and, actually, September as well) is a summer month.

Let's look one more time at the printed advertisement, which says "ALL Summer 2016 sailings booked by September 30, 2015."

ImageUploadedByForums1439487051.906604.jpg.73b3a5f4fa44e3d97749fdb0397ebdb2.jpg

I just learned that our TA (BCN to NYC) in October 2016 has OLife. It offers the standard tours for free (with $300 extra pp fare).

Mura

The free O Life is only on all summer 2016 sailings purchased before the end of September 2015.

It's pretty obvious that, after this introductory sale, O Life will become a paid option like the Prestige Alcohol Package but will occasionally be offered as a free perk instead of some combo of O provided tips, internet, excursions (and/or OBC) as has been done in the past.

What is also clear is that no one should be paying for O Life on any summer 2016 cruise purchased before the end of September 2015.

Though there are obvious jurisdiction issues, if a Californian gets charged for it, they may want to complain to the California Department of Consumer Affairs since it was a published printed offer made available to Californians.

I just learned that our TA (BCN to NYC) in October 2016 has OLife. It offers the standard tours for free (with $300 extra pp fare).

Mura

I recently booked my OLife tours for June 2016 and the value totals $1470.00

With all the other perks I think I'm ahead.

I will have to adjust to the O tours as I usually organize private excursions.

You know, the fact I will have no responsibilities for those 4 ports is slightly appealing. I'll only know whether OLife was worthwhile AFTER the cruise.

For now every dollar counts as I'm paying 30% more as a CDN:eek:

I’m very sorry to see that Oceania is including excursions in its fares. Included excursions are the primary reason why we have never travelled on Regent. As Oceania moves toward more and more inclusives, it becomes more like the all-inclusive lines that we have avoided because we don’t like to visit sights as part of a large bus group and we don’t drink very much. Included gratuities are welcome—everybody pays them—and onboard credits can be used for whatever you like, but we don’t appreciate being forced to pay for group tours that we don’t want. It appears right now that we can hardly book an Oceania cruise without paying for the unwanted tours, ie, without O Life. We’re Oceania loyalists but I’m dreading where this inclusive pricing is headed.

I’m very sorry to see that Oceania is including excursions in its fares. Included excursions are the primary reason why we have never travelled on Regent. As Oceania moves toward more and more inclusives, it becomes more like the all-inclusive lines that we have avoided because we don’t like to visit sights as part of a large bus group and we don’t drink very much. Included gratuities are welcome—everybody pays them—and onboard credits can be used for whatever you like, but we don’t appreciate being forced to pay for group tours that we don’t want. It appears right now that we can hardly book an Oceania cruise without paying for the unwanted tours, ie, without O Life. We’re Oceania loyalists but I’m dreading where this inclusive pricing is headed.

One more time:

If you are booking a summer 2016 cruise, O Life is included as a perk (as long as you book before the end of September 2015. What is a matter of discussion and not yet confirmed is whether O Life will become a pay option or an occasional O perk on certain sailings or (as some fear) a mandatory inclusion with associated price increase.

We shall see.

Sorry to belabor this, Flatbush Flyer, but we booked the 8/31/16 Panama Canal cruise in June 2015, without O Life. O Life is now available for new bookings only, if booked before September 30. We would have to cancel and rebook our cruise to get O Life, at an additional cost of $775 pp.

My point is that you cannot book this cruise, or most of Oceania's other cruises, right now without O Life. Happily, we booked this cruise early and didn't have to take O Life, but you cannot book it today without the added cost and added excursions.

I do hope it goes away after September 30 or becomes an option like the drink packages.

Susie I agree with you

We also do not drink much nor take ship's excursions

Probably would not book a cruise with the O life deal

I would not care even if they were truly FREE

I have seen some cruises that do not have the deal but whether you want to go there is another matter ;)

Lyn

Sorry to belabor this, Flatbush Flyer, but we booked the 8/31/16 Panama Canal cruise in June 2015, without O Life. O Life is now available for new bookings only, if booked before September 30. We would have to cancel and rebook our cruise to get O Life, at an additional cost of $775 pp.

My point is that you cannot book this cruise, or most of Oceania's other cruises, right now without O Life. Happily, we booked this cruise early and didn't have to take O Life, but you cannot book it today without the added cost and added excursions.

I do hope it goes away after September 30 or becomes an option like the drink packages.

You are not belaboring this. You were fortunate (in one way) that you booked during the brief window of a welcome Sirena sale that ended on June 30, 2015. Can't remember when that sale started. But earlier original cost of B cabin was $100 less (w/o O Life) than it has been since July 1 (with O Life) and that increase would be normal whether or not O Life ever existed. The Sirena sale added a $400 discount on B cabins (for example).

That said, I seem to remember that there weren't any O perks (or maybe just internet) on this cruise (we're on it too). So, unless your TA is covering tips in some way, remember that 18 days x $18 = $324/person. Add 1 unlimited internet (if you didn't get that O perk) and that's about another $180/person. So, unless you want the 5 excursion (worth about $500-600/ person), there is no reason for you to cancel and rebook.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

I recently booked my OLife tours for June 2016 and the value totals $1470.00

With all the other perks I think I'm ahead.

I will have to adjust to the O tours as I usually organize private excursions.

You know, the fact I will have no responsibilities for those 4 ports is slightly appealing. I'll only know whether OLife was worthwhile AFTER the cruise.

For now every dollar counts as I'm paying 30% more as a CDN:eek:

For a Sept 16 cruise....17 days, I got $728 in free grats, 5 tours value of $1756 and $340 in internet.... that's $2824 of nice $$$$$ its only for veranda and better cabins. However, the benefits received were more that the difference between a PH and the cheaperst inside !!! That's something that got my attention and my agent also gave me a serious rebate on that!!!

Nothing to say but good

I think is depends which cruise you pick for summer 2016 and the OLife perks. As an example, I booked the cruise in my sig line last September and the cruise is now $300 pp less! So I called and got the new OLife perks AND a total of $600 savings for the new price. I'm sure you will have a fine cruise :)

4 per person. I called Oceania directly and booked ours for our May cruise in about 2 minutes on the phone, literally.

The number of included O Life excursions varies depending on number of cruise days. For example, 18 days gets you 5 excursions for the two folks in the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the April 27, 2016 Sirena cruise and booked way back when. Even tho it says Included is the O Life, if we want it because of our pricing when we first booked, we have to pay $400 pp more. We are showing "5" free tours per person.

I get pre paid gratuities anyway because of being a Gold level w/O, but my daughter has never sailed them so the free gratuities would be worth it for her. Don't know about the benefit for me. Still doing research on the O life benefits.

What is the gratuity now anyway?

I get pre paid gratuities anyway because of being a Gold level w/O, but my daughter has never sailed them so the free gratuities would be worth it for her. Don't know about the benefit for me. Still doing research on the O life benefits.

Are you sharing a cabin with your DD?

I think both will get the PPG from your Gold level benefit ..someone will correct me if wrong