OLife Excursions

TERRIER1

My TA is looking into this for me. If I decide to take it, I have been told it will cost $300.00 per person more, which may work out well for me. Does she give a new booking number and I delete the old one off the website so I can book the excursions?

Thanks for any help, Virginia

My TA is looking into this for me. If I decide to take it, I have been told it will cost $300.00 per person more, which may work out well for me. Does she give a new booking number and I delete the old one off the website so I can book the excursions?

Thanks for any help, Virginia

No - the booking number remains the same.

After the O Life has been added with the new price, you can book your excursions online.

Question: If I cancel my booking with a TA to re book with another does the commission get transferred over. Having an issue with TA and was told I could cancel my booking, wondering whether another agent would have any commission/advantage to taking my booking.

Question: If I cancel my booking with a TA to re book with another does the commission get transferred over. Having an issue with TA and was told I could cancel my booking, wondering whether another agent would have any commission/advantage to taking my booking.

I am not an expert on this - only what I remember from reading on these boards.

IIRC, if the transfer occurs after a certain time (1 month? after booking), the new agent will get no or little commission on that booking.

Others will correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Paul

I am at a standoff with my TAgent regarding the OLife.

He initially gave me $600.OBC + $200.by O.= total 800.

Now that I am interested in OLife he practically brushed me off saying his deal is better. Should I expect to loose my OBC's because I want him to switch to OLife? How would you handle.

*I usually don't sweat the small stuff but our CDN dollar is awful so every penny counts

In my opinion your TA should NOT brush you off because you want to use the Olife benefits. Given the price for regular tours, your $800 OBC wouldn't go far for two people on tours. So why can't you just stress more that you really want the switch.

If he brushes you off again, I wouldn't use him in the future, that's for sure. He's there to assist you in what YOU want to do.

You shouldn't lose O's $200 OBC in any case, just HIS.

Mura

Thanks Paul

I am at a standoff with my TAgent regarding the OLife.

He initially gave me $600.OBC + $200.by O.= total 800.

Now that I am interested in OLife he practically brushed me off saying his deal is better. Should I expect to loose my OBC's because I want him to switch to OLife? How would you handle.

*I usually don't sweat the small stuff but our CDN dollar is awful so every penny counts

I am not sure why you would loose any of your OBC but I do not know this for certain (depends on where the $400 that the TA is giving came from). You are willing to pay the extra cruise fare that O Life will cost you, so I don't see how it should effect your OBC.

How much you get out of the O Life depends on how many tours you get and at what price you get them.

Someone posted here that they paid $600 for O Life and booked tours for $660 - minimal gain on that (but they also got PPG and internet).

On one of my cruises I booked free excursions that were twice the amount of the money I paid for O life (+free internet @ about $400 + my full OBC for PPG) - thus my O life was very much worth it and more than $400 OBC that your TA is giving you.

Do the math - see what excursions you would book + internet +OBC for PPG and then see how it compares to what you are getting now (+ what you would have to pay for O Life as this varies also).

Each case is a bit different.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Paulchili

I am just guessing here

If you are not in the penalty stage of the booking

if you cancel you should get a refund of your deposit & you will lose the cabin you have presently booked with any perks that came with that booking

your TA will get no commission because you no longer have a booking with them

You can then book with another TA of your choice without issue

If you transfer the current booking to another TA (your TA has to sign off on it) then the new TA will get nothing & may give no extra perks in return for your booking

I do not understand the reluctance of your TA to not add the Olife package to your booking unless it has something to do with their commission structure

If they are not the owner of the company then go above them & ask for the new package

Another option might be to ask Oceania to take over the booking as you are not happy with the TA & the problem you are having getting the service you want

JMO

Paul

I've done a quick calculation and it seems that OLife would be an okay deal.

If my initial OBC, offered by TA remains in place, it would be great. Time to send him an email. Thanks

Edited by canuck.qc

• 4 weeks later...
We are doing the TA to Lisbon next May for 14 nights. For a $600 upgrade fee we are getting 5 shore excursions pp (as well as free internet and ppg). The shore excursions we picked are ones that we probably would have chosen without the promo. The total cost of these came to $1550 and our charge was $0. Very happy about this so far.

Hi! We just put a hold on a cabin for this cruise using the "O" promo. I'm unable to see which excursions are included in this. Any ideas? Can it be because we haven't put a deposit down yet that we can't get the list? I can see OC and OE excursions but no prices and no other selections. Hope we see you in May! C

We are doing the TA to Lisbon next May for 14 nights. For a $600 upgrade fee we are getting 5 shore excursions pp (as well as free internet and ppg). The shore excursions we picked are ones that we probably would have chosen without the promo. The total cost of these came to $1550 and our charge was $0. Very happy about this so far.

Weird! Yours and other posts talk about an extra charge for O Life. We recently booked on board for SF to NY Panama Canal (18 days) at the end of August 2016. This and all summer 2016 cruises supposedly included O Life with no upcharge (other than the fare for most cabins had already gone up $100 on July 1). I had the pre 7/1/15 brochure and the post 7/1/15 brochures in hand. So, we're getting 5 excursions, tips and internet. Again: pre 7/1 no O Life and post 7/1 O Life at only $100 price increase (no opting out of O Life either).

Didn't affect added TA OBC either.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Weird! Yours and other posts talk about an extra charge for O Life. We recently booked on board for SF to NY Panama Canal (18 days) at the end of August 2016. This and all summer 2016 cruises supposedly included O Life with no upcharge (other than the fare for most cabins had already gone up $100 on July 1). I had the pre 7/1/15 brochure and the post 7/1/15 brochures in hand. So, we're getting 5 excursions, tips and internet. Again: pre 7/1 no O Life and post 7/1 O Life at only $100 price increase (no opting out of O Life either).

I thought O life was just 2016 Europe, Canada/ New England and Alaska. Did I miss an announcement expanding O life itineraries?

I thought O life was just 2016 Europe, Canada/ New England and Alaska. Did I miss an announcement expanding O life itineraries?

That is what I thought but I guess they have the Panama trip included :confused:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Caribbean-cruises/san-francisco-to-new-york-REG160831/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%2F%23sailDates%3D2016|08%23destinations%3Dcaribbean

Hi! We just put a hold on a cabin for this cruise using the "O" promo. I'm unable to see which excursions are included in this. Any ideas? Can it be because we haven't put a deposit down yet that we can't get the list? I can see OC and OE excursions but no prices and no other selections. Hope we see you in May! C

I just tried to see the same excursion info that we used to book ours but as you say just the info is there... no prices. But everything except the OE and OC are included. I guess you have to book it first. Or maybe they've just quit pricing them so that people would stop just booking the most expensive tours. If you go to "Find a Shore Excursion" and then go to Mediterranean cruised and pick one of the ports on our cruise, you can then go to find cruised that stop here and ours comes up there. Sorry to be so long winded and hope I've explained it a bit. Looking forward to seeing you in May also.

We had this cruise booked almost a year ago and the priced have gone up since then.. so I guess the prices you got were already increased to include the extra $300. I could be wrong but I assume that this is why you didn't find a difference in the pricing.

Once you get a booking number after your deposit goes through then log into Oceania's website & add your cruise to BOOKED CRUISES

in our experience

Excursions prices are shown once you are logged in to your account under the list for your cruise the prices are listed then

Some might be showing when you click on the port info when looking at specific sailings

I am guessing that those tours without any added designation (FW OC OE CD or ALare part of the O Life promo

Edited by LHT28

Just rechecked paper brochure we received onboard Riviera early July. Quote:

Book a Category B or above and receive: O Life Advantage.... *Valid on all Summer 2016 sailings booked by September 30, 2015.

Once you get a booking number after your deposit goes through then log into Oceania's website & add your cruise to BOOKED CRUISES

in our experience

Excursions prices are shown one you are logged in to your account under the list for your cruise the prices are listed then

All you need to do is call O and ask for a pdf copy of that cruises' excursions to be e-mailed to you. That pdf will have the prices.

All you need to do is call O and ask for a pdf copy of that cruises' excursions to be e-mailed to you. That pdf will have the prices.

but some people like to look online ;)

Options are always good

YMMV

We had this cruise booked almost a year ago and the priced have gone up since then.. so I guess the prices you got were already increased to include the extra $300. I could be wrong but I assume that this is why you didn't find a difference in the pricing.

No. For B cabins price was/is $100 more than it was when it first appeared on the market. See my other post this morning (with the quote about included O Advantage on all summer 2016 cruises for B and above. Since this was widely publicized onboard when it was first announced, I assume it's not just for American passengers.

The announcement was a little confusing

The OLife Advantage program extends to all spring, summer and fall 2016 voyages in Europe, Alaska and Canada/New England. To qualify for the complimentary shore excursions, free unlimited internet and pre-paid gratuities, guests must book a veranda stateroom category or above before

Sept. 30, 2015.

The summer 2016 collection also includes the highly anticipated maiden season for Sirena, the newest addition to the Oceania Cruises fleet. The expanded six-ship fleet provides Oceania Cruises even greater flexibility to create an unprecedented number of new itineraries for the upcoming season, offering a perfect fusion of classic and off-the-beaten-path ports. The summer 2016 itineraries, all available for the OLife Advantage program, will capture the imagination of even the most seasoned traveler.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2015/Oceania+Cruises+Announces+New+%27OLife+Advantage%27+Early+Booking+Initiative/