Now that the BBB is in place,

Lois R

Would most folks say there is no good reason to book a cruise while

on board a cruise anymore?.

I have usually booked something while on board (lower deposit, obc,

etc) but was just curious about those things now....is that lower

deposit still in place if you book something while you are on a cruise?

Does the BBB now override anything else that was previously offered?

Would most folks say there is no good reason to book a cruise while

on board a cruise anymore?.

I have usually booked something while on board (lower deposit, obc,

etc) but was just curious about those things now....is that lower

deposit still in place if you book something while you are on a cruise?

Does the BBB now override anything else that was previously offered?

I was wondering the same thing. We have upcoming cruises and I would like to see if anyone can answer your questions before we go on our next cruise.

Hi Lois! At this point, most likely no one knows what the perks are for booking on board since the BBB started. I am sure that when you get on board, the future cruise rep can give you the current details. It seems to me that they will try to keep some sort of incentive for booking on board, unless they're looking to eliminate their on board sales staff in a cost cutting move!!:eek::eek:

We were on the 27th June Eclipse Iceland and Norway cruise. Our first trip on her after her recent refit. I say refit but the most noticeable thing really was the lack of change. In summary the things we noticed were:

The left hand end of the Quasar nightclub has been cut off and turned into a much larger and appealing future cruise office than the previous one. Quasar is now a but still a good size and was the busiest we've seen it.

ee1e54d0b9b8696592fae2ff9242c910.jpg

7d79cd971a350d80740bd0838cd2bb7d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Lois! At this point, most likely no one knows what the perks are for booking on board since the BBB started. I am sure that when you get on board, the future cruise rep can give you the current details. It seems to me that they will try to keep some sort of incentive for booking on board, unless they're looking to eliminate their on board sales staff in a cost cutting move!!:eek::eek:

Not likely since they've just invested in moving it on the Eclipse.

Although lots of the recent changes don't seem to be well thought as to future consequences. :o

Thanks for the replies:)......I guess I didn't see that in her "live chat"....

so they really don't know what they are going to do?:eek::rolleyes::confused:

That's a very good question Lois. Sadly, since Ms LLP did not have a specific answer, last week -- we'll probably just have to wait and see. If it turns out that they can't offer anything more than what's included in the new B-3 pricing scheme, I think the FCO's are going to be up in arms, over this! :eek:

Back in the day, RC's Crown & Anchor loyalty program offered OBC for booking with the C&A rep onboard. Originally, that was combine-able with OBC from RCCL Stock, and other perks, like the Diamond Balcony discount. Then, RC changed its position to: one one perk only -- nothing combine-able. Well, folks started avoiding the C&A booking rep, like the plague! Those of us who where D/D+ certainly weren't going to give up our valuable Diamond Balcony discount for a little OBC! When RC realized that these valuable on-board marketing assets were virtually sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, they did backed off their hard-line policy a bit. The last I heard, the C&A on-board booking OBC was again combine-able, with at least one other benefit. :cool:

Hopefully, those in the position to make policy at X will quickly realize that people are taking their precious vacation time to book another cruise onboard. If the FCO's can't offer them any more incentive than they could get by booking at home -- there won't be any more long lines outside the Future Cruises desk! :rolleyes:

That's a very good question Lois. Sadly, since Ms LLP did not have a specific answer, last week -- we'll probably just have to wait and see. If it turns out that they can't offer anything more than what's included in the new B-3 pricing scheme, I think the FCO's are going to be up in arms, over this! :eek:

Back in the day, RC's Crown & Anchor loyalty program offered OBC for booking with the C&A rep onboard. Originally, that was combine-able with OBC from RCCL Stock, and other perks, like the Diamond Balcony discount. Then, RC changed its position to: one one perk only -- nothing combine-able. Well, folks started avoiding the C&A booking rep, like the plague! Those of us who where D/D+ certainly weren't going to give up our valuable Diamond Balcony discount for a little OBC! When RC realized that these valuable on-board marketing assets were virtually sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, they did backed off their hard-line policy a bit. The last I heard, the C&A on-board booking OBC was again combine-able, with at least one other benefit. :cool:

Hopefully, those in the position to make policy at X will quickly realize that people are taking their precious vacation time to book another cruise onboard. If the FCO's can't offer them any more incentive than they could get by booking at home -- there won't be any more long lines outside the Future Cruises desk! :rolleyes:

And they would be losing a large, captive audience.

By the time some of these people get home (not we addicted people ;) ) they will have other things on their mind and the bills from the last cruise to pay.

And they would be losing a large, captive audience.

By the time some of these people get home (not we addicted people ;) ) they will have other things on their mind and the bills from the last cruise to pay.

Very true, Karen! And, there's always that possibility that -- from the comfort of your easy chair at home -- your fingers might actually wander over to another cruiseline's website! :eek:;)

Ms. Lutoff-Perlo said , in her live-from, that that was a good question and she would get back with the answer.

Still waiting............ :rolleyes:

Wow. Just. Wow. Failing to have a better answer for such an obvious question makes it appear the real question might be they're waiting to see how low they can go on enticements without significantly reducing onboard bookings. Or possibly even if fewer onboard bookings really effects the overall profit generated by bookings from all sources.

Has anybody on current cruises reported yet on what they're being offered for booking future cruises onboard?

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

We booked onboard and received more OBC then is now mentioned, along with the upgrade and big 3! It took 10 minutes!

Just clarifying -

You booked on board NOW when the BBB is in place and you received extra OBC for doing that?

Just clarifying -

You booked on board NOW when the BBB is in place and you received extra OBC for doing that?

We booked onboard the beginning of July and received $150 additional OBC, after the initial OBC. We were told that a new offer was coming, but that we would have more OBC than the new offers that were forthcoming. I hope that clarifies my answer. That is why we booked onboard. Looking at the BBB, we are extremely happy we booked onboard and will continue until something better comes along. Our total OBC is $800 including our TA's. Hope this helps...

It seems like Celebrity has been giving extra OBC, but when the cruise begins some of it is no where to be found. This happened on our past cruise. Celebrity said our OBC from them was $200 less, but we had our paperwork. It took until the last day to post, even though it was in writing. it had to be approved in Miami and we were in the Med.

Edited by Lastdance

We booked onboard the beginning of July and received $150 additional OBC, after the initial OBC. We were told that a new offer was coming, but that we would have more OBC than the new offers that were forthcoming. I hope that clarifies my answer. That is why we booked onboard. Looking at the BBB, we are extremely happy we booked onboard and will continue until something better comes along. Our total OBC is $800 including our TA's. Hope this helps...

It seems like Celebrity has been giving extra OBC, but when the cruise begins some of it is no where to be found. This happened on our past cruise. Celebrity said our OBC from them was $200 less, but we had our paperwork. It took until the last day to post, even though it was in writing. it had to be approved in Miami and we were in the Med.

the OP's question was about what happens NOW, when BBB is in effect.

You booked BEFORE it took effect.

So, still waiting to hear what happens now............

the OP's question was about what happens NOW, when BBB is in effect.

You booked BEFORE it took effect.

So, still waiting to hear what happens now............

Yep -- we need a report from someone who has booked onboard, since July 6th (when BBB took effect). :cool:

I missed the BBB announcement. I had to go look it up.

I love how the header says "Prepaid Tips" but then when you click on the header, it starts with "free tips".

How on earth does prepaid tips qualify as a perk?

Glad I booked under 123GO.

I would think there would be an onboard booking bonus (just like with 123GO).

I missed the BBB announcement. I had to go look it up.

I love how the header says "Prepaid Tips" but then when you click on the header, it starts with "free tips".

How on earth does prepaid tips qualify as a perk?

Glad I booked under 123GO.

I would think there would be an onboard booking bonus (just like with 123GO).

I'm not sure I understand your question. Prepaid tips qualifies as a perk because it is something off your bill that you would then not have to pay while on board. Did you mean something else?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Prepaid tips qualifies as a perk because it is something off your bill that you would then not have to pay while on board. Did you mean something else?

Prepaid by the cruise line?

Unless i'm reading it wrong it's pay PRICE 1 or PAY PRICE 2 or PAY PRICE 3. Price two includes your gratuities. So there is no "deal" or "perk". If I pre-pay my gratuities then there is no perk from Celebrity; they are just giving me a pricing option which includes the prepaid tips.

A perk to me is getting something for free. Such as free bev package if you book. If the cost for booking during the promo period is marked up by the exact cost of the bev package = no perk. I may as well save now and pay later. But if the cost of booking now includes some degree of a freebee (either the bev package is included at no extra cost or is marked down) - then there is some perceived value or perk.

I just don't get how the can equate prepaid tips to free tips. It's not the same thing. Back to the "free tips". If, for argument's sake, say tips are $10.00 per person per day. Tips for two would be $140.00 If the cruise fare is marked up by $140 for PRICE 2 - then there is no perk. But if the cruise fair is marked up by $70, then there is a $70 perk (you are getting something for free).

I just checked this pricing on the website

Ocean View cruise fares per person starting from

$1,649* $1,829* $2,189*

The difference between price 1 and price 2 is $180 which is probably the exact amount of the tips. So, where is the perk if I am paying extra for them. What is the difference between that and prepaid gratuities:confused:?

Unless i'm reading it wrong it's pay PRICE 1 or PAY PRICE 2 or PAY PRICE 3. Price two includes your gratuities. So there is no "deal" or "perk". If I pre-pay my gratuities then there is no perk from Celebrity; they are just giving me a pricing option which includes the prepaid tips.

A perk to me is getting something for free. Such as free bev package if you book. If the cost for booking during the promo period is marked up by the exact cost of the bev package = no perk. I may as well save now and pay later. But if the cost of booking now includes some degree of a freebee (either the bev package is included at no extra cost or is marked down) - then there is some perceived value or perk.

I just don't get how the can equate prepaid tips to free tips. It's not the same thing. Back to the "free tips". If, for argument's sake, say tips are $10.00 per person per day. Tips for two would be $140.00 If the cruise fare is marked up by $140 for PRICE 2 - then there is no perk. But if the cruise fair is marked up by $70, then there is a $70 perk (you are getting something for free).

I just checked this pricing on the website

Ocean View cruise fares per person starting from

$1,649* $1,829* $2,189*

The difference between price 1 and price 2 is $180 which is probably the exact amount of the tips. So, where is the perk if I am paying extra for them. What is the difference between that and prepaid gratuities:confused:?

I suggest to read the other thread about the bundle for the answers to your question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228625. Or ask additional questions.

Lois started this thread to gather information on the on board booking benefit with the new BBB.

I suggest to read the other thread about the bundle for the answers to your question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228625. Or ask additional questions.

Lois started this thread to gather information on the on board booking benefit with the new BBB.

Thanks:)......I guess the perk thing is what made all the other stuff

come up:eek:......but you are correct.....I really wanted to know if things

are going to change if you book a cruise while you are on a cruise.

Thanks:)......I guess the perk thing is what made all the other stuff

come up:eek:......but you are correct.....I really wanted to know if things

are going to change if you book a cruise while you are on a cruise.

Lois -- isn't it strange that the BBB has been in effect for a week now, and we have no reports from anyone who's booked onboard, since then? :confused: