Now that the BBB is in place,

Lois R

Can someone clue me in... what is BBB in reference to Celebrity Cruising?

There is more than one meaning for any contraction but, sometimes

BS Baffles Brains..... ;)

but if clarity is not in doubt,

As alluded to earlier in this thread - Big, Better, Best

Celebrity Cruises,

Is it possible for you to share with us the specifics? What are the OBC amounts for each category? For each length of cruise? For each destination? Presumably there's a brochure or something that the FCC staff refer to, can you please share it with us?

Celebrity Cruises,

Is it possible for you to share with us the specifics? What are the OBC amounts for each category? For each length of cruise? For each destination? Presumably there's a brochure or something that the FCC staff refer to, can you please share it with us?

Echo.......Echo......Echo.......would love this information too!!!

Hi there,

I think this could only be a misunderstanding as our teams are well trained to offer both options: either Instant OBC or OBC on future cruise based on guest's preference. We'll send a note to each ship to ensure both options are being presented to guests.

Thank you for your response.

I hate to burst your balloon, but there was no misunderstanding (at least not on my part). I well understand about booking future cruises, having done so many times in the past. I have 173 nights at sea with Celebrity and 49 more booked.

Not only did the FCC I spoke with insist that this was the new Celebrity policy (that you had to take the OBC on the current cruise), but also a different FCC that my sister spoke with said the same thing to her. So the FCCs on the Infinity in May were either clueless or maybe not interested in booking future cruises. Perhaps they slept through their training. If their aim was to tick off two frequent Celebrity cruisers, they succeeded.

Thank you for your response.

I hate to burst your balloon, but there was no misunderstanding (at least not on my part). I well understand about booking future cruises, having done so many times in the past. I have 173 nights at sea with Celebrity and 49 more booked.

Not only did the FCC I spoke with insist that this was the new Celebrity policy (that you had to take the OBC on the current cruise), but also a different FCC that my sister spoke with said the same thing to her. So the FCCs on the Infinity in May were either clueless or maybe not interested in booking future cruises. Perhaps they slept through their training. If their aim was to tick off two frequent Celebrity cruisers, they succeeded.

To Celebrity Cruises,

We were on the same sailing (Infinity May 2015) as Happy Cruiser 6143 and were told the exact same thing by the FCC on board. We ended up not booking a future cruise for the sole reason that we had no need for additional OBC on the current sailing - we wanted it on a future cruise. Friends traveling with us did book a future cruise, but, they, too were told they had to take the OBC on the current voyage and accepted the terms even though they also would have preferred it on the future sailing. I questioned this policy twice with the FCC, but he was firm in his response and even a little miffed at me for questioning a second time.

Edited by BEAV

I will echo Beav's sentiments to Celebrity Cruises.

I was on the same Infinity 5-15-15 sailing (the sister) and had the same inaccurate story about having to take the OBC on the current cruise. In trying to explain my previous experiences with booking on board, I was told in no uncertain terms that this was the policy - take it or leave it. Needless to say, many of us chose to "leave it". It was not a pleasant experience.

Edited by gimletgal

Beth, Linda, Beav, that was not right of the FCC to misinform you and not allow you to book with the OBC for the future cruise. The least the FCCs could have done was to take your cabin numbers, double-check with the head FCC and with headquarters, and then correct the problem later in the cruise with an apology. Now that the Celebrity Cruises rep has posted here there was a "misunderstanding" maybe Resolutions can help with a belated OBC for a future cruise?

We ran into a problem with an FCC misinforming us too. The FCC had the backing of the head FCC. We persisted until the end of the cruise and it turned out, we were right, and in the end, the FCC apologized to us and corrected the booking problem.

It is a good thing we are questioning and sharing issues and concerns on the Cruise Critic Celebrity board so that we can be "informed" when we book future cruises. With the introduction of BBB, the propensity for an FCC to be misinformed increases. It is a shame though that FCCs are not always well informed and that we have to look out for ourselves, defend ourselves, and be the ones who are more knowledgeable about booking future cruises and the benefits. Sometimes unfortunately we still lose out with no fault of our own when they refuse to listen and double check.

Great thread, Lois, that shows we can learn a lot by questioning and sharing.

Kathy

Good morning.....Celebrity, it seems as though the emloyee on INFINITY

is the one that does not understand the policy....all 3 passengers are

saying they were given the same (wrong) information. Someone from HQ

needs to re-train (or train) the FCC with the correct policies.

Kathy, glad the thread is helping.

Hi all,

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience onboard. We allow guests to choose if they want their onboard credit on their current cruise or for a future sailing.

We will make sure our teams onboard are up to date with the policy!

Have a great day!

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience onboard. We allow guests to choose if they want their onboard credit on their current cruise or for a future sailing.

Hi Celebrity... mny thx for your responses!

I'll be on the Summit on 9th September, and we are considering booking a future cruise. We would want the additional OBC to go towards the future cruise. If we get any push-back on this from the FCC on the ship at that time, is there any specific policy or reference from your office that we can point them back to so they would know the official Celebrity position? I'm guessing that many of the FCCs don't read these posts.

Thx in adv... --bruce T.

On our last two cruises...Nov and Jan..we visited Future Cruise reps and found NO incentive to book on board. The reps knew less abt the staterooms, ships & itins than we did. They did not have any better prices than the website, same Triple Perks...no big ship bd credit bonus..

One rep actually jumbled the numbers to make it seem we would save money with him, but he left off some of the charges & fees. When we pointed this out he was so arrogant and acted like we were taking up his valuable time.....When we left without booking, we felt we wasted OUR time.

We used to always enjoy booking a cruise on bd or at the very least purchasing a next cruise certif..Not anymore! More training needed, apparently!

I understand and totally agree with you! I was just trying to document the prior total "Cruise Now" package for comparison when we have all the details of the new offer.

BTW, here's the 8/14/14 announcement from the website of new "up to $500" instant OBC addition to Evergreen 123 Go:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/whats-new?event_date=2014-08-14&sequence_code=a

Also trying to attach as pdf, in case link doesn't work.

I've been off the board a bit, but we don't seem any closer to formal clarity do we?! Although this sounds close :-

Hello there,

OBC amounts are based on category, length of cruise and destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our last two cruises...Nov and Jan..we visited Future Cruise reps and found NO incentive to book on board. The reps knew less abt the staterooms, ships & itins than we did. They did not have any better prices than the website, same Triple Perks...no big ship bd credit bonus..

One rep actually jumbled the numbers to make it seem we would save money with him, but he left off some of the charges & fees. When we pointed this out he was so arrogant and acted like we were taking up his valuable time.....When we left without booking, we felt we wasted OUR time.

We used to always enjoy booking a cruise on bd or at the very least purchasing a next cruise certif..Not anymore! More training needed, apparently!

Booking on board you get additional OBC, upgrades, and reduced deposits. That's an incentive as far as I'm concerned. :)

Booking on board you get additional OBC, upgrades, and reduced deposits. That's an incentive as far as I'm concerned. :)

Yep that's enough to justify it for me!

The FCC knowledge and experience can be hit and miss. I've heard of some that are awesome but we've hit some that seem straight out or the training room. During our last booking we had to explain that cabins with a square/triangle on the deck plan sleep 4, but differ by sofa bed or Pullman option. She told us they only sleep a maximum of 3 and there are no 'pullman' berths on S class ships.

What the?! Just where did my 2nd child sleep on the precious 17 night cruise....on the verandah [emoji43][emoji33]

But we now just expect to walk in, book a cruise with on board perks, check the invoice is correct and then deal ongoing with our regular TA.

I think you nailed it -- X apparently has a training issue with it's FCC's. Incorrect information, inconsistent policies, and bad attitude are all indicators that everyone at X is NOT on the same page. :mad:

But, we've never been folks who ask the FCC which cruise we should book. On the occasions when we have booked onboard, I brought all my research about the ship, cabin, itinerary, and current prices. Then, it just comes down to what perks we get for booking onboard. :cool:

But, we've never been folks who ask the FCC which cruise we should book. On the occasions when we have booked onboard, I brought all my research about the ship, cabin, itinerary, and current prices. Then, it just comes down to what perks we get for booking onboard. :cool:

Same with us. We arrive knowing exactly what we want to book, often down to a specific stateroom.

We do too, but the last fellow had same price and perks, dp etc...for the cruise we already booked before we boarded...nothing extra...only flim flam to make it seem he was saving us money...no reason to go with his offer..

based on all the posts that say we'll do well with FCB, maybe we'll try again in January on bd Equinox....not sure if any new itins will be up by then.....

We do too, but the last fellow had same price and perks, dp etc...for the cruise we already booked before we boarded...nothing extra...only flim flam to make it seem he was saving us money...no reason to go with his offer..

based on all the posts that say we'll do well with FCB, maybe we'll try again in January on bd Equinox....not sure if any new itins will be up by then.....

Even if no new itins on offer, I still see it advantageous to secure the onboard perks and book 'a' cruise, and then swap it over when the new season comes out. The cheaper deposits make this so affordable to do...next cruise we are thinking of booking two 'placeholders' !!

Having the extra $200 OBC or so towards the future cruise then helps pay for our drink pkg upgrade or speciality restaurants.

Even if no new itins on offer, I still see it advantageous to secure the onboard perks and book 'a' cruise, and then swap it over when the new season comes out. The cheaper deposits make this so affordable to do...next cruise we are thinking of booking two 'placeholders' !!

Having the extra $200 OBC or so towards the future cruise then helps pay for our drink pkg upgrade or speciality restaurants.

As far as I know, we don't have written confirmation that new "Cruise Now" bookings will be able to retain onboard booking perks when transferred to different cruises.

I have had an issue with this in the past, even when transfers were officially allowed.

This is why I would like to see the official, detailed terms of onboard "Go! BBB" bookings before my cruise.

In my experience, it's really not wise to rely on verbal reassurances from the onboard Future Cruise Consultants.

As far as I know, we don't have written confirmation that new "Cruise Now" bookings will be able to retain onboard booking perks when transferred to different cruises.

I have had an issue with this in the past, even when transfers were officially allowed.

This is why I would like to see the official, detailed terms of onboard "Go! BBB" bookings before my cruise.

In my experience, it's really not wise to rely on verbal reassurances from the onboard Future Cruise Consultants.

Hmmm so you think the whole on board cruise program has changed? Even the rules around cruise now/cruise later? I thought the only part requiring clarity was the perks changing from 123go type to the working ageing the new GBBB bundles.

Why would the rules change about being able to change your booking and benefits carry across? So sounds like we are waiting on a whole new onboard future cruise program, not just changes to the existing one? [emoji45]

Hmmm so you think the whole on board cruise program has changed? Even the rules around cruise now/cruise later? I thought the only part requiring clarity was the perks changing from 123go type to the working ageing the new GBBB bundles.

Why would the rules change about being able to change your booking and benefits carry across? So sounds like we are waiting on a whole new onboard future cruise program, not just changes to the existing one? [emoji45]

I'm not saying everything has changed; we just don't know many details yet.

Clearly, the former "Evergreen 123 Go" onboard booking program would be incompatible with new Go!BBB rates.

Before booking onboard, I would like to clearly understand the rules.

I do expect we'll be able to move a "cruise now" booking to a different sailing, but I'd like to see written confirmation along with the rules.

Jane

Thanks. I understand what you are explaining ,Maybe this will be worth it for new bookings/next cruise credit ( for us last time, we were looking for a better deal on an already booked cruise)

if we get OBC for purchase of a next cruise voucher, we could then book the first level & select one of the other perks....hope to hear this works out with BBB....we have a long wait for our next cruise so it should be known by then....

I'm not saying everything has changed; we just don't know many details yet.

Clearly, the former "Evergreen 123 Go" onboard booking program would be incompatible with new Go!BBB rates.

Before booking onboard, I would like to clearly understand the rules.

I do expect we'll be able to move a "cruise now" booking to a different sailing, but I'd like to see written confirmation along with the rules.

Jane

Found a new flyer for Cruise Now/Later and refers to GBBB offer

As anticipated the bulk of the program remains unaltered, but you can now choose your GBBB bundle. As its year round it is is a slightly different than the earlier onboard benefit being able to secure the old 123Go perks even when not offered shoreside.

It still doesn't give further detail on how the up to $500OBC is applied, but I have no reason to think that has changed from the current sliding scale based on both cruise category and duration.

The discounted deposits and ability to change the booking continue to be listed as features of the program so still looks attractive to me.

d5736010ee30e2120ff78059c6bdfaac.jpg

93d53a4aacdeade69a7e3b0ea710fd16.jpg

Edited by QE2_Fan