Now that the BBB is in place,

Lois R

Well, I don't know about other ships, but I was aboard Eclipse on July 6 and they were still continuing to book under the 1-2-3 rules until the end of that cruise -- they were told not to change over to BBB mid cruise. Something similar might be in effect on the other ships.

That cruise on Eclipse just ended two days ago, so presumably new bookings would go under the BBB rules from then forward.

Lois -- isn't it strange that the BBB has been in effect for a week now, and we have no reports from anyone who's booked onboard, since then? :confused:

Well, maybe they are on their cruises;)...and not checking in here.....

or they will be home soon?......I don't always post on here when I am

on a cruise.

Well, maybe they are on their cruises;)...and not checking in here.....

or they will be home soon?......I don't always post on here when I am

on a cruise.

LOL, Lois -- you have more onboard posts than I do (which is none). I'm afraid that unlimited internet would be totally wasted on me! ;)

But, what Cruisestitch just posted makes a lot of sense. Usually not a good idea to change horses, in the middle of the stream. I'm sure we'll start getting reports, before long. :cool:

LOL, Lois -- you have more onboard posts than I do (which is none). I'm afraid that unlimited internet would be totally wasted on me! ;)

But, what Cruisestitch just posted makes a lot of sense. Usually not a good idea to change horses, in the middle of the stream. I'm sure we'll start getting reports, before long. :cool:

Suzanne, I really don't post while I am cruising.....when I was on

Solstice in May? The only time I went on line was to print my

boarding pass for my flight home.

Well, I don't know about other ships, but I was aboard Eclipse on July 6 and they were still continuing to book under the 1-2-3 rules until the end of that cruise -- they were told not to change over to BBB mid cruise. Something similar might be in effect on the other ships.

That cruise on Eclipse just ended two days ago, so presumably new bookings would go under the BBB rules from then forward.

That sounds logical (if you can believe it;))......lets see what the next

set of cruises brings.

It did make sense. People go in on the first few days of a cruise and get a price, it would be a huge mess if they went back to book the cruise a day or two later only to find that nothing they were quoted is still valid. I think that they only way they can introduce those new promotions is between cruises, on a ship by ship basis.

Celebrity can still offer one "perk" that was offered to us Jan 2015 to book on board. Besides the normal good price, plus 123 GO! offering, we were also given $125 OBC on our then current cruise to offset any charges acquired during the then current cruise.

Even with BBB in place now, CC could still offer some money to apply to the current cruise.

Would most folks say there is no good reason to book a cruise while

on board a cruise anymore?.

I have usually booked something while on board (lower deposit, obc,

etc) but was just curious about those things now....is that lower

deposit still in place if you book something while you are on a cruise?

Does the BBB now override anything else that was previously offered?

Hi all,

Our onboard program is better than ever!

Along with Go Bigger, Better, Best!, guests receive reduced deposits, upgrades and most importantly an additional OBC up to $500.

This amount up to $500 is an exclusive onboard benefit so guests won't get it anywhere else and it is combinable with GBBB.

To make it even more attractive we offer the option to choose this OBC amount to be spent on their current cruise or on the future cruise they are booking.

Finally, our staff can give the best recommendations on categories, location, best deals, and most popular cruises.

Hi all,

Along with Go Bigger, Better, Best!, guests receive reduced deposits, upgrades and most importantly an additional OBC up to $500.

This amount up to $500 is an exclusive onboard benefit so guests won't get it anywhere else and it is combinable with GBBB.

To make it even more attractive we offer the option to choose this OBC amount to be spent on their current cruise or on the future cruise they are booking.

Finally, our staff can give the best recommendations on categories, location, best deals, and most popular cruises.

Thank you for your response.

Just to let you know that the ships don't always pay attention to what Miami says. I was unable to book a future cruise on the Infinity in May because the FCCs INSISTED that the onboard booking credit be used on the current cruise rather than giving the option to use it currently or on the future cruise being booked.

Lois, sorry, I know this is a tad off topic, but I wanted the Celebrity Cruises person to see this. I too am curious to know how booking on board will work with the new program.

Linda

Just to let you know that the ships don't always pay attention to what Miami says. I was unable to book a future cruise on the Infinity in May because the FCCs INSISTED that the onboard booking credit be used on the current cruise rather than giving the option to use it currently or on the future cruise being booked.

Lois, sorry, I know this is a tad off topic, but I wanted the Celebrity Cruises person to see this. I too am curious to know how booking on board will work with the new program.

Linda

Hi Linda, no problem;)...your question was relating to the topic

for sure:D

Hi all,

Are the amount of obc's dependent upon cabin category? Is the

Upgrade 1 category as it has been in the past?

And are the FCC's aware of all these new events? As Linda just

mentioned, she tried to book something and it seems as if your

Future Cruise Consultant on her cruise didn't know the correct

information:eek::rolleyes:

But thank you for answering the original question.....so the new BBB is in effect when

booking a new cruise while on a cruise.....lets hope all the FCC's have all the correct

information and so it is all combinable.....I will be on Summit in November and will see

about booking something else while I am on board.....lets see how it goes.

Edited by Lois R

Hi all,

Thank you very much for this quick reply, considering how recently headquarters must have made this decision!

When can we expect Celebrity to release an official notice with details of this new on-board booking program spelled out?

We'll probably need to show it to our Future Cruise Consultants when booking in the near future.

We have experienced needing to "prove" Celebrity perks while on board -- most recently Suite Life perks.

Unless we have something really official-looking, it becomes an exercise in frustration involving them needing to "contact Miami".

I realize that it must take time to get new program details out to the many FCCs who are spread all around the world, so this is not intended as a complaint.

We set sail Aug 2nd, so I am selfishly hoping for full details before then.

Jane

Could we assume that the extra OBC would be on the similar sliding scale as was the existing onboard offer. I don't have the flyer to hand but it was a sliding scale based on cruise duration, not so much cabin category. Eg 1-5 days $150, 7-10 days $ 250, 11-15 days $350 and 16+ days $500. (Not actuals).

The deal sounds the same, you get extra OBC and reduced deposit by booking onboard, plus you get the current promotion, or now the GBBB bundle of choice [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the 'old' flyer when 123Go! Was in place, but also shows the OBC scale that I imagine would remain. It is actually based on BOTH cabin category AND Cruise duration.

Note: the up to $500 OBC is only for taking it on 'Cruise Now' option (booking an actual date). If you take 'Cruise Later' (paying deposit without a firm cruise date) option OBC was only (up to) $200.

1db36c370ac3c10be3f707c7cc24df9e.jpg

Edited by QE2_Fan

[ATTACH]356050[/ATTACH]

Could we assume that the extra OBC would be on the similar sliding scale as was the existing onboard offer. I don't have the flyer to hand but it was a sliding scale based on cruise duration, not so much cabin category. Eg 1-5 days $150, 7-10 days $ 250, 11-15 days $350 and 16+ days $500. (Not actuals).

The deal sounds the same, you get extra OBC and reduced deposit by booking onboard, plus you get the current promotion, or now the GBBB bundle of choice [emoji12]

With what we know so far, I don't think the overall deal sounds the same as what was previously offered.

We will be paying a higher (BBB) price for either the same number or fewer perks.

See attached pdfs of both sides of the flyer given to me aboard my 10/5/14 Summit cruise by FCC, Lisa. At the time, she told me it was considered the "Evergreen 123 Go" offer for booking a "Cruise Now" while on-board. My understanding is that the Evergreen 123 Go option was available on board even when 123 Go was not currently on offer.

Those Oct 2014 benefits seem richer to me than the newly announced "Go! BBB" offer, as far as I can tell:

In addition to the reduced deposit & extra OBC of up to $500 per cabin currently being offered, the 10/5/14 "Cruise Now" bookings also offered either 1 or 2 (for Europe) 123 Go Perks.

There was also a Suite Air offer for Alaska & Europe.

The new offer only includes the # of perks already included in whichever rate you select (Big, Better or Best).

The old offers were with booking the current rate. That doesn't seem the same as having to pay, at minimum, for the "Go! Big" rate which already is priced to include the 1 perk being offered.

I do note that one option is richer than before. The OBC perk under 123 go was per cabin and only $100 for 3-5 nights, $200 for 6-9 nights. For 10+ nights, it was equiv. to the new $150 PP at $300 per cabin.

It's still possible that the new offerings could be equivalent or better than the old. It will depend on what our official "Celebrity Cruises" rep meant by being offered "upgrades". I'll reserve judgement until the details and implementation are available for review.

Jane

5Oct14 Onboard Booking Evergreen perks Side 2.pdf

Evergreen 123 Go Side 1 Flyer from 5 Oct 2014.pdf

Edited by JaneStarr
Fixed attachments

[ATTACH]356050[/ATTACH]

The old offers were with booking the current rate. That doesn't seem the same as having to pay, at minimum, for the "Go! Big" rate which already is priced to include the 1 perk being offered.

I do note that one option is richer than before. The OBC perk under 123 go was per cabin and only $100 for 3-5 nights, $200 for 6-9 nights. For 10+ nights, it was equiv. to the new $150 PP at $300 per cabin.

Jane

Hi Jane!

Sorry didnt meant to confuse. I didnt refer to teh 123GO! perks as they are now irrelevant - replaced by the GBBB bundles. But the OBC for booking onboard was what the ==X== rep referred to as remaining - up to $500.

Again this is seperate to teh OBC available as a 123GO! perk - which remained as a $300 per cabin OBC.

The (up to) $500 OBC in my screenshot was the 'extra' credit you got when booking on board. I suspect the 'sliding scale' of how it is applied will remain current for the new on board offer.

But yes we will need to wait and hear of confirmation eventually from 'the source'!! The flyer I got was from Celebrity Media site - so they haven't even updated their own doco yet - they also have the Evergreen flyer you posted which I believe was the overall onboard offer regardless if the 123Go perks promotion that was running (or not) ashore. Again, from the 'PERK' side that will all be different know with the GBBB bundles in place.

Hi Jane!

Sorry didnt meant to confuse. I didnt refer to teh 123GO! perks as they are now irrelevant - replaced by the GBBB bundles. But the OBC for booking onboard was what the ==X== rep referred to as remaining - up to $500.

Again this is seperate to teh OBC available as a 123GO! perk - which remained as a $300 per cabin OBC.

The (up to) $500 OBC in my screenshot was the 'extra' credit you got when booking on board. I suspect the 'sliding scale' of how it is applied will remain current for the new on board offer.

But yes we will need to wait and hear of confirmation eventually from 'the source'!! The flyer I got was from Celebrity Media site - so they haven't even updated their own doco yet - they also have the Evergreen flyer you posted which I believe was the overall onboard offer regardless if the 123Go perks promotion that was running (or not) ashore. Again, from the 'PERK' side that will all be different know with the GBBB bundles in place.

I understand and totally agree with you! I was just trying to document the prior total "Cruise Now" package for comparison when we have all the details of the new offer.

BTW, here's the 8/14/14 announcement from the website of new "up to $500" instant OBC addition to Evergreen 123 Go:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/whats-new?event_date=2014-08-14&sequence_code=a

Also trying to attach as pdf, in case link doesn't work.

14 Aug 2014 Evergreen Offer with OBC.pdf

Edited by JaneStarr

What are the latest perks for booking onboard with the new Big Bigger Best program?

This is being discussed on another thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233320

Check out post # 33 from "Celebrity Cruises" for the official answer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47122998&postcount=33

We are awaiting more details and actual cruiser experiences.

Jane

PS I got interrupted while composing my reply and didn't see cruisestitch had already linked to the other thread. Great minds....

Edited by JaneStarr

Hi there,

I think this could only be a misunderstanding as our teams are well trained to offer both options: either Instant OBC or OBC on future cruise based on guest's preference. We'll send a note to each ship to ensure both options are being presented to guests.

Are the amount of obc's dependent upon cabin category?

Hello there,

OBC amounts are based on category, length of cruise and destination.

Is the

Upgrade 1 category as it has been in the past?

Yes, one category upgrade for Captain's Club members.