Diamond plus - Concierge Lounge

Yes Radiance has both CL & DL. If you're D+ you can access both.

Of all the ships I think Radiance class has the best set up. Diamond lounge in part of Viking Crown lounge with great views over ship and Concierge lounge with a side view and an outside seating area :)

I like the idea of a separate lounge for suite guests. If you are in a suite, you don't have to mix with the rough diamonds who travel steerage and can still lord it with the polished diamonds who are kindred suite travellers!

The odd pinnacle will still be allowed in to regale us with their stories of their years on the high seas which is always fun.

Rough diamonds still get their own room closer to their cabins down on deck 4. Why would they need or deserve a view? As long as the free drinks are flowing they won't mind........

Now for those of you fuming at this point and firing up the flame thrower this is a tongue in cheek post......but you can bet discussions very like this have taken place at at RCI. Why else would they be contemplating such changes....

What the he'll are they thinking......?

You're right, just checked the deck plans for Harmony. That stinks - the Oasis/Allure setup is so much nicer.

You are right. Don't like the Harmony planned location without windows, indeed the Oasis and Allure set up is better.

When we last cruised on the Allure a couple of years ago, we enjoyed the large concierge/D+ room? overlooking the Boardwalk area. We were able to order breakfast and lunch in that room. Has that facility disappeared now?

You are right. Don't like the Harmony planned location without windows, indeed the Oasis and Allure set up is better.

I'm sure it encourages people to use the vouchers rather than occupying the lounge. If they make it too nice, everyone will want to go there.

When we last cruised on the Allure a couple of years ago, we enjoyed the large concierge/D+ room? overlooking the Boardwalk area. We were able to order breakfast and lunch in that room. Has that facility disappeared now?

Also, no more made to order breakfast and lunch in that venue.

I'm sure it encourages people to use the vouchers rather than occupying the lounge. If they make it too nice, everyone will want to go there.

We used to enjoy the lounge during the day, enjoying the wonderful view.

Not at night as that was always too busy.

Edited by celly

Over the next couple of years, expect the CL's to be eliminated and replaced by Suite Lounges. D+ will be sent to small room without windows called the DL.

Exactly. RCL is moving to provide a more exclusive Suite package and this starts with moving the D+ out of the CL. The easiest way is to just rename the existing DLs into Suite only lounges.

Thanks to those who responded to my question about the previously D+ lounge on the Allure. If this has now become the diamond lounge, I wonder why a Crown and Anchor Diamond member would have any incentive to become D+. It's hard to see the added benefits of having between 175 and 699 points as opposed to having only 80 - 174. Am I missing something here?

Thanks to those who responded to my question about the previously D+ lounge on the Allure. If this has now become the diamond lounge, I wonder why a Crown and Anchor Diamond member would have any incentive to become D+. It's hard to see the added benefits of having between 175 and 699 points as opposed to having only 80 - 174. Am I missing something here?

There are still ships with CLs, so the benefit is still there on those ships. It just seems that going forward, it'll be Diamond Lounge for D and D+, Suite Lounge for the gold card holders.

No big deal for me personally, same drinks in both which is what I like. It's just a more passive aggressive way of doing what they did years ago when they uninvited Diamond members from the CL.

You still have a lounge on Allure, and a very nice one at that. In fact, Diamond and Diamond Plus will have a lounge on every ship except Jewel who will get enhanced next April. Majesty does her own thing I'm told.:D

You get 3 drinks added to your SeaPass Card to be used during designated hours in the evening.

Your balcony discount increases as you get to Diamond Plus.

You get a special amenity when you reach D+ which could add up to 3 per cruise as your points increase: 1 amenity for 175 points, 2 amenities for 350 points and 3 amenities for 525 points. C&A just has to get the lists up and working.:D

At 340 points you are eligible for Meal with An Officer while on board.

You get the BOGO for Specialty Restaurants to be use on the first or second night of your cruise.

Just take a look at the C&A page on the RCI website for a more complete listing of benefits.

My husband says the same thing all the time! We are 3 nights from Diamond Plus, with a cruise booked in Feb 2016. So I booked a 3 nighter this fall on Enchantment just to be Diamond Plus. Of course, I will have fun, but I also cannot find the benefit at all other than my personal prediction that the 3 drinks are the future.

We have friends that travel with us working on Diamond status and they are looking forward to the Diamond Lounge. But unfortunately, if Diamonds and Diamonds plus are allowed in the Diamond Lounge, it will be way too crowded. My prediction is that as the numbers of Diamonds rise, the Diamonds will only get the 3 drinks with no lounge access. This will free up the Diamond Lounge for the Diamond Pluses and the suite guests will have their own lounge.

KKMurphy2, I agree completely. Whenever D+ and diamonds have been allocated the same lounge for their evening drinks for logistical reasons, the place has always been heaving and we have struggled to attract a waiter's attention. I enjoy a more intimate place for our social event where the waiters know what you want before you order it and where it is easier to develop relationships with fellow cruisers and also the staff. Let's hope that RCL can accommodate all Crown and Anchor members in a way that doesn't diminish the experience. I'll drink to that!

You still have a lounge on Allure, and a very nice one at that. In fact, Diamond and Diamond Plus will have a lounge on every ship except Jewel who will get enhanced next April. Majesty does her own thing I'm told.:D

You get 3 drinks added to your SeaPass Card to be used during designated hours in the evening.

Your balcony discount increases as you get to Diamond Plus.

You get a special amenity when you reach D+ which could add up to 3 per cruise as your points increase: 1 amenity for 175 points, 2 amenities for 350 points and 3 amenities for 525 points. C&A just has to get the lists up and working.:D

At 340 points you are eligible for Meal with An Officer while on board.

You get the BOGO for Specialty Restaurants to be use on the first or second night of your cruise.

Just take a look at the C&A page on the RCI website for a more complete listing of benefits.

We still think there are plenty of benefits with being D+ over D:

Better balcony discount

Access to Concierge Lounge on all ships except Oasis class

D+ amenity - we choose a bottle of wine

Invitation to a Bridge/Backstage/Galley tour

Reserved seating at shows

Chance of an upgrade (we've been upgraded twice since we reached D+)

A couple of the benefits are not as good as they sound in our opinion:

Meal with an officer is a lunchtime affair and often not with senior officers. Not that it matters to us but some people may read it as a meal at Captain's table or similar - which it definitely isn't

BOGO speciality restaurant on first two nights has been devalued as all the ships now seem to offer big discounts on the first two nights - a better benefit would be for any night of the cruise.

Edited by Bobal

A couple of the benefits are not as good as they sound in our opinion:

Meal with an officer is a lunchtime affair and often not with senior officers. Not that it matters to us but some people may read it as a meal at Captain's table or similar - which it definitely isn't

BOGO speciality restaurant on first two nights has been devalued as all the ships now seem to offer big discounts on the first two nights - a better benefit would be for any night of the cruise.

Our experience has been that the time Meal with an Officer is held depends on the ship. On Liberty last month we had a wonderful breakfast. We've also had lunch on some ships and dinner on others.

Edited by cruisenfever

Our experience has been that the time Meal with an Officer is held depends on the ship. On Liberty last month we had a wonderful breakfast. We've also had lunch on some ships and dinner on others.

Captain was at a dinner for suite people last year on Naviagtor and also lunch this year same ship, dinner was great lunch was just ok

I'm not sure there is any real benefit in pursuing C&A status In and of itself. It's, considering the cost, a terrible investment.

As for myself, C&A status just happens to come along with something I enjoy. I'd probably still be on Royal even if they did not have their club.

That being said, I really enjoy the D+ benefit of the bridge tour.

I think what Grady means is, adding a "Suites-Lounge" is Royal Caribbean's subtle way of kicking Diamond Pluses out of the Concierge Lounge.

We got pushed out of the lounge when we were Diamond and now as Diamond+ looks like we are heading the same way. One cruise left with the company and definitely not aspiring to a higher level. There are to many other companies to chose from who offer booking benefits. The old carrot on a stick is getting very tiring both with royal and celebrity cruises. A deceiving act in my opinion.