Dear Mr. Sheehan

rwslv

We personally do not care who is the CEO......as long as NCL delivers a product that we are happy with (their suite perks are the best!) at a price that we are happy with, we will continue to cruise NCL. We are set through February 2017 with 4 cruises in the pipeline starting next January. If the price drops on our favorite suite in the next month or so we may try to sneak in a cruise this year.

Guess we're not part of "everyone". And IIRC some cc'ers were none too thrilled when Kevin Sheehan started instituting changes shortly after he became CEO.

I was ticked off when he raised the price of UBP right before my booked cruise last year. Glad he's gone.

Sigh..:o..when alcohol causes you anger, it is best to become friends with Bill. ;)

We don't know if any of the recent changes were going to be put into place when KS was still CEO. It's also not only one person's decision. We also don't know exactly why he left.

Well, actually some of us do know why (not that it is something we can/will talk about), but that aside...he may have just grown tired of all of the CC people who treated his email address as though it was the front-line complaint desk. :rolleyes:

Personally I hope he is enjoying some well deserved family time and enjoying being with them and not in Miami.

Agree With him having to be in Miami for work and family living in New York city since losing their home on Long Island during Hurricane Sandy, I hope that he is getting lots of quality family time. Well Earned Sir

Sigh..:o..when alcohol causes you anger, it is best to become friends with Bill. ;)

That was 100% sarcasm to make a point that some price increases occurred under the prior leadership as well. I still bought it twice after that, and booked 2 more cruises. That pretty much lets you know how much of a sh** I really gave.

That was 100% sarcasm to make a point that some price increases occurred under the prior leadership as well. I still bought it twice after that, and booked 2 more cruises. That pretty much lets you know how much of a sh** I really gave.

Sorry...you know it is hard to judge tone on a forum. While it may have been intended to be 100% sarcasm, the way I read it, it came across as 100% bitterness. Again...my bad for not understanding. Perhaps using the sarcasm smiley ":rolleyes:" would help to make it clearer for everyone.

Kind of like the way I used the "wink" smiley at the end of my post...

Personally I hope he is enjoying some well deserved family time and enjoying being with them and not in Miami.

Agreed - I hope he's enjoying his retirement to the fullest!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Sorry...you know it is hard to judge tone on a forum. While it may have been intended to be 100% sarcasm, the way I read it, it came across as 100% bitterness. Again...my bad for not understanding. Perhaps using the sarcasm smiley ":rolleyes:" would help to make it clearer for everyone.

Unfortunately, I can't use the eyeroll around the world - takes up too much space...[emoji52]

That's okay. I just need a drink. [emoji39]

That's okay. I just need a drink. [emoji39]

Well considering that alot complimentary service /items cuts and overall price hikes happen on Sheehan watch while Del Rio mostly raising prices in DSC/tips, room service and changing restaurant pricing - I can see where one would need drink.[emoji57] (I'm joking, well regarding the drinking part but everything else is true)

Please come home. Your cruise family misses you a lot!

Sincerely,

Everyone

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's quite a naive and bold statement. A lot of the changes you are seeing now are holdovers from KS rein.

As nice as he appeared to be. He is known as a wolf in Sheep's clothing.

His time with Apollo Mgt, and Cendant mortgage is legend. This is documented fact. He was brought into NCL to turn it around and chair the new builds to contract. And that he did.

But a reputation preceded him as a take no prisoners leader.

I kind of feel silly telling you this, because I'm sure you already know these facts.

NCL is a corporation. A corporation is about one thing only, stock value of the company. And at this moment, the stock holders of NCL are as happy as a pig in slop. NCL stock prices have near doubled since the changing of the guard.

NCL is a corporation. A corporation is about one thing only, stock value of the company. And at this moment, the stock holders of NCL are as happy as a pig in slop. NCL stock prices have near doubled since the changing of the guard.

That's where Sheehan went wrong. Railroading NCL to be publicly traded on the stock market where the investors are who the cruise line caters to, not the customers. Now it's all about profits and bottom lines. Yes, they needed some investment help to expand but if they made smart choices along the way and re-financed junk loans on Epic then they would have been fine. Instead they had to go ambitiously crazy with building. For what purpose? The Caribbean is saturated and by the time NCL gets to Asia they're going to have so much competition already there that there's no point in entering that market.

In general, Sheehan did not do NCL any favors by getting the company publicly traded and buying Prestige did not help either. They had a separate cruise line name... Orient Lines and got rid of it! Just the moves NCL made under Sheehan were mind-boggling AND costly so it's no wonder they're squeezing NCLers for every penny they can!

thought Del rio took over in Jan?

ncl stock is up about 20% since the beginning of this year, and is near it's 52week high.

next earnings report is july 27. (10days)

lets see if the bottom line got better with del rio's strategy of giving away udp/ubp and keeping cabin rates high.

- I predict it will based on the lack of big price drops as the departure dates near

Edited by fstuff1

The stock had hit bottom of about $30 on Oct. 14th. Also, that day the company filed the appropriate SEC form announcing a change of company officers and company directors. The stock within days started to take off and closed today at about $59. So that date and announcement seems to have been the catalyst that caused a great deal of stock purchasing confidence in the company. Either this new pricing strategy will work or not. Standing by to find out I guess.

Unfortunately, I had a letter all written out to mail to him complimenting him (I guess I still could but he's gone so...yeah)

I was SO impressed with Splash Academy, and the cruise we had! Although, I'm not even sure Splash Academy was his idea.

my grandkids were absolutely hooked on SA. My grandson would get up and say"is it time??? Did I miss it?"

I saw the Undercover Boss episode with him and what a lot of pressure someone in his position is. Hope he's doing well.