Princess Newbie

MissCruiseAddict

Just booked my first cruise on Princess for next year. Will be sailing the Mexican Riviera.

I have a silly question. On elegant night do they serve lobster tails like on other cruise lines?:)

Also do they play trivia through out the day? That is one of my favorite things to do on sea days.

Thanks.

Just booked my first cruise on Princess for next year. Will be sailing the Mexican Riviera.

I have a silly question. On elegant night do they serve lobster tails like on other cruise lines?:)

Also do they play trivia through out the day? That is one of my favorite things to do on sea days.

Thanks.

A 7-day cruise will have two formal evenings. Lobster will be served on the second one.

Usually at least three trivias a day: morning, afternoon and evening.

Yes, if your cruise is 7 days or longer on one of the formal nights they will serve lobster tail in the DR's. The meal is usually lobster tail with large shrimp. On the other formal night they should have filet with shrimp. I am not certain what is served on short cruises.

Yes, There is normally a morning and late afternoon trivia every sea AND port day. There are also trivia games some evenings around the 9pm time slot. The evening games have some different twists to them. Watch the Princess Patter for times and locations. They can change each day.

Thanks.

See abvoe

Thanks.

Princess calls it "Formal Night"

On a 7 day cruise there are usually 2 formal nights. It has been my experience that on the formal night later in the cruise they do serve lobster tails.

Enjoy Princess :)

Lobster tails on second formal night.

Trivia frequency depends on the entertainment staff, but is often once a day if port times permit, sometimes twice on sea days. If they have more than one oftentimes the second one is a special theme, like 80's music or 60's tv shows. At night you will usually see game shows, Yes-No, Liars Club that sort of thing.

Princess has trivia. There is sometimes one in the morning on sea days. Almost always in the morning on sea days. Usually about 11am.

Afternoon 4pm ish, just about every day.

Often in the evening 9 or 930 or so.

Check the Princess Patter for exact time and place.

Usually there are teams of up to 6 people.

Sadly you should be prepared to find that the lobster tail isn't much larger than the big shrimp. They will gladly bring you 4 tails (often without having to ask) and you can, of course, ask for more to your heart's content. I find that I can get better lobster tail (really, I am not making this up) by buying it frozen at my local Safeway grocery store. It's much larger and, even though it's been frozen and shipped to California from who knows where, it's actually tastier than the lobster on the ship.

That is truly sad.

Sadly you should be prepared to find that the lobster tail isn't much larger than the big shrimp. They will gladly bring you 4 tails (often without having to ask) and you can, of course, ask for more to your heart's content. I find that I can get better lobster tail (really, I am not making this up) by buying it frozen at my local Safeway grocery store. It's much larger and, even though it's been frozen and shipped to California from who knows where, it's actually tastier than the lobster on the ship.

That is truly sad.

Good ol' Safeway!