Rubbish customer service

oztravellerleeds

Yet again terrible non existent customer service from Celebrity in the UK

I contacted them asking for a call back..no call received, I e mailed their customer service team, and no reply,

This isn't the first time I have had terrible customer service by UK Celebrity.

Last year we had exactly the same problem of being unable to get anyone to talk to us, except by ringing and holding for hours.

They are quick enough to take our money though, no delay in contact then

Does anyone have any advice or perhaps a senior managers e mail address I could try.

Does anyone have any advice or perhaps a senior managers e mail address I could try.

You could try concerns@celebrity.com. It's often mentioned on this forum as the go-to email address if you're not getting a reply elsewhere. I've had emails ignored by Celebrity UK customer service also, it's very frustrating.

Do let us know how you get on if you use this email address.

I contacted them asking for a call back..no call received, I e mailed their customer service team, and no reply,

Last year we had exactly the same problem of being unable to get anyone to talk to us, except by ringing and holding for hours.

I've just tried the email given above after being ignored for the last three weeks including two emails and a £5 phone bill for being left on the line before giving up, still owed £1370 by Celebrity. Their customer service makes Ryair look good, for a so called premium line it's absolutely disgraceful.

I am finding Celebrity's Customer Service getting worse every year.

In the past when I contacted Celebrity Customer Service, I would be contacted in a reasonable amount of time. Now I have to send letters, emails and post comments on Cruise Critic and then when I do get a response I am lead to believe I am speaking with someone on the executive team, which I thought were in Miami, but the phone call is coming from Kansas.

You can try this e-mail: CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com

Good luck.

Edited by CruisingChick

Are you a Captain's Club member, their service always seems to be much better than regular customer service.

I've just tried the email given above after being ignored for the last three weeks including two emails and a £5 phone bill for being left on the line before giving up, still owed £1370 by Celebrity. Their customer service makes Ryair look good, for a so called premium line it's absolutely disgraceful.

NEVER use their premium line! Check out http://www.saynoto0870.com for standard geographic code numbers, included in most home phone packages in the UK.

Stuart

Recently, hold times are longer for Cap Club than reg cust service...and no problem getting through.

Seems they all have the same computers so info basically the same..and sometimes not up to date...

still waiting for our perks to be added to our res confirmations!

Hope OP gets through soon..seems no toll free calling there!

As 70% of cruisers book via a Travel Agent (according the this year's CLIA conference), it's clear X isn't seeing a real need to enhance their customer service desks for direct bookers - it's just not getting a large enough volume to add to the department. I am not sure if the TA bookings have gone up or down over time or what the trend is.

One reason I use a TA, they get to handle any grief with a reservation, and I have to know nothing of it. Other reason, any perk or fare X can give (unless a TA has contracted out specific space at a group rate on particular itineraries), so too can my TA, as well as extra perks from the TA directly. My TA does work with international clients, which some do not here in the USA.

I am finding Celebrity's Customer Service getting worse every year.

In the past when I contacted Celebrity Customer Service, I would be contacted in a reasonable amount of time. Now I have to send letters, emails and post comments on Cruise Critic and then when I do get a response I am lead to believe I am speaking with someone on the executive team, which I thought were in Miami, but the phone call is coming from Kansas.

You can try this e-mail: CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com

Good luck.

You know as an example. Shortly after emailing Celebrity with the contact given in this thread I needed to contact American Express after an online registration was suspended. Firstly an automated reply stating I did not need to use the pay per minute phone number and redial their new freephone number. Phone answered in 20 seconds and sorted out within another minute. She then waited while I checked my online account again to make sure all was well before asked how my new card experience was going. She then gave tips and details of a brand new promotion on how to gain more avios points. That's how customer service should be, take NOTE Celebrity.

You know as an example. Shortly after emailing Celebrity with the contact given in this thread I needed to contact American Express after an online registration was suspended. Firstly an automated reply stating I did not need to use the pay per minute phone number and redial their new freephone number. Phone answered in 20 seconds and sorted out within another minute. She then waited while I checked my online account again to make sure all was well before asked how my new card experience was going. She then gave tips and details of a brand new promotion on how to gain more avios points. That's how customer service should be, take NOTE Celebrity.

AMEX really does have great customer service.

I never use a TA because 1) I'm a control freak and 2) i often book cruises which I HOPE to sail on, but can't know for sure until date gets closer, and some charge a cancellation policy. Even if they don't, I would feel guilty canceling with a TA after they did all that work.

But, after reading this post I am reconsidering for my next cruise...

I never use a TA because 1) I'm a control freak and 2) i often book cruises which I HOPE to sail on, but can't know for sure until date gets closer, and some charge a cancellation policy. Even if they don't, I would feel guilty canceling with a TA after they did all that work.

My TA deals with me booking and canceling, and changing all the time. No change fees. She knows how I book, and is fine with it.

I usually book on board then pass the reservation to her. or book my own online then pass it to her, where she adds in her perks, so I joke with her that I basically do all her work for her, so I get half her commission :D

Remember, TA's have different ways of booking and getting information, it's fairly streamlined for them versus the clunky X website we all get to use. Mine does almost all her stuff these days in an iPhone.

Edited by cle-guy

After having previous similar issues with UK I recommend asking for one of the advisors to give you a direct contact. I've now got the email of an advisor who comes back quickly, but it took me lots of money in calls etc to get that solution in the UK. If we ring the USA we find its a lot faster albeit a lot more money

Since I use TAs I rarely contact Celebrity. But in the past 6-8 months I have contacted Celebrity by email on 3 occasions and in all 3 had a response in less than 48 hours.

I do know calling can take a lot of time; my TA was on hold for 40minutes this morning to reach someone to resolve a issue on a upcoming cruise. Just one reason I use a TA, they were on hold while I was golfing:D.

I've noticed the wait time on the call centre is long.

First time I rang up after being on hold a friendly lady sorted out and error on my booking. Generally pleased.

Second time was trying to get Select dining (it was fully booked) and a friendly chap assured me it would be ok within 48 hours and emailed the dining team...I would find out later no notes of this were on my booking and that rep went on holiday the next day.

Third time I rang up following the above issue and another friendly chap sent another email and apologised for his colleague. He said it would also be 24 hours and gave me his name, put notes on my booking and said he would call when they knew. 24 hours later I got select dining but no call back.

My experience has been ok in general but Carnival's customer phone service and website for the UK is so much better...however all calls go to the US centre. I can only compare to Carnival as I do not use a TA.

Edited by Velvetwater

I can't prove it, but my own opinion of longer call wait times has partly to do with all the documented issues with the website. So many transactions that could be handled by the guest on the website wind up in phone calls to the call centers. Make the website truly usable and who knows, maybe those long waits on hold will diminish. How many times do people post having problems with the website only to be told they'll just have to call Celebrity to get whatever it was they needed accomplished.

You feel bad for a TA but not for anyone associated with Celebrity? I don't understand that. I do understand booking a cruise way in advance and having an unexpected life event/emergency crop up that causes you to cancel. I can not understand booking cruises just as possible place holders. In the long run that just affects everyone negatively.

Also, I am no special class of passengger and I have never had a problem reaching Celebrity direct or having someopne knowledgable help.

You feel bad for a TA but not for anyone associated with Celebrity? I don't understand that. I do understand booking a cruise way in advance and having an unexpected life event/emergency crop up that causes you to cancel. I can not understand booking cruises just as possible place holders. In the long run that just affects everyone negatively.

Also, I am no special class of passengger and I have never had a problem reaching Celebrity direct or having someopne knowledgable help.

Well, my assumption is the TAs are all commission, so if I cancel they don't get paid. I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that Celebrity (or any cruise line) has salaried employees and whether I cancel or not they get paid.

So, here is why I book early: I usually cruise on DCL, and the rule of thumb on DCL is book early as the price goes up up UP the closer to cruise date. So on opening day of new itineraries, when bookings are open only to gold and platinum, it is like getting concert tickets: you start calling at 8am, get a busy signal for an hour or two, finally get on hold for thirty minutes, and then see what is still available once you get a person on the phone. The prices go up hundreds of dollars very quickly, usually because the cheaper categories sell out.

The other thing about DCL is that once you book, you lock in the pricing for that day. So, for example, I have a 5 night cruise booked for 12/13/15 in a balcony cabin. Since I booked, the price per adult has gone up almost 50%, from $800 to $1155 (usually 3rd and 4th passenger rates don't rise that much). And that is an off-season cruise! Now, if I decide instead of a balcony I want on ocean view, or an inside room, or a bigger family room, i can switch to any other category of room, that is still available, at the price it was listed at when I booked it last year, not today's prices. So that is why I book early and cancel if decide I want to do a different cruise, etc. BUT, psychologically it is hard to let go of that booking when you see how cheap it is compared to today's prices!! That is why I have ever only cancelled one cruise with DCL, my Alaska cruse, because ultimately it was just too expensive, even though I got an early "cheap" rate.

From reading these boards it doesn't appear with Celebrity that the price keeps going up, it seems that you can randomly just get good deals. When I cancelled DCL to Alaska and went with Celebrity I got 11 nights on X vs 7 nights on DCL for 25% less. But since I booked, Celebrity has had some promotions and the price actually went DOWN (or the perks went up, depending on how you look at it), so that was cool. That just would not happen on DCL.

So maybe for Celebrity it doesn't matter if you "lock in" a rate, but I have just been "trained" by cruising DCL to book a cruise ASAP if I think I want to do it.

I understand what you are sayinmg, however the fact that the customer service people are salaried doesn't mean there is no cost. Can you imagine if 10% of people that booked cruises were calling to cancel...and then repeated that? That certainly contributes to long hold times for custimer service.

There are certainly consequences.

I actually am not a big fan of the competing giveaways, promotions etc. I also understand how that has evolved, but it's gotten out of hand.

I've noticed the wait time on the call centre is long.

I judge all wait times against the wait for Customer Services at my Energy provider, Cooperative Energy - typically 1 hour plus till you're either cut off or put through to a triage team who say they can't help and i'll have to ring....Customer Services. Been like this for 5 months.

Celebrity by comparison (5 min waits max) is a dream

I judge all wait times against the wait for Customer Services at my Energy provider, Cooperative Energy - typically 1 hour plus till you're either cut off or put through to a triage team who say they can't help and i'll have to ring....Customer Services. Been like this for 5 months.

Celebrity by comparison (5 min waits max) is a dream

It's not 5 minutes max, I was 45 minutes and still never got through and unless it's very early morning I doubt you ever get through in 5 minutes in the UK.

I received an automated response to my e mail, they will get back to me and hope to do it within 28 days.......WHAT.

So I rang the captains club number but think you get put through to same department as customer service, the phone was answered after three rings and a lady took my details then put me on hold for 8 minutes, before coming back and rather than keep me on hold asked if she could ring me back...well that's some sort of a result...but if that's the case why did I not get the call back I asked for yesterday or an e mail back...

I believe I am moving forward with my enquiry, but service is still not good.