Cruise card photo at embarkation question - already on file?

OlsSalt

Neither have we - feel better now :p:D;)

That means they took your picture but not ours when we embarked for the Westerdam Sailaway cruise. They would have had both our pictures on file so I wonder how they decide.

That means they took your picture but not ours when we embarked for the Westerdam Sailaway cruise. They would have had both our pictures on file so I wonder how they decide.

not sure. But if they want to skip it for our cruise next year that will be fine by me ;)

We cruise 1-2 times/year and I don't recall ever being told we could skip having the photo taken. I have the same hair style, we must just look older each time. :o

I'm wondering if it depends on who you get...

This has happened now for several years at multiple embarkation ports all over the world: no photo for me, but always one taken for my husband. One agent said "I guess they like your photo", indicating it was not her choice to make.

This agent's response is why this procedure felt like such a puzzlement, and not something that was done at the discretion of each agent spontaneously ---- anywhere in the world at the time of embarkation.

Just wondering what the HAL policy was behind this since photo-ID's seem a critical part of ship's security procedures.

Do you look the same as in the previous photo?

Same haircut? Same glasses? Or maybe no glasses as in the previous photo? Have you lost weight? Have you dyed your hair a different color?

This is not brain surgery: can you be easily identified by your old photo? Or not?

Same haircut? Same glasses? Or maybe no glasses as in the previous photo? Have you lost weight? Have you dyed your hair a different color?

This is not brain surgery: can you be easily identified by your old photo? Or not?

same hair. no glasses and I look pretty much the same for the last number of years, except for the wrinkles of course ;)

This has happened now for several years at multiple embarkation ports all over the world: no photo for me, but always one taken for my husband. One agent said "I guess they like your photo", indicating it was not her choice to make.

This agent's response is why this procedure felt like such a puzzlement, and not something that was done at the discretion of each agent spontaneously ---- anywhere in the world at the time of embarkation.

Just wondering what the HAL policy was behind this since photo-ID's seem a critical part of ship's security procedures.

Interesting! That does prove it isn't up to each agent. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Many of us who have the same hairstyle, glasses, weight, etc. each time still have a new photo taken.

New glasses but everything else the same.