FLL - Hilton Marina vs Embassy Suites - 17th St area

DaveOKC

I have two options for my upcoming cruise, both in the 17th Street area (thus near the pier):

Embassy Suites - $157

Hilton Marina - $88

We will arrive at the hotel around 5 PM the night before our cruise. Will likely walk over to Total Wine and Publix for a few items the night before.

What would you do any why?

I would stay at the Hilton for that kind of price difference. It's farther from Total Wine/Publix but still walkable, and I don't think the breakfast at Embassy Suites is worth $70.00!:eek:

We stayed in a Tower room at the Hilton about three years ago and it was very nice.

no breakfast or shuttles at Hilton marina. A cab is always preferable because shuttles make numerous stops at the port and cost just about the same. I prefer the ES but would stay at the Marina for that price difference.

Yes, for that price, and the time you will be there, I would go to the Hilton as well. You can always cab it back to the hotel if you don't feel like walking in the dark carrying purchases from the Harbor Shops area. Cab will be cheap for that distance.

Thanks for info.....a person needs a corporate number to book...

No, you just need to sign up for the Hilton Honors program - write down your number and pin for your own reference, and then go on the mvp site to book, using your Hilton Honors number.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks for info.....a person needs a corporate number to book...:)

As ger 77 said - no corporate number needed, just use the link I posted and your HHonors card number. I also checked the Rules on my reservation and all it said I needed was my HHonors card at checkin.

Lots of CC board members have used this with no problems.

Edited by DaveOKC

We are looking at these same 2 hotels for two nights pre-cruise in January. There's only a $22 price difference for the two days. Which has more things to do/see withing walking distance? Which of these two is closer to the water taxi? We thought of doing that the day before our cruise. Thanks for helping us narrow down our choices. We also looked at the Hilton Beach Resort and Hyatt Place 17th St.

ML,

It's a few blocks; maybe a quarter mile or so. You have to cross 17th, but there are pedestrian crosswalks. If you're used to walking, you shouldn't have a problem. Just don't buy so much that it makes it hard to walk. Liquid is heavy! :D

Roz

ML,

The first time I took the water taxi, I did it without a destination in mind. You can take it as a tour of the Intercoastal Waterway. It's narrated, and they tell you things about the homes and yachts you pass, as well as the history of Ft. Lauderdale. Very entertaining.

Roz

Help clarify please. I went to the MVP link and the lists of the Hiltons don't mention any with the name Hilton Marina....so what Hilton is the one being referred? The prices were all over $200 for January so wondering where the $88 priced Hilton would be. Thanks.

I have two options for my upcoming cruise, both in the 17th Street area (thus near the pier):

Embassy Suites - $157

Hilton Marina - $88

We will arrive at the hotel around 5 PM the night before our cruise. Will likely walk over to Total Wine and Publix for a few items the night before.

What would you do any why?

Tough choice for me, because I would like both. I think though at those prices, I would prefer Hilton Marina. You save close to 70.00 dollars at Hilton, and the view there is better. Nice pool and bar/restaurant. It is a bit of a hike to Harbor shops, but a cab there and back should not cost much. On the other hand, Embassy has a nice breakfast included, and Hilton Marina last time I checked, breakfast was not included and was very pricy. I am not a big breakfast person anyway. If you need/want breakfast, and with a cab to and from Harbor shops, then the price might just break even. I still prefer Hilton Marina for the views, and water taxi stop. Just me though.