Hump Cabins

I had 9078 on the Jewel big balcony, like a tunnel. The worst part was the noise from the solarium in the evenings. I would hesitate to book another hump near a solarium. The parties go on for a few hours. I could sing along during the 70's party.

I like to go to bed around 10 or 11pm, so I can get up early the next morning. For me it wasn't a good fit. For a party person it would be great. Good location near the elevators, central, 2 nice lounger on balcony.

I think you mean Centrum, not solarium...just so nobody is confused!:)

We'll be in our first "hump" balcony cabin next month onboard Serenade of the Seas in Norway. (7600). I'm looking forward to it, but hope the wind isn't too much worse than a normal balcony as it will be chilly out there as it is.

I'm not worried about noise as it is rare we are back in our cabin early. We're probably contributing to the noise in the centrum.

We'll be in center hump cabin #7600 on Serenade in April. Does anyone have any feedback on that particular cabin or balcony? Is it the regular size balcony or any larger than normal?

We'll be in center hump cabin #7600 on Serenade in April. Does anyone have any feedback on that particular cabin or balcony? Is it the regular size balcony or any larger than normal?

The balcony for your cabin, 7600, is regular size. You can see the size of 7600 and adjacent balconies in the deck plan below.

Serenade%20Deck%207%20plan_zpsp5ku15ej.png

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Looking into a Canada/NewEngland cruise on the Serande out of Boston for next October.

Thoughts on hump cabins? That's a good thing...right?

Not so much. I wouldn't pay extra again for a hump cabin. It's not as though you are sightseeing from your balcony on the cruise.

Our preference now is cabins near the forward elevators, and away from the central core elevators. Especially on Radiance class, stay away from the Centrum.

We will be in 1056 PS in April on the Serenade. Friends have 1558 on the SS of the ship.

Does anyone have any experiences in either of these staterooms? They are aft of the Centrum but seem to have a larger balcony.

Safe travels to all! :)

Yes....the balcony will be larger. Both walls of the balcony are solid and your view will be aft. As others have said, you may hear noise from the parties/activities in the Centrum.

Serenade%20deck%2010%20plan_zpst12faxnf.png

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Here's a picture of those front humps on the Radiance class. The balconies on decks 9 and 10 stick out farther than those on 7 and 8, so they are a bit larger. I've seen pictures of 8586 (highlighted in the picture) both with and without loungers, so one should fit. I'd ask your cabin attendant for one if it doesn't have one when you get there.

Thanks for the photo - it looks like what I was expecting. We had a hump balcony on Liberty OTS a few years ago on a TA and loved it.

It's not as though you are sightseeing from your balcony on the cruise.

On the contrary, sometimes you do. When we did Norway on the BR, my DW came down with Noro and was confined to the cabin for a couple of days. Very glad then to have had 9576 with the extra large balcony so she should sit out there comfortably and more enjoy the scenery at the ports she was not allowed off to visit.

On the contrary, sometimes you do. When we did Norway on the BR, my DW came down with Noro and was confined to the cabin for a couple of days. Very glad then to have had 9576 with the extra large balcony so she should sit out there comfortably and more enjoy the scenery at the ports she was not allowed off to visit.

Alaska's inside passage is another exception.

Sorry to hear Noro was part of your cruise. Can't imagine what you went through. Can't say that I would book a cabin balcony just in case I got Noro!

I made my point poorly. Hump cabins on the downside and upside can actually restrict your view. When viewing straight out it's no different than other balconies. Many hump cabins are not always larger than others, and sometimes they are smaller because of an odd shape.

IMHO the best balconies are forward and aft deck 7 on a Radiance class ship. They are huge and don't restrict your view. Downside the cabin is smaller and less 'privacy'. In any case, we no longer 'upgrade' to a hump cabin. Not worth the cost.

Alaska's inside passage is another exception.

Sorry to hear Noro was part of your cruise. Can't imagine what you went through. Can't say that I would book a cabin balcony just in case I got Noro!

I made my point poorly. Hump cabins on the downside and upside can actually restrict your view. When viewing straight out it's no different than other balconies. Many hump cabins are not always larger than others, and sometimes they are smaller because of an odd shape.

IMHO the best balconies are forward and aft deck 7 on a Radiance class ship. They are huge and don't restrict your view. Downside the cabin is smaller and less 'privacy'. In any case, we no longer 'upgrade' to a hump cabin. Not worth the cost.

Funny thing is, I got this balcony with a guarantee booking at a great rate. I was originally assigned to 8666 - the last balcony before the aft cabins start. I have changed my cabin 4X at no additional cost by just checking to see if something opened up in my category and if it was an improvement, I changed our cabin. I got the hump on Tuesday - the day after final payment, when cabins become available because of cancelations.

Edited by mek

I've currently got a hold on 1056 on serenade.

Can anyone tell be how the beds are set up for 4 people. Is there a pullman or are passengers 3&4 sharing the pull out sofa?

TIA

1056 has a single sofa bed, no pullman.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Wasn't the answer I wanted , can you fix that for me? :D

sigh - now have to reconsider..

Here are the deck plans:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=SR

Look at the bottom of the page for the legend that shows the bed arrangement.

We were in cabin 9584 On Jewel......had NO problem in the cabin with any noise whatsoever from the Centrum, and absolutely no WIND issues on the balcony. This hump cabin was the BEST, dead center on the hump, great viewing both forward and aft all the way down the ship.....close to elevators and the center of everything. We would book this cabin in a heartbeat again.....LOVED THE HUMP!!!

• 6 months later...

I have cabin 9584 on the Radiance Hump on hold. I don't understand what you mean by the centrium? On the diagram I am looking at it shows the library next to it ( which I thought would be really quiet ) sorry first time on RCI want to get this right:rolleyes: