Congrats on RCL stock

Oil prices are low, cruise prices are on the upswing. Seems like a recipe for a stock increase.

Glad to have the stock even though we haven't been able to use it much. Recently booked an OV cabin and was hoping to use the benefit but no, as I bought the cruise using the going going gone sale and that is not combinable with the benefit. I was recently able to use it on a Celebrity Cruise.

It is close to that magic number for us and we will likely sell.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

RCL was up $7 per share today to a new high of $90 after reporting better than expected profits!

About 5 years ago my wife said she wanted to buy the 100 shares at about $20 a share for the share holder benefit. I told her don't do it, you shouldn't buy into a stock that depends on peoples discretionary spending . She didn't listen me.

I bought 500 shares of RCCL the 1st day the market opened after the trade center Got hit. The period before; RCCL was at $40.00 & I bought 500 shs, at $20.00 & when it hit 40 I sold & made $10,000. but did not know about Shareholder OBC. About 7 years ago I bought a 100 shs & later bought 400 more & now have over $22,000. profit. I also own 700 CCL & have $11,000. profit

I did not make out as good as ya'll as I recently bought mine. But the OBC was worth it...even though not all my cruises qualify. I also was looking for a stock that paid dividends.

Super happy with the unrealized profit, but I plan to keep mine for the same reasons I bought it to begin with and hopefully in 10 more years it will have doubled....or more!

The CNBC interview with Richard Fain was really interesting. He was talking about the success of the no last minute discounting and said that they were extending the timeframe from 30 days pre-cruise to 60 days pre-cruise, and were making the policy permanent. Fain went on to talk about how the new pricing strategy they implemented last year was working and that with their new ships and asian deployments they had pricing power to keep prices elevated. He also said that a lot of his loyal customers were upset at first, but that they seem to be over it and the TA's were really happy with the new pricing

The CNBC interview with Richard Fain was really interesting. He was talking about the success of the no last minute discounting and said that they were extending the timeframe from 30 days pre-cruise to 60 days pre-cruise, and were making the policy permanent. Fain went on to talk about how the new pricing strategy they implemented last year was working and that with their new ships and asian deployments they had pricing power to keep prices elevated. He also said that a lot of his loyal customers were upset at first, but that they seem to be over it and the TA's were really happy with the new pricing

That is pretty smart. Truth is we are all willing to pay the price we pay for a cruise - so lowering the price after final payment just upsets people. It never did me as I never looked after final payment. But I do have to say the no last minute discounts is probably better all the way around - customer satisfaction and profits! Win-win.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to get it at $5 but by the time I called it in to purchase it was $7 and change. I haven't been looking at the price regularly so was surprised to see its now at $95+.

I also picked it up for the shipboard credit, thinking I have more to gain than lose if I picked it up at that price. Just loved the upside chance.

These days I don't qualify for the shipboard credit since you only get one perk and with my status I get the discount on the balcony.

But its all good.