Will Celebrity include Bev Package for TA?

jeno

By the way, aside from Princess, NCL and HAL also offer their beverage package for their Transatlantic sailings. Will X join the competition?

Nope, no chance, they didn't allow it when they were having a hard time filling TA's over the last 2 years and were heavily discounting cabins, last and this year, TA's have held cabin prices up and are full. There are already entire categories of cabins completely sold out on all of them with time to go to sell.

No need to offer any perks to full the cabins, so why would they throw the revenue away.

What is the benefit to booking onboard anymore and only getting the $100 credit when I just checked Costco and my same cruise at the same price comes with $285 onboard credit? If other agents are including more onboard credit, or beverage packages for TAs there must be some catch because it doesn't pay to book directly with Celebrity anymore.

Edited by Lisah101

What is the benefit to booking onboard anymore and only getting the $100 credit when I just checked Costco and my same cruise at the same price comes with $285 onboard credit? If other agents are including more onboard credit, or beverage packages for TAs there must be some catch because it doesn't pay to book directly with Celebrity anymore.

It never really has. Always book with X get their perks and then transfer to a TA. only 30% of cruisers book direct with and keep their reservations with Celebrity. They commission and give perks to TA's specifically to allow them to handle the reservation process, so X doesn't have to invest in that staffing.

Celebrity of course LOVES those book direct and don't get the extra perks from a TA, and some do, it's part of the mixed basket of cruisers, just like airlines, no 2 people will end up with the exact same deal even though its the same trip. On the other side, they do a lot to entice Travel Agents to do their work, and commission and gift them accordingly.

Some people like "control" of their reservations and won't do the TA thing, the cost for this "control" is loss of the 3rd party perks.

Check out the GAP program, Group Amenities Program, TA's get points for bookings, that they can give back to clients as OBC or drinks or other things, the amount of points varies on each cruise based on supply and demand. I,m convinced that the majority of the big boxes use GAP points often for these enhancements.

Basically Celebrity (all lines really) is giving out perks that cost them less than it would to have extra staff doing reservations.

Nope, no chance, they didn't allow it when they were having a hard time filling TA's over the last 2 years and were heavily discounting cabins, last and this year, TA's have held cabin prices up and are full. There are already entire categories of cabins completely sold out on all of them with time to go to sell.

No need to offer any perks to full the cabins, so why would they throw the revenue away.

Eclipse TA this past spring "looked" to be almost full right up till final payment and that suddenly there were several hundred cabins that opened up....and X really knocked the price down about 3 weeks out from the cruise...I know this because I know many people who upgraded to SS and even CS on that sailing....it did not sell out till just days before the cruise....

Having said that the suites, even at the lowest rates at that time, were higher than when the cruise was first offered back in March of 13.

We are booked on Reflection Spring TA for next year and the suites, all but one or two S1/S2's have been gone since about two weeks after they were offered last November, with fairly similar prices to the Eclipse sailing.....

I don't see X changing that policy anytime soon either

But neither ever offered a bev package perk.... would be nice, but I prefer the better price you receive on a long TA to a "bev package" perk.....

Edited by Gracie115

I guess I assumed if I transferred to a travel agent I'd loose my $100 onboard credit. I forgot we also got free gratuities. Wonder if this is in writing somewhere - If I transfer I keep those plus get the agent incentives. I feel greedy because the cruise alone is enough but....... if you don't ask, you won't get it.

Eclipse TA this past spring "looked" to be almost full right up till final payment and that suddenly there were several hundred cabins that opened up....and X really knocked the price down about 3 weeks out from the cruise...I know this because I know many people who upgraded to SS and even CS on that sailing....it did not sell out till just days before the cruise....

Having said that the suites, even at the lowest rates at that time, were higher than when the cruise was first offered back in March of 13.

I wanted to do Eclipse again last year, but as you say suites were outrageous! Sky suite was selling for more than I had paid for the Royal Suite 2 years prior.

I watched carefully, ended up booking connie 4-5 weeks out instead in RS for roughly same as Eclipse had been. There were a number of folks who had traditionally done Eclipse on our sailing to Rome because of the giant increase in fare. I'd run into them and say gee you look familiar, and the answer came back, because you hosted us in your cabin for a cabin crawl last year LOL

Edited by cle-guy

We're booked on the Exuinox transatlantic next April. Some here have said the beverage package isn't allowed on transatlantic cruises, I understand that they don't offer it as a perk but are they available for purchase?

Yes they can be purchased.

I wanted to do Eclipse again last year, but as you say suites were outrageous! Sky suite was selling for more than I had paid for the Royal Suite 2 years prior.

I watched carefully, ended up booking connie 4-5 weeks out instead in RS for roughly same as Eclipse had been. There were a number of folks who had traditionally done Eclipse on our sailing to Rome because of the giant increase in fare. I'd run into them and say gee you look familiar, and the answer came back, because you hosted us in your cabin for a cabin crawl last year LOL

We booked the CS the day the TA for Eclipse came out....and a few months later they were selling for 4 times that price....over $12K per person....mind you I watched carefully....not many, if any sold at that price.....which is why at the last minute so many people were able to upgrade at more reasonable prices.... we love the CS but no way it's worth 20-24K for a 16 night TA... I never understood why the pricing went so crazy on that sailing...... it WAS a wonderful itinerary and not one they are offering next year...so maybe that had something to do with it...

Edited by Gracie115

We booked the CS the day the TA for Eclipse came out....and a few months later they were selling for 4 times that price....over $12K per person....mind you I watched carefully....not many, if any sold at that price.....which is why at the last minute so many people were able to upgrade at more reasonable prices.... we love the CS but no way it's worth 20-24K for a 16 night TA... I never understood why the pricing went so crazy on that sailing...... it WAS a wonderful itinerary and not one they are offering next year...so maybe that had something to do with it...

I know, for a time I was assuming something had gone wrong with their pricing. I saw a SkySuite for a while for 20k - at that point I stopped watching!

It was 3 days longer this year than in the past maybe that's why?!.... LOL

I know, for a time I was assuming something had gone wrong with their pricing. I saw a SkySuite for a while for 20k - at that point I stopped watching!

It was 3 days longer this year than in the past maybe that's why?!.... LOL

pretty expensive 3 days!!!! :eek::D The addition of Lisbon, Bilbao and LeHavre were wonderful ports but sure not worth that price....

This weeks exciting deals includes the Silhouette, and some of the big online agencies are already discounting other TAs, but no bev package.

Celebrity was was well ahead with there 123 that included the bev, and now that other lines are offering them on TAs - could competition be far behind?

Hal

JMHO, but $2,000 PER PERSON is REALLY exorbitant for a TA!!! We've done both east & west (in concierge balconies) for half of that price. Granted, no bev package, but one could have LOTS of drinks and still not spend $2K! :eek::eek:

Looking at October 2016 comparing Royal Princess to Reflection on pretty similar itineraries, Princess is only about $100 more pp and that's prior to transferring to a TA for extra perks and probably a 10% discount. That's not too shabby for 14 days of free drinks :)

Hi,

I guess the answers is who knows... They have done it before so it could happen again... If they feel they are losing out to others that are offering to the deal then anything is possible...

Having been luck to have it included on a previous transatlantic cruise I would imagine the prices would go up as I for one did make the most of it so if it...🍸😊

[quote name='HS2BS']This weeks exciting deals includes the Silhouette, and some of the big online agencies are already discounting other TAs, but no bev package.
Celebrity was was well ahead with there 123 that included the bev, and now that other lines are offering them on TAs - could competition be far behind?

Hal[/QUOTE]I don't see the Silhouette TA listed on this week's exciting deals. Am I missing something or are you referring to other Silhouette European cruises?

[quote name='HS2BS']This weeks exciting deals includes the Silhouette, and some of the big online agencies are already discounting other TAs, but no bev package.

Hal[/QUOTE]

I don't see the Silhouette TA on the upcoming Exciting Deals???

I recently received an email from Celebrity, not a travel agency, promoting the combination River Cruise/Transatlantic program that they recently announced. I think it was with Amras or Amas River cruises. I forget which ship the TA was on, but it included a premium beverage package in the pricing. That said it was quite expensive. It did include a couple of hotel stays as well as the flight from where the River cruise ended to Rome, where the TA started. If I remember correctly pricing started around 7k PP. I was quite surprised to see a beverage package included on the TA.

Anyone else get this email?

Silhouette won't be on the Exciting Deals list until after final payment, which is around mid-August. There aren't a whole lot of Concierge cabins left. Maybe someone could get a good deal on an Inside or OV.

[quote name='Cruise Junky']Looking at October 2016 comparing Royal Princess to Reflection on pretty similar itineraries, Princess is only about $100 more pp and that's prior to transferring to a TA for extra perks and probably a 10% discount. [COLOR=Red][B]That's not too shabby for 14 days of free drinks[/B][/COLOR] :)[/quote]

CJ:

I wouldn't consider those drinks "free" if I'm dropping nearly 4K per couple just crossing the pond! Yikes! :eek: :p

[quote name='julia']CJ:

I wouldn't consider those drinks "free" if I'm dropping nearly 4K per couple just crossing the pond! Yikes! :eek: :p[/QUOTE]

But in reality you're only dropping $200 more than X. The Princess TA is around $1,600 pp for a balcony.

[quote name='gordylad']I think the free beverage package if you are a drinker is a big attraction and its smart for the cruise lines to offer it. If celebrity doesnt start to offer it on TA's they will get left behind.[/QUOTE]

Let's look at bookings....

[B]Eclipse[/B]
[LIST]
[*]4/17/16 - only 32% of cabins left to sell
[*]11/1/15 - 32%
[*]10/29/16 - 25%
[/LIST]
[B]Connie[/B]
[LIST]
[*]4/2/16 - 32%
[*]11/4/15 - 24%
[/LIST]

[B]Equinox[/B]
[LIST]
[*]10/27/15 - 33%
[*]10/25/16 - 28%
[*]4/15/16 - 36%
[/LIST]
[B]
Reflection[/B]
[LIST]
[*]10/23/15 - 50%
[*]10/21/16 - 37%
[*]4/9/16 - 29%
[/LIST]

[B]Silhouette
[/B][LIST]
[*]4/10/16 - 33%
[*]10/31/15 - 30%
[*]11/5/16 - 30%
[/LIST]

Pre-sales are STRONG, as announced on the investor call. Really no need to offer perks.