Emerald 9 Night

Nymue

We are looking at the possibility of booking a 9 night on the Emerald out of Ft Laud. It goes out to Grand Turk and then comes back in to Ft Laud, so it is really a B2B but they are selling and we are booking as a 9 night.

Has anyone done this? What we are wondering is, do you need to disembark and then get back on again, if so we will not book it. Second question is do they make you go thru the Muster drill a second time, I mainly ask because I am disabled and getting around in large crowds can be a bit much at times.

Thanks, Anne & Bob

We are looking at the possibility of booking a 9 night on the Emerald out of Ft Laud. It goes out to Grand Turk and then comes back in to Ft Laud, so it is really a B2B but they are selling and we are booking as a 9 night.

Has anyone done this? What we are wondering is, do you need to disembark and then get back on again, if so we will not book it. Second question is do they make you go thru the Muster drill a second time, I mainly ask because I am disabled and getting around in large crowds can be a bit much at times.

Thanks, Anne & Bob

You would leave everything in your cabin if you have the same cabins.

No second muster, the first time is sufficient.

You do have to disembark. It is a simple process. You meet at a designated area at a specified time, get off the ship, wait in a waiting area for the ship to be cleared by customs then re-board. You do not have to repeat the muster drill.

You will have to briefly leave the ship on your first return to Ft Lauderdale as US immigration and customs requires the ship to be "zeroed out" on all turnaround days. Detailed instructions will be sent to your cabin a day or so before as to when and where you need to meet. It is relatively painless as long as all of your fellow back-to-back passengers cooperate but it is up to you if this is a dealbreaker.

You do have to disembark. It is a simple process. You meet at a designated area at a specified time, get off the ship, wait in a waiting area for the ship to be cleared by customs then re-board. You do not have to repeat the muster drill.

Sometimes (it may depend on the number of B2B passengers), immigration will come aboard the ship and clear passengers on board without the need for them to leave the ship.

Thanks, Anne & Bob

I don't think you get 2 credits as a 9 day trip but you get 2 if you do the 5 and 4 as B2B. Others would have to confirm that.

If you book a B2B you should be able to find a room available in both segments instead of doing a Guarantee.

Thanks, Anne & Bob

Answers:

On turn around day in Ft. Lauderdale you will be required to exit the ship and go through immigration* If you are in the same cabin leave all your luggage. If you are in different cabins the cabin steward will transfer your luggage to your new cabin. Princess has staff specifically assigned to assist the disabled so that should not be a big issue.

You do not go to the second muster drill. FYI Princess' muster drills are in lounges not outside on the deck. You are seated during the drill.

Comment:

This will be two short cruises and a different type of cruise experience then one longer cruise. I would suggest that you look at one of the 10 day cruises available from Princess and other lines as well. To me a single 10 day cruise is more relaxing.

*Sometimes immigration comes on board. Most times they do not.

Edited by sknight

Thanks, Anne & Bob

Is January 18th (5 day) one of the sailings you're considering. We'll be on that one and be staying on for two additional weeks so it'll be a B2B2B for us.

Taking a B2B on Princess is easy. You'll get complete instructions a day before telling you where on meet on your turn-around day. All of your things stay in the cabin. Basically, they walk you off through Immigration and back on the ship.

They "mother hen" you through the whold thing. :)

You do not have to attend the 2nd Muster Drill.

You will still get 2 credits when booking it as a 9 day.

Hoping you'll be on the 18th sailing so we can be shipmates! :D

LuLu

• 3 weeks later...
Is January 18th (5 day) one of the sailings you're considering. We'll be on that one and be staying on for two additional weeks so it'll be a B2B2B for us.

Taking a B2B on Princess is easy. You'll get complete instructions a day before telling you where on meet on your turn-around day. All of your things stay in the cabin. Basically, they walk you off through Immigration and back on the ship.

They "mother hen" you through the whold thing. :)

You do not have to attend the 2nd Muster Drill.

You will still get 2 credits when booking it as a 9 day.

Hoping you'll be on the 18th sailing so we can be shipmates! :D

LuLu

We booked as a b2b for 2 credits, same cabin, 2 different confirmation numbers. Told 9 day was "1 cruise, 1 credit, 1 confirmation number" by TA. Good if that's not true!

We booked as a b2b for 2 credits, same cabin, 2 different confirmation numbers. Told 9 day was "1 cruise, 1 credit, 1 confirmation number" by TA. Good if that's not true!

TA does not know how it works.

If you look at your cruise history in "My Princess", chances are it already list both credits as soon to be earned.