Cancelled cruises announcement - Epic, Jade, Spirit, Star, Sun

noche_caliente

I am so fed up with NCl right now. I understand that changes happen but the way they are handling this is ridiculous. We were booked on the Jade for April of 2017 and they want us to move our booking to cruise within the next 6 months. They don't have the itineraries for the new ships yet and won't give any information on the Jade's new schedule until the 17th. So I don't even know how much it would cost us to cancel our current booking and rebook on the Jade with the new itinerary.

If the Jade is moving to Tampa I don't understand why NCL won't give me the option to keep my reservation for April 2017. It's the same itinerary on the same ship just a different port which is no problem for us.

Instead the alternative they gave to "have our cruise fare protected" was to move our booking on the Jade to either November 14, 2015 or November 28, 2015 through December 12, 2015 or from January 2, 2016 through February 27, 2016. None of those dates work for us, as we wanted a cruise date for that week in April 2017. We already have a NCL cruise booked for 2016. This is so frustrating, especially if they are offering guests on the Star to move to the Jade with price protection.

Our other option is to rebook and get a $100 credit . The only other ship listed right now with the same itinerary is the Getaway and that would be an increase of over $3,000 for us plus the loss of all previous booking benefits. We booked in March with UDP, UBP + Gratuities and 3 & 4th Free including a $300 on-board credit and now we would have to give that up if we rebook. Sorry if that was a bit of a rant, all these NCl changes are getting to be too much.

Edited by Kortehgehn

Which is all fine and good, but they knew it was coming and should not have been selling cruises on these ships that they can not deliver.

Folks on Epic in Europe for example have the choice of taking the cruise a full year early to protect their rate or get a measly $50 OBC? That's just not right

I personally don't like a post like this. We have no idea what went into these decisions nor do we know WHEN the final decisions were made. It's not just that cut and dry. It's a long way away, not just a few months.

Thanks for the update but I'm intrigued to know what Jade is doing between 8th and 30th October now that our sailing departing Venice on the 8th and which was due to arrive in Barcelona on the 15th has been cancelled. That's 22 days to fill before her TA from Barcelona.

I know the Jade was going into dry dock, maybe its now going to be a 22 day dry dock.

I personally don't like a post like this. We have no idea what went into these decisions nor do we know WHEN the final decisions were made. It's not just that cut and dry. It's a long way away, not just a few months.

OK, what possible excuse could NCL have?

Knock yourself out.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Cuba will open up pretty soon even with the Republican congress, most want the embargo removed.

That's not the impression I get from news articles about Congress' attitude. And without Congressional action, the embargo on US citizens being able to spend money in Cuba won't go away, even if the President "normalizes relations" with Cuba.

I'm pretty sure they knew prior to letting me book a haven suite last week on the Epic for next December. Yes they probably also knew on Saturday when they let me cancel and rebook with the new promo, gladly taking my $1500 deposit and sending me an email stating they can't wait to welcome me aboard. This was done on Saturday, August 1st. The cruise was canceled on Sunday August 2nd. Btw, I haven't been notified of this yet by NCL so perhaps I still get to go on the cruise I purchased. I do know that it's no longer for sale though so suspect the other posters are correct in stating my cruise is cancelled.

Edited by littlelulu01

Does anyone know if Norwegian are going to do a repositioning cruise that travels directly from Europe to Iceland to North America or the reverse direction?

We want to visit Iceland but not do Europe to Iceland to Europe and then to North America.

Thanks

Mike & Pauline

Poms by birth but Kiwis by choice

I'm sure we all understand decisions/changes have to be made and consequently customers will have to rearrange their cruises etc BUT - making us wait 2 weeks before being able make decisions/changes AND not allowing us to take our pre existing deals to another ship is not customer service! I booked a Christmas cruise for 2016 based on getting UDP & UBP included. Now my choice is take that cruise a year early (impossible) or lose my deals. It's not about how long away it is, it's about the way we are being treated!

I'm sure we all understand decisions/changes have to be made and consequently customers will have to rearrange their cruises etc BUT - making us wait 2 weeks before being able make decisions/changes AND not allowing us to take our pre existing deals to another ship is not customer service! I booked a Christmas cruise for 2016 based on getting UDP & UBP included. Now my choice is take that cruise a year early (impossible) or lose my deals. It's not about how long away it is, it's about the way we are being treated!
As of this writing I still have not heard back from NCL who yesterday assured me my 13 Oct 2016 cruise was not cancelled...I do not like to be treated like some jerk who has no clue, NCL should realize more of us know the deal than not...I have still not received anything from NCL stating my cruise has been cancelled when I know it has been by reading the media release yesterday..For all of us who are pissed off and will not sail with NCL, there are 100's of others who will...NCL could care less where the monies come from...

Yep our Jan 2017 Epic cruise had been cancelled. There is no possible way we could do it a year early and so all we've been offered is that pathetic $50 OBC towards an alternative cruise. I'd always been a loyal RCCL fan but gave NCL a chance when we cruised the Med on Jade this past January. We really loved our Jade cruise so re-booked again for the Med in January two years later - that time to be on Epic. I got in early so that we got the cabin we wanted and so that I was able to book on the free 3rd and 4th pax plus the unlimited dining package. But this appalling treatment by NCL has really put me off and so I think I'm going back to RCCL being my favourite.

Not a rant at all. We have the same situation. Can't book earlier because we already have 2 cruises booked in 2016. We are not retired so have limited vacation. I would move with the Jade to FL if given the option. As the offer stands now, I will be going back to RCCL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not a rant at all. We have the same situation. Can't book earlier because we already have 2 cruises booked in 2016. We are not retired so have limited vacation. I would move with the Jade to FL if given the option. As the offer stands now, I will be going back to RCCL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Totally understandable!

Does anyone know if Norwegian are going to do a repositioning cruise that travels directly from Europe to Iceland to North America or the reverse direction?

We want to visit Iceland but not do Europe to Iceland to Europe and then to North America.

Thanks

Mike & Pauline

Poms by birth but Kiwis by choice

Is there some reason it has to be a cruise? Flights to Iceland on IcelandAir are cheap.

I don't get the issue here! Big deal!!! Ample notice was given.

Some of us have bookings with free "perks". In my case, a 10 night cruise inc UBP and UDP for a cruise over Christmas. My options are a) go in 2015 (not possible) b) change ship for a shorter cruise (OK) but in that instance would lose the UDP and UBP which is worth a lot of money! It's not the lead time most people are unhappy with, it's that NCL won't honour the offers they gave us on our original booking.

I would be delighted to change ships and reduce the number of days to have my Christmas 2016 cruise. However, to lose both UDP and UBP for a $50 OBC isn't cricket is it?!

Some of us have bookings with free "perks". In my case, a 10 night cruise inc UBP and UDP for a cruise over Christmas. My options are a) go in 2015 (not possible) b) change ship for a shorter cruise (OK) but in that instance would lose the UDP and UBP which is worth a lot of money! It's not the lead time most people are unhappy with, it's that NCL won't honour the offers they gave us on our original booking.

I would be delighted to change ships and reduce the number of days to have my Christmas 2016 cruise. However, to lose both UDP and UBP for a $50 OBC isn't cricket is it?!

So do I! I was on one of the Star cruises that was cancelled. If you read the release, they will honor the perks and offers. At least that what was my email said. I am just transferring to the Jade.

Latest update concerning the 10 day 13 Oct 2016 western Caribbean cruise on the STAR out of TPA...From our TA:The cruise is cancelled, which we all already knew...To not lose any of the "amenities" we had, our only option is to cruise on the JADE on the 15th of Jan 2017...On a 10 day eastern Caribbean cruise, also out of TPA...Take it or leave it so far, but can not "book" anything until after the 17th of this month...With no "itinerary no less...That is as of today, things with NCL have changed so much, who knows what tomorrow might bring...

ROB

Yes we can't have people asking questions. Heaven forfend an honest question might be met with an honest answer.

Your other supposition is spot on actually: start the new itineraries with the next group of schedules. You wonder if that "probably doesn't even make sense", but I think you're actually on to a great idea. I mean, why not? Honour people with what they contracted for, then make everyone happy with a a great new rollout.

It could have been so straightforward.

I agree, I was one with a canceled cruise ( almost paid for ) out of Houston. With a daughter in a wheelchair. we've learned to book early or all the handicapped access rooms are gone. Now we either have to go sooner - and hope that a room is available or go to a different port. Unless it's Galveston, that isn't happening. Airport people have been really rough with our daughter and we're not chancing that again. SO, basically we're out of luck because NCL is not honoring their commitments They should hve stopped bookings on cruises that they were cancelling!

I agree, I was one with a canceled cruise ( almost paid for ) out of Houston. With a daughter in a wheelchair. we've learned to book early or all the handicapped access rooms are gone. Now we either have to go sooner - and hope that a room is available or go to a different port. Unless it's Galveston, that isn't happening. Airport people have been really rough with our daughter and we're not chancing that again. SO, basically we're out of luck because NCL is not honoring their commitments They should hve stopped bookings on cruises that they were cancelling!

I have learned that if you qualify for a handicap room you can call at any time to a special department - or have them connect you and they will kick someone out of a handicap room that is not handicap. It is a chance people take if they book a handicap room they don't need. I would more than understand if this happened and it was me in that room. I do not usually book them. Please try this so you can have a room you need. This was told to me on Carnival and Princess. I would hope NCL is the same. I think the regular reservation people don't tell you this but please try next time as you should get a handicap room when you need one.

We were booked for the Spirit Feb 2017.

They gave me 2 options

#1 move to the Epic for fare saver. My complaint about this is the Epic does not have ocean view rooms, which is what we booked. So now we will be in a lower grade cabin for the same price. we also got the free UBP and 3&4th people free. There are 8 of us.

#2 book another trip at current fare and we wont get all the perks.

Bummed out :(

Count us on board the frustration train; we booked in April on the Jade in December 2016 for a family trip that is a gift, and the reason we were able to do this was because of the excellent promotions we were able to obtain. Certainly plenty of notice, but if we could have afforded to take the trip a year earlier, don't they think we would have??

Two hours on the phone with NCL today. Ordinarily I am the first to sing their praises because their customer service has been nothing but top notch, but this just isn't acceptable. We either rebook ten months early, or we lose UBP and rebook at a higher price - to the tune of $500 dollars, which sure, isn't a fortune to everyone, but for a young family really is more than we can swing - out of a different port on a different ship with a different itinerary.

Honestly, if they would honor the promotions I booked with I'd probably make the rebook out of New Orleans work, but this is just incredibly shady. One of the reps I spoke to today said the exact same thing - he'd be furious, and he hoped I could find a better deal somewhere else, lol. Grr.:mad: