Cancelled cruises announcement - Epic, Jade, Spirit, Star, Sun

noche_caliente

Seems to me NCL just can't seem to quit treating us like idiots. What on earth now?

First they tried to say we could not bring food back to the room. That blew up on the launching pad. NOW.... they are moving ships around all over the globe. Gee that ended poorly the last time I looked as air fares really made it too expensive for us to fly there even if we wanted to. Also, looks as if Houston and New Orleans are just SOL. That stinks big time. We really were excited to see NCL back in the Texas market and now, two year and gone. Really?

So what if Cuba does open up? I don't want to drive all the way to Florida to take that cruise. Sheese..... I guess RCL, Princess and Carnivore will be happy to wave bye bye to NCL in this market.

This is the 3rd time DH and I have booked NCL together (I cruised solo on NCL previously) and all 3 times we've had our original date or ship canceled - I'm starting to think he's bad luck! This happens frequently - especially if a group charters a week. I've never had a bad experience changing weeks or ships so far - and my PCC that NCL assigned me has been awesome - I'm sure on the 17th he'll be awesome again!

Yep. We jumped ship also. Booked back on Royal liberty of the Seas out of Galveston in 2017. So relieved to have this finalized. So long NCL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise. I'm going to wait and see what happens on the 17th. My TA said nothing can be done until then. I just can't help but think this has got to be just poor communication and they really don't mean that it's either move cruise up a year or goodbye. NCL has delivered me my best cruise experiences to date. Yes they do a poor job communication wise with website but once on board I've had wonderful experiences. I will hold out and see if they make things right.

I just can't imagine a company as big as they are making such a poor decision. Remember when carnival made their mistakes by treating customers poorly and it was all over the news? I still would never sail with them for those reasons. RCI had the same problems and they did the right thing. All you heard about afterwards was that's how a reputable company does business. Im sure the only reason RCI stepped and made good to their customers was because of the wrath Carnival endured but they were not about to make the same mistake.

I would think if NCL ended up screwing thousands out of the vacations they sold with really no viable options that it would be quite newsworthy. I sure hope they don't take that kind of risk.

Perhaps they can't offer a price protection for any cruise in the same time frame as what I have booked because they don't have the schedules out and once they post on the 17th they will work with me to get me on a cruise in my time frame.

I mean can you imagine you just purchased a vacation package from the airline for your Hawaii trip for next December and put a 1/3 deposit down and then the airline sent you an email telling you well that flight is canceled. Yes we will still be flying to hawaii next December but your particular flight is canceled and no you can't switch you to one of our other flights because they will cost more than the flight we sold you. No we can't make an exception even though so far we have not started sales on our new flight. We simply want to sell the new flights for more than you paid. The only thing we can offer you is the chance to call us in two weeks and there's a slim to nothing chance we might be able to get you on a flight if you go to hawaii this December vs next December oh and if you book the flight this december we will even let you subtract a day of your vacation for the same price. Yes we know we sold you the vacation to include 11 nights lodging but the new flight package includes 12 nights lodging and we can't go 12. We can go ten or 11 if you go this year. Oops we forgot we sold you first class tickets and suite accommodations. Well if you want the suite we sold you get in line because we only have a couple of those rooms left. Your choice because we want you to still have the vacation of your dreams. And ps. You will have exactly one week to decide. That's pretty much what NCL has offered so far on the 11 night epic sailing.

Edited by littlelulu01

Yep. We jumped ship also. Booked back on Royal liberty of the Seas out of Galveston in 2017. So relieved to have this finalized. So long NCL.

Same here. Booked on Liberty of the Seas for our annual Jan. cruise. Really bummed out about losing Princess too!

Seems to me NCL just can't seem to quit treating us like idiots. What on earth now?

First they tried to say we could not bring food back to the room. That blew up on the launching pad. NOW.... they are moving ships around all over the globe. Gee that ended poorly the last time I looked as air fares really made it too expensive for us to fly there even if we wanted to. Also, looks as if Houston and New Orleans are just SOL. That stinks big time. We really were excited to see NCL back in the Texas market and now, two year and gone. Really?

So what if Cuba does open up? I don't want to drive all the way to Florida to take that cruise. Sheese..... I guess RCL, Princess and Carnivore will be happy to wave bye bye to NCL in this market.

Princess isn't coming back either. Once she leaves in April 2016 on the transatlantic, Princess will not return to Houston. Bummer!

I don't even know how they can consider sailing one year in advance an option? Ridiculous! We are already booked to said Nov 2015.

Totally agree.......if I wanted to book a year earlier I would have!!!! :rolleyes:

Sheesh........!

Looking at Celebrity for the same type of cruise.

Edited by Cruisercl

This has left a really bad taste in my mouth. I had thought it would be fun to give NCL a try, especially because I liked the sound of the suite perks and I booked during the unlimited beverage and specialty dining promo. My letter says nothing about keeping perks, and I think to expect people to be able to cruise 9-12 months early for price protection is ridiculous.

I can understand minor itinerary changes, but this is a massive redeployment on 5 ships that have been open for booking for several months now. I was torn between the Liberty of the Seas and the Jade anyway, so NCL made the decision easy. I'll stick with RCI, Celebrity, and Princess from now on.

I don't even know how they can consider sailing one year in advance an option? Ridiculous! We are already booked to said Nov 2015.

This is me too.

Epic March 2017... cancelled

We're already on the Sun March 2016.

I can only get away a few weeks a year and I'm not complaining about my life situation: I'm fortunate enough to get that time and to be able to cruise once a year--many people aren't.

I'll have to ask NCL which one they suggest I cancel; currently leaning toward both after these shenanigans.

Hi All

Sorry to hear of the hassle some of you are experiencing. We are booked on our first ever NCL cruise on Epic from Barcelona on 23rd October 16. We thought we'd try another line before becoming "loyal to royal".

I read here on cc last week about the Epic itinerary change of Palma to Marseille. My TA told me yesterday!

Now for the interesting part. I've read on this thread that Epic is now doing her TA on 30th October 16. However I've tried a couple of times this week to check availability on our cruise and whilst the cruise comes up there is no option to select number of passengers and check availability online. Which seems a little suss. I'm a member of a British cruise forum and someone on there who can somehow access NCL's U.S site has told me that the last date Epic is showing out of Barcelona is 16th October 2016.

So my questions are: 1) can you see the 23rd October sailing on the U.S site?

If not 2) Is anyone booked on this cruise already had word of it being cancelled?

I know I can get my TA to ring but she's on hols until Monday and I don't want to faff involving someone else. I'm not too stressed about it as we are on Harmony the week before, buy hey ho it would be nice to know what's going on.

It seems that you guy's in the U.S get advance notice lol

Good luck to those affected x

Edited by cymru cruiser

Anyone can access it, just navigate directly to a subpage, for example http://www.ncl.com/vacations

brilliant thank you, I never knew that little trick.

Well that answers my first question our cruise date is NOT showing as available on OUR date.

So that beggars the question of why? mmm. Could it just be on stop for a while to be able to update it so folk on the TA can have the same cabin on a med cruise the week earlier? Or something more sinister.

I have just looked closely at the 2016-17 cruises of the Star and I think they are going to be heavily booked very quickly. We will be making some decisions very soon about visiting lots of new places.

At last some slightly cheaper air fares!! :)

Mike & Pauline

Poms by Birth; Kiwis by Choice

I have just looked closely at the 2016-17 cruises of the Star and I think they are going to be heavily booked very quickly. We will be making some decisions very soon about visiting lots of new places.

Mike & Pauline

I hear what you're saying about cheaper airfares Mike and Pauline but, sadly, with the way the cruises are priced down our way, that airfare savings will most likely be sucked up in the higher cruise prices :(

Mike & Pauline

Where have you found these sailings. Was there any pricing? Please give us a website so we can take a peak. Thanks.

How have you managed to make a change before the 17th August which many of us have been told we have to wait until before we can make any changes to keep all our promos and price?

We called and they worked with us.

My 10 day Epic cruise was cancelled. My TA called NCL this past Tuesday and I was able to switch to the same cruise at a different time, at the same price (even though the new cruise is listed as being $800 more) got more OBC and kept the UBP. So it's "do-able" now.

i think if we all email them at the same email address, they might wake up...i said might...

lmk the email,

thanks,

s

Do you honestly believe that even if 100 percent of all the affected passengers all e-mailed a scathing letter at the exact same time that this would impact the company plans to deploy ships to the Asia market? If so, you are probably mistaken.

They have made the decision to do this, and they are sacrificing existing bookings way out in the future to redeploy ships where they are needed to capitalize on this market. It's happened before, and will probably happen again if a new market develops. You just have to see what will be offered, and either cancel or re-book with the compensation being given.

Being bitter and angry does nothing for you. Ranting in an e-mail will not change a thing and will not make you feel better. Control your own happiness and choose to make the best you can out of the situation.

:confused:Cancellations happen, not happy with it at all, but more than anything, its how NCL is treating me after the cancellation that is bothering me very much...How is it that things are different for some, is the 17th in stone, or is it really the 19th when "itineraries" will be available to book..How is it some are making "changes" now...???There has been some terrible communications Or lack there of from NCL right up to now concerning all these changes...I'm frustrated with the whole thing, from the cancelled cruise we wanted, to the cruise we don't really want that will be offered in place of...

Yes realize walking is always an option...If I do walk, that will be the end of our cruising... An all inclusive in the Caribbean will have to do...

I always thought my vacation should be about my choices not somebody else...Have not been made any offer yet by anybody, let alone receiving anything "official" notifying me the cruise was cancelled...I heard and learned everything from here on CC...I knew more than my TA...I want NCL to offer me "lateral choices"...

In limbo waiting right now...

ROB

:confused: .Have not been made any offer yet by anybody, let alone receiving anything "official" notifying me the cruise was cancelled...I heard and learned everything from here on CC...I knew more than my TA...I want NCL to offer me "lateral choices"...

In limbo waiting right now...

ROB

Maybe its because we used a TA? We used a big box TA and were notified via TA with a letter a few days after most. My TA rep was also unaware and we conf called NCL and were told no changes until Aug 17. I think the difference is that there will no longer be a cruise out of TX so no comparable cruises to switch to?

APparently they dont consider the same itinerary out of Tampa, same season on the same freaking ship comparable, but what do I know?

Am I completely upset? You betcha, and those of us effected have a right to be and we will vent and take as much time as we need for the anger to pass. Im sure this stuff happens all the time, but that doesn't mean it still doesn't sting. We will see what August 17th brings but I have low expectations.

Anyone know if we will have to call or can we login to our accounts and see online all the availabe sailings?