Another dress code question

dakrewser

I'm curious - if I decided to wear my dinner jacket to the MDR on a casual night, would I be turned away? If I wore a suit and tie, would the Maitre'd take my jacket and cut off my tie? Do they really enforce the "casual dress" code???

You would not be turned away for wearing a jacket and tie but another passenger may ask you what I was once asked quite sarcastically... "Is tonight formal night?" To which I replied "No tomorrow is formal night, and we will be dressed formally then!"

I'm curious - if I decided to wear my dinner jacket to the MDR on a casual night, would I be turned away? If I wore a suit and tie, would the Maitre'd take my jacket and cut off my tie? Do they really enforce the "casual dress" code???

You're thinking of Tony Roma's (In the late 1970s. So, no.

By the way, today is National Coast Guard Day. Let's express our gratitude and hug a Coastie.

You're thinking of Tony Roma's (In the late 1970s. So, no.

By the way, today is National Coast Guard Day. Let's express our gratitude and hug a Coastie.

I always love it when someone brings a bright side to a thread.

I totally agree. Thanks to all that serve :)

I wear a sports jacket to the MDR or Specialty Restaurant dinner every night and add a tie for Gala Nights. Still awaiting any comments from the crew or fellow passengers. I do seem to always get a great table in the PG when wearing a jacket. The one time over the years I appeared in just a polo shirt, I ended at at a very remote table.

Jeans and shorts for the Lido Restaurant to meet the casual ambiance..

We like to dress for dinner every night. We have never felt over dressed or had any comments. On our last Prinsedam cruise a group of ladies came into the dining room every night wearing long gowns and full sparkly jewellery. They looked wonderful, and were obviously enjoying their cruise.

Hopefully you are 'tongue in cheek' about your posting dakrewser!

I think it's safe to say that's the case. ;)

On non-Gala/formal/glitter nights I like to wear my satin robe, not just the cotton robe I wear during the day, to class it up a bit.

I think it's safe to say that's the case. ;)

On non-Gala/formal/glitter nights I like to wear my satin robe, not just the cotton robe I wear during the day, to class it up a bit.

Satin robes are just so déclassé. :eek: You'll never get into the MDR unless you wear silk...

This reminds me of about 20 years ago when my husband wore his tux to the New York City Opera since it was a special occasion for us and we had a late night dinner in the Rainbow Room planned to celebrate.

When he returned from the men's room at intermission he was chuckling...someone asked him if he was in the orchestra:D

You would not be turned away for wearing a jacket and tie but another passenger may ask you what I was once asked quite sarcastically... "Is tonight formal night?" To which I replied "No tomorrow is formal night, and we will be dressed formally then!"

Well said!! I'm really more of a "casual dress all the time" type of person. I pretty much wear TDU trousers/shorts, jeans, or cutoffs and metal band t-shirts every day, but for my upcoming (first!) cruise, I will most certainly be wearing nice clothing in the MDR and PG for dinner every night, and will be dressed formally on formal (or "Gala".. Whatever) nights.

I do seem to always get a great table in the PG when wearing a jacket. The one time over the years I appeared in just a polo shirt, I ended at at a very remote table.

That's very interesting to note. I might do some experimenting with that concept.

I too usually wear a jacket to the MDR on casual night. I always wear a jacket and tie to Pinnacle or Tamarind. It just elevates the entire dining experience. But, that is just my own opinion. I say it is better to overdress than to underdress. Most important thing is to ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

I do seem to always get a great table in the PG when wearing a jacket. The one time over the years I appeared in just a polo shirt, I ended at at a very remote table.

QUOTE]

Hey... don't tell everyone. It is THE secret of getting a good table.... and also a tip .... and guarantee!;)