ncl email address most effective?

njsonja

my cruise along with many other folks' was cancelled....i'd like any and all email addresses from NCL so I can send them a love note....<sarcastic>; i will also send via fedex..

thanks,

sonja

my cruise along with many other folks' was cancelled....i'd like any and all email addresses from NCL so I can send them a love note....<sarcastic>; i will also send via fedex..

thanks,

sonja

The effectiveness of an email is dependent on addressing it to the right person based on the purpose of the email. Not sure who to tell you to email without knowing what you're trying to accomplish.

In any case, it is always best to address booking issues with your booking agent...especially given that they are paid to deal with your reservation.

so many people read these boards....i wanted something current....i did call my agent...i also googled....this is why i'm posting here....this is a very large community.....and i have found several emails....hoping someone here has something current...thanks

I've seen many complaint letters here, and most are poorly writte, too emotional.

Letters of Complaint

If you have received poor service or have been dissatisfied with a product, you can write to the company involved to make a complaint. To get the result you want, such as a refund, follow these tips:

Explain clearly who you are in relation to the company (eg. “I am an XYZ customer”).

Let them know exactly what you’re complaining about, without using emotional or abusive language.

Give specific location, time and date if appropriate.

Make it clear what you would like them to do in response.

You might also want to include a warning, such as “If this is not resolved, I will be forced to take my business elsewhere.”

Throughout your letter of complaint, your tone should be polite but assertive. Don’t make ridiculous threats or demand an unreasonable compensation – but also don’t be afraid to tell them about the inconvenience or financial loss that you’ve suffered. You can practice writing a letter of complaint here, or use the example below as a model:

I recently ordered several party platters of food from your store in Littletown, including one platter of seafood. The food was delivered two hours late, and the seafood platter was missing. I had to spend $40 to purchase extra food at short notice for my party. This was very inconvenient, as I had to drive to the store when I had planned to be with my guests.

I have never used your party platter service in the past, and regret to say that I very much doubt I will be doing so again unless you can assure me that this was an isolated incident. Although I was not charged for the seafood platter, I would be grateful for compensation in view of the inconvenience – and cost – of buying replacement food at such short notice.

I would send it to the guest relations address, but I think for it to really be effective you should send a copy by US mail to the attention of Vivian Ewart, Vice President for Passenger Services. She was the person who signed my (and I'm assuming all) cancellation letter.

thanks,

sonja

I must have misunderstood! I though your cruise was switched and you were angry because you don't like the Epic? I didn't read in your other posts that yours was cancelled?

these are the options

1. i can book a cruise on the epic between x date and y date

2. i can book any cruise at the published fare until march of 2017.

#2 is an option? i want to write a letter to express myself to NCL....I am platinum....loyalty means little these days i understand......I do not like the EPIC....so, i'd like to know if there are any other options and I need an email address. Thanks for all your help.

my booking agent didn't cancel the cruise, NCL did....so I'd like any and all email addresses where I may address what I need to say....

thank you again in advance..

sonja

Well if I don't know what you want to say or what you're trying to accomplish, I wouldn't have a clue which address would be the "best" for you.

With all of the requests they must process, I can't see how they'd have the time to deal with random emails or people just trying to vent. It just isn't productive for anyone to simply pass out email addresses for no definable purpose.

It's probably best to deal with your booking agent or simply cancel and find a suitable alternative.

Am I wrong in thinking we should just wait till the 17th and if options are not to our satisfaction then take it up the chain of command?

I know the letter sent gave me the option to rebook with price protection by moving up the cruise a year which I can't do.

I booked my trip through a TA vs NCL. The Ta said they have received a lot of calls from upset customers but when they tried to contact NCL they were told everyone had to wait until the 17th so call back then.

I have my eye on an alternative 7 night cruise in the same time frame as my canceled cruise but not a price protection offered option. The price for my same category stateroom on the 7 night cruise is a couple thousand more though and only one room left. I was hoping that NCL could do a courtesy hold on the one remaining stateroom left but they cant. Who knows if price protection offer will extend to a similar cruise within the same timeframe as original booking. I'm hoping it will but that would be contrary to what the letter said.

My options are 1. book the last avail stateroom in my category on the hopeful replacement cruise and put another $1500 deposit down and wait to see if the price protection will extend to the time frame of canceled cruise.

2. Hope that the price protection extends and the one remaining stateroom in my category is available come the 17th and grab it.

or 3. Start working up the chain now and against what NCL letter instructed us to do. Somehow my gut tells me they really are not going to enforce the sail a year early or tough luck and they are just getting all the options ready come the 17th and I should just wait and do what they want which is wait till the 17th. But if they really are going to enforce the cruise a year early or you can rebook at a much higher cost- well then I'm going to try to escalate the concern up a chain or at least try. Not even sure this can be done if booked with a ta.

Don't misunderstand. I already booked something else during my original timeframe with a different cruise line. I just don't like the way they went about things. Ty again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't misunderstand. I already booked something else during my original timeframe with a different cruise line. I just don't like the way they went about things. Ty again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh we understand perfectly.

You won't get any special apologies, accommodation or compensation no matter how many tyrannical emails you blast out to any addresses you can take in.

If it makes you feel better to send an email, then send it. What harm can it do? I'm not sure why anyone would tell you not to send it. Sometimes its just cathartic. Why not send it and copy all the addresses you have?

You are so right! I sent one, knowing full well it won't change anything. It does make me feel a little better knowing that I have expressed my opinion about the way this was handled and the (IMO) poor options presented to booked passengers.

Thanks for clogging up the e-mail system for those that have real problems that need special attention right away. Why don't you vent after the 17th like everyone else is going to do. It's no wonder that communication between NCL and it's customers is so slow. Do you actually think that NCL will accommodate you? There are cruises cancelled all the time all over the industry with ample time for the customer to make changes. Just because yours got cancelled doesn't mean that NCL has to make you feel better, you were given options. You didn't like what was offered so you changed cruise lines, good for you. But please...............

Thanks for clogging up the e-mail system for those that have real problems that need special attention right away. Why don't you vent after the 17th like everyone else is going to do. It's no wonder that communication between NCL and it's customers is so slow. Do you actually think that NCL will accommodate you? There are cruises cancelled all the time all over the industry with ample time for the customer to make changes. Just because yours got cancelled doesn't mean that NCL has to make you feel better, you were given options. You didn't like what was offered so you changed cruise lines, good for you. But please...............

That's right! Great post!

I don't expect NCL to accommodate me, however it's my right to express my opinion to them if I want to, and that's what I did before I moved on. If you wouldn't contact them, that's your preference, but there's no need to call out those who react differently.

I disagree on one point...while there are cruises cancelled all the time throughout the industry, I don't recall ever reading about the redeployment of five ships that have been taking reservations for several months. Surely you don't think that major redeployments involving multiple ships and tens of thousands of booked passengers are commonplace, do you?

My father passed away while I was on a cruise in April on another line. Yes, these things happen all the time. The way it was handled by one particular girl behind the desk was deplorable. My husband wrote a letter and lo and behold....I was compensated quite a bit. I cannot begin to tell you that they need to train service people to handle things like this. I really don't think it's anyone's place to tell other people not to email so as not to clog up the email system. We are going to do what we are going to do. All of us. On that note, I am finished here. Thanks for all your opinions and information. And under no circumstance would I ever call Del Rio's cell number. I want everything documented. lol

I've seen many complaint letters here, and most are poorly writte, too emotional.

Letters of Complaint

If you have received poor service or have been dissatisfied with a product, you can write to the company involved to make a complaint. To get the result you want, such as a refund, follow these tips:

Explain clearly who you are in relation to the company (eg. “I am an XYZ customer”).

Let them know exactly what you’re complaining about, without using emotional or abusive language.

Give specific location, time and date if appropriate.

Make it clear what you would like them to do in response.

You might also want to include a warning, such as “If this is not resolved, I will be forced to take my business elsewhere.”

Throughout your letter of complaint, your tone should be polite but assertive. Don’t make ridiculous threats or demand an unreasonable compensation – but also don’t be afraid to tell them about the inconvenience or financial loss that you’ve suffered. You can practice writing a letter of complaint here, or use the example below as a model:

I recently ordered several party platters of food from your store in Littletown, including one platter of seafood. The food was delivered two hours late, and the seafood platter was missing. I had to spend $40 to purchase extra food at short notice for my party. This was very inconvenient, as I had to drive to the store when I had planned to be with my guests.

I have never used your party platter service in the past, and regret to say that I very much doubt I will be doing so again unless you can assure me that this was an isolated incident. Although I was not charged for the seafood platter, I would be grateful for compensation in view of the inconvenience – and cost – of buying replacement food at such short notice.

In my opinion, the best source for complaining is the book "Shocked, Appaled and Dismayed". It teaches to open and close with positives. Here is an example:

I have shopped at Joe's Market for twenty years and have always found the service to be excellent.

However, yesterday at 2 pm my cashier was Greg and I had to wait while he was texting. Due to this mishap missed my bus and had to wait an hour for the next one. As it turned out that bus had a flat and I missed my transfer. I don't drive and this shopping trip for 10 items ended up taking 4 hours instead of 2.

I would appreciate your reviewing this incident so I can return again and receive the service I was accustomed to. I love your produce so, although another store is closer I choose Joe's.

I would appreciate a response to my letter so I can be assured that you are addressing the issues that myself and other loyal customers have come to expect.

NEVER say you will not be back. Say you will give them a chance to regain your business. And do it. Most companies who receive threats of no return file it in the round file.

Rant over. I was bored.

I don't expect NCL to accommodate me, however it's my right to express my opinion to them if I want to, and that's what I did before I moved on. If you wouldn't contact them, that's your preference, but there's no need to call out those who react differently.

I disagree on one point...while there are cruises cancelled all the time throughout the industry, I don't recall ever reading about the redeployment of five ships that have been taking reservations for several months. Surely you don't think that major redeployments involving multiple ships and tens of thousands of booked passengers are commonplace, do you?

It's interesting that you think you have a right to "express your opinion to them", but then you don't think that others here have a right to express their opinion ("there's no need to call out those who react differently").

FWIW, nobody is saying a person can't complain if they want to. All we're saying is that if you're just trying to vent, don't do it through our contact list.

My father passed away while I was on a cruise in April on another line. Yes, these things happen all the time. The way it was handled by one particular girl behind the desk was deplorable. My husband wrote a letter and lo and behold....I was compensated quite a bit. I cannot begin to tell you that they need to train service people to handle things like this. I really don't think it's anyone's place to tell other people not to email so as not to clog up the email system. We are going to do what we are going to do. All of us. On that note, I am finished here. Thanks for all your opinions and information. And under no circumstance would I ever call Del Rio's cell number. I want everything documented. lol
Why don't you write a letter to Mr. Del Rio and Mr. Stuart and send it overnight? Seems like it would have a bigger impact then just an email that might not be read by the person it is addressed to.