Cruising in November? Thoughts and Experiences please!

AXF0428

Hi!

I'm new here! :) I will be boarding Allure of the Seas in November 29 2015 for a week and was wondering how cruising in November is? I was a little skeptical in booking the cruise thinking that it's the weekend after Thanksgiving and also it start's getting cold this time of year (sometimes) So, was wondering if any experienced cruisers can tell me about their experience sailing in November. You know what's even more terrifying then experiencing cold seas? Rough seas!:eek: So does anyone know if the waters are rough that time of year?

Please share xoxo :p

If you're going to the Caribbean it won't be "cold". I see you're from Miami....is it "cold" in Miami in November? (of course, cold is subjective, but no....it's never "cold" in the Caribbean. We usually cruise the Caribbean in JanFeb and it's not cold then. You can usually get a good deal on cruises in Nov/Dec as a lot of folks are so pre-occupied with holiday season festivities, there is not a big demand for cruises, then. If t would be unusual, but you might have a very end of season hurricane, possible....yes, but unlikely.

Definitely not cold. We cruise every year - Thanksgiving week and the week after Thanksgiving. We have never encountered even "cool" weather. Mostly sunny and hot. I don't notice a difference in the seas. We also usually do 2 cruises in the summer as well. We've hit "rough" water only on a few occasions and at different times of the year. We love cruising in November(as well as every other month of the year)!

Awesome! Miami can definitely vary in weather! One minute it's cold and next it's hot so it's hard to tell how it will be in the Caribbean. I've Sailed April and September and in September I experienced tough waters. However, this ship is huge! so from what I've heard the larger the ship the less you feel? How about rooms? I am in deck 8 forward.... any one have experience with that?

Awesome! Miami can definitely vary in weather! One minute it's cold and next it's hot so it's hard to tell how it will be in the Caribbean.

The Caribbean doesn't get the cold fronts that might hit Florida. The temperature is much more even = warm. As to cold: people in Miami put on a ski jacket when Canadians wear t-shirts and flip-flops.

Late November is a lovely time to cruise. It's just before the rush of the holidays and it probably won't be too hectic on board. Your itinerary will take you to Jamaica, Mexico and Haiti which will be warm but, not too overpowering.

Have a lovely cruise.

Jonathan

We did a 5-day western on the Liberty of the Seas last November and it was the "best" cruise, weather-wise, we've ever taken. The temperatures were low 80's and there was absolutely no rain, which we've never enjoyed in the Caribbean before. Seas were light the entire trip. Cozumel (if that's a port stop for you) was just as crazy-busy as it ever has been and the ocean temps were cooler, but certainly bearable for splashing around in. We also ported in Belize and the conditions were great for a river-tube trip through the caves; cool and refreshing! I'd definitely go in November again.

P.S. We generally HATE the weather in Florida; too hot, humid and the heavy afternoon rains bug us. This cruise was combined with a "bucket list" couple of days spent driving down the Keys and back - the conditions were perfect for us! Temps in the mid-high 80's and much lower humidity than normal. No rain at all while we were on land either and we didn't notice that "wet dog" smell that we've come to associate with Florida being near so strong as it is in the summer. :D

We were on Allure last November. The weather was great! We happened to have an Owner's Suite on the ship and it was very roomy with a huge balcony. But we've been in a balcony cabin on Oasis (sister ship) and it was really good, too. On Allure, we especially liked 150 Central Park, Giovanni's Table and Izumi. Since we were on it, the Allure went through a dry dock where the MDR was divided into 4 different restaurants, added a suite lounge and restaurant and bar for suite guests.

As far as the seas, they were calm. Really, it all depends on if there is a storm or not. No storm and the seas are very calm, big storm in the area and you will feel some motion. But Allure is the largest ship in the world, so really, you are not going to feel much motion at all most of the time. All the same, it is always wise to come prepared with some Bonine. I even bring some Trans Derm Scops. Usually we don't need to use either, but we had a Med cruise a few years back and the day in the Bay of Biscay was crazy rough, so we were really glad to have the Trans Derm Scops. We put those on and went midship for the day to ride it out since the Captain shut down all outside decks. Luckily, overall the Caribbean is normally very smooth and enjoyable, so my expectation his that you won't have a problem. Just bring some Bonine (meclazine) just in case.