Future Cruise Credit

Cras108er

Last time we were on Princess, I vaguely remember buying a FCC. I just looked at my MY Princess Account and see a credit of $100, plus another $65 ($50 military credit and $15 onboard credit). I don't recall what the benefit of the FCC. I know there was some incentive to buy while you are on board. Can someone refresh my memory. If all you're doing is putting down a deposit that you can use later, it doesn't seem like much of an incentive. Thanks in advance!

The 15.00 OBC is from your FCC. That is the LEAST amount you will receive. If you book a longer cruise 7 day it will turn into $50.00 for a balcony room. If you book an inside it will be less. If the cruise is longer you may receive more. Go to the princess website and you will find exact amounts. Also, unless you are booking a world cruise, that FCC is all you need to put down as a deposit on any upcoming cruise, any catagory cabin.

Depending on the type of cabin and the length of the cruise determines the amount of OBC for the FCC. Remember the FCC does have an expiration date. Though it is refundable back to the original form it was charged or they will mail a check.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Last time we were on Princess, I vaguely remember buying a FCC. I just looked at my MY Princess Account and see a credit of $100, plus another $65 ($50 military credit and $15 onboard credit). I don't recall what the benefit of the FCC. I know there was some incentive to buy while you are on board. Can someone refresh my memory. If all you're doing is putting down a deposit that you can use later, it doesn't seem like much of an incentive. Thanks in advance!

* FCD's are for the holder of the FCD.

*$100 deposit amount, which is the amount paid for the FCD, rather than the normal amount.

* FCD's Expire two years after purchase and are fully refundable. They can be extended to book another cruise, but you have to call.

* OBC is based on the length of the cruise and your cabin category as follows:

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit*

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

Special deposit requirements exist for world cruises.

*$100 deposit amount, which is the amount paid for the FCD, rather than the normal amount.

* FCD's Expire two years after purchase and are fully refundable. They can be extended to book another cruise, but you have to call.

Thanks all! The higher OBC for longer cruises (and balconies sounds much more attractive, and is probably why I bought it). Otherwise, it didn't seem to make much sense. Now if they would just add a dose of extra memory to the deal, it would be golden. :)

How does it work if you have multiple FCCs? Presumably the $100 deposit applies but what about the OBC? Or is it one FCC per person per cruise?

Edit: I think I just asked a stupid question. You must get your original outlay back somehow.

Edited by Nezmo

How does it work if you have multiple FCCs? Presumably the $100 deposit applies but what about the OBC? Or is it one FCC per person per cruise?

Edit: I think I just asked a stupid question. You must get your original outlay back somehow.

One deposit per passenger per cruise, and thus, one OBC per passenger per cruise. FCD's can not be used to pay a portion of the cruise fare beyond the $100 deposit. Does not apply to 3rd and 4th berths.

If you have more than one FDC you use it on another cruise, or it is fully refundable if you let it expire. If you book a b2b you can use one FDC for each leg and get the OBC for each leg. You have to calculate the math to determine the best net cost.

If you are a couple each should purchase an FDC in their name, not two FDC's in a single name.

One deposit per passenger per cruise, and thus, one OBC per passenger per cruise. FCD's can not be used to pay a portion of the cruise fare beyond the $100 deposit. Does not apply to 3rd and 4th berths.

If you have more than one FDC you use it on another cruise, or it is fully refundable if you let it expire. If you book a b2b you can use one FDC for each leg and get the OBC for each leg. You have to calculate the math to determine the best net cost.

If you are a couple each should purchase an FDC in their name, not two FDC's in a single name.

Thanks.

Not true.

Additional FCDs in your name can be applied to the cruise fare, just with no OBC going with them.

It is soooo worth it. We each used a future cruise deposit to book our upcoming cruise and we are each getting $125 OBC absolutely free for doing so. How can one possibly lose? The reduced deposit isn't really a factor for us (of course with a non-refundable deposit it could come into play) but we are getting our $200 investment back in full plus the extra $250 OBC. I just can't find a downside.

So you are saying, if I have a cruise booked for Dec 2016, with deposit paid....if I go one a cruise this Dec, there's no sense in putting a fcc down, because they won't let me apply it to Dec 2016

Which was already my understanding, as princess' info reads....a new booking...

But I just wanted to see, if you can verify.

So you are saying, if I have a cruise booked for Dec 2016, with deposit paid....if I go one a cruise this Dec, there's no sense in putting a fcc down, because they won't let me apply it to Dec 2016

Which was already my understanding, as princess' info reads....a new booking...

But I just wanted to see, if you can verify.

I wouldn't say "there is no sense in putting a fcc down" as you may want to go on another cruise sometime between December of this year and December of 2017. But basically you are correct. You can't use a Future Cruise Deposit on a cruise you already have booked.

Edited by cactusrose

So, based on this information, I need to check the Princess website for a future cruise BEFORE boarding so I know if I'll need to buy a Future Cruise Credit. Have just learned that the Emerald Princess DOES have a Disabled Accessible Penthouse Suite AND there's a four day cruise I'm interested in, so would be an option if available in 2017-2018 season depending on timing re my budget. Also checked and found several other ships so now have a wider choice of cruises available to me! :D

We make sure to have two on hand for each of us. We learned the hard way that one isn't enough. Fortunately we were able to book a BVE in San Francisco and purchase more. It was a bit of a hassle to have to drive to SF but it made a nice little time on the ship and we did get to apply the cost of the BVE to our next cruise.

I don't plan to ever have fewer than two Future Cruise Deposits on hand for each of us. We each used one for our upcoming cruise in September and another apiece for our cruise next June which leaves us with only one each available but we will purchase more when we are onboard in September. :)

I thought the old 4 year FCC deal was a lot better. The OBCs, if I recall correctly, were more generous, and since I am now only cruising once a year it would be nice to be able to warehouse them longer.

The FCCs were changed in two steps in the same year, 2012.

In March they changed the amounts of OBC. Main changes were:

a) Oceanview cabins were put in the same category as inside cabins

b) 7-10 day category became 7-9 days

c) 11-16 day category became 10-15 days

In September they changed from being valid for four years to just two years.

So, based on this information, I need to check the Princess website for a future cruise BEFORE boarding so I know if I'll need to buy a Future Cruise Credit. Have just learned that the Emerald Princess DOES have a Disabled Accessible Penthouse Suite AND there's a four day cruise I'm interested in, so would be an option if available in 2017-2018 season depending on timing re my budget. Also checked and found several other ships so now have a wider choice of cruises available to me! :D

No need to already have a cruise identified. Just purchase the FCC and it will be waiting there for you to use for 4 years... My TA is notified when we purchase the FCC and applies them to our booking when we book our next cruise.

No need to already have a cruise identified. Just purchase the FCC and it will be waiting there for you to use for 4 years... My TA is notified when we purchase the FCC and applies them to our booking when we book our next cruise.

That's good to know. I've been eagerly scouring the website looking for cruises that fit my VERY specific requirements: in Australian waters; on either Golden or Emerald as I need the Handicapped Accessible Bathroom and also WANT the Suite Perks. There's a couple of possibilities with the Emerald, including 1 from Freemantle to Sydney. I'd need to look into getting down to Freemantle, don't drive, and struggle on a bus. That's a 7 day cruise. I'm hoping about 12-18 months between cruises. If I can get the Tasmanian 8 day itinerary on the Emerald at a time that suits me-would be MARVELLOUS to actually BE aboard for my 60th birthday, I'll take it! It does mean sailing out of Sydney, well I've found a good Airport hotel that is reasonable and could taxi to the port. Oh, must check Sydney Port timetable to see where the Emerald berths, I know the Golden is the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

I already have a cruise booked and deposit paid. Would it make any sense to book a BVE and buy FCC to apply to that cruise? Can you buy FCC for other people not on the cruise?

You cannot purchase the FCC for someone not on with you ( I haven't done the BVE but when purchasing on a cruise that is the rule). Also, once the cruise if booked I dont believe you are permitted to apply the FCC at a later date- my understanding is that you have to apply the FCC at the time of booking as they want to incentivize you to book additional cruises. if someone has had a different experience with that hopefully they will chime in).

I already have a cruise booked and deposit paid. Would it make any sense to book a BVE and buy FCC to apply to that cruise? Can you buy FCC for other people not on the cruise?

No, they must be purchased by the person who will use them.

I think I have read where someone was able to apply the FCC to a booked cruise. I am sure there is a way around it. It is free OBC so why not do it.