Future Cruise Credit

Cras108er

No, they must be purchased by the person who will use them.

I think I have read where someone was able to apply the FCC to a booked cruise. I am sure there is a way around it. It is free OBC so why not do it.

The way around it is to cancel the booking and make a new one.

(Sometimes when you threaten to do this, the agent will just apply the FCC to save him/her some work)

Edited by caribill

It is soooo worth it. We each used a future cruise deposit to book our upcoming cruise and we are each getting $125 OBC absolutely free for doing so. How can one possibly lose? The reduced deposit isn't really a factor for us (of course with a non-refundable deposit it could come into play) but we are getting our $200 investment back in full plus the extra $250 OBC. I just can't find a downside.

Totally agree. we bought a FCC for each of us last Dec on Ruby that we are using for a 2016 Dec Regal. FCC's were automatically applied along with the OBC, Military OBC and some other OBC's.

While on Regal we will buy another FCC to use on the next Princess cruise

They told us that we were not able to use our FCC's last year for a booking of a "segment of a world cruise", but they did give us a discount on the fare.

Right. That is in the conditions printed at the bottom of the FCC/FCD form.

"FCDs are not applicable to World Cruises or any World Cruise Segments. For full World Cruises or World Cruise Segments the FCD offer is a reduced deposit of 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3%."

That 3% discount is usually better than the OBC offer that does not apply which is capped at $125 to $150.

You cannot purchase the FCC for someone not on with you ( I haven't done the BVE but when purchasing on a cruise that is the rule). Also, once the cruise if booked I don't believe you are permitted to apply the FCC at a later date- my understanding is that you have to apply the FCC at the time of booking as they want to incentivize you to book additional cruises. if someone has had a different experience with that hopefully they will chime in).

We went on a BVE and a lady asked that question, the answer was "no" with a :D.

Also, once the cruise if booked I dont believe you are permitted to apply the FCC at a later date- my understanding is that you have to apply the FCC at the time of booking as they want to incentivize you to book additional cruises. if someone has had a different experience with that hopefully they will chime in).

A booking may have a different answer from a hold. When we had to reschedule a cruise we had booked with a FCC, I placed the desired booking on hold and called Princess the next day. They easily applied the FCC and OBC to the new cruise. However, I had not put a deposit on that cruise yet (hence the hold), so you might not be able to do it once the booking is past "hold" status.

Emerald princess will also be at OPT as she will be to big to sail under the Harbour Bridge, the smaller sun class ships leave from White Bay.

THANK YOU! The airport hotel is less than half the price of the hotel near Circular Quay! I have Taxi Vouchers that halve the cost-up to $40 metered fare, over that I pay full price, so would be better flying in the day before, going straight to the hotel and having dinner there, then getting the taxi to the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

This 1st time on the Golden Princess, I'm arranging to stay with my cousins for 3 nights and they'll bring me down to the ship. Yes, in gratitude for them helping me save AUD$459 on the hotel price, and that was this year as haven't got next year's prices yet but expecting AUD$500 possibly, I will DEFINITELY make sure there's some treats for them and their gorgeous dogs, who I will FINALLY get to meet!

A booking may have a different answer from a hold. When we had to reschedule a cruise we had booked with a FCC, I placed the desired booking on hold and called Princess the next day. They easily applied the FCC and OBC to the new cruise. However, I had not put a deposit on that cruise yet (hence the hold), so you might not be able to do it once the booking is past "hold" status.

Yes, but if a regular deposit has been paid, can't you still apply the FCD as partial payment to the balance owing? You just don't get the minimum $100 deposit unless can cancel and re-book without losing any "goodies".

Yes, but if a regular deposit has been paid, can't you still apply the FCD as partial payment to the balance owing? You just don't get the minimum $100 deposit unless can cancel and re-book without losing any "goodies".

You can apply it as payment, but, unless it was used to book the cruise originally, you get no OBC.