How many chairs are on the Caribe deck balconies?

calisilent

Hello,

I am inquiring of anyone who has experience with the Ruby Princess. I am wondering with the extended balconies on the Caribe deck 10, are there more than two deck chairs on each balcony, or are there lounge chairs included? If we have more than two people in our cabin will there be seating for them? Has anyone ever asked the steward for additional deck chairs if needed or is that just not possible?

Cathy

There's only 2 chairs, a table and 2 foot stools. I find that the foot stools are a nuisance for us. We stack them into a corner out of the way. There's plenty of room on the Caribe deck for another chair.

Edited by elliair

We use the foot stools as chairs when we have company. And the vanity chair if another is needed. We have had six people on our Caribe deck balcony for drinks before dinner. Ladies sat and the only guy stood at the railing. Great time!

Don't count on getting the foot rests either. Last time I was on the Ruby we had an aft corner balcony - a deluxe balcony cabin category - and were told we had to have a mini suite to get them. And only 2 chairs despite the fact we had a huge balcony. Time before that we had an end mini on Emerald deck with the extended balcony and only had the 2 chairs. When we asked for another we were told we could only have 2 for safety reasons even though the balcony could hold a half dozen easily. I sure dislike the "new" furniture especially when they won't even give you a foot rest. I figured out how to sit on them comfortably with a number of pillows and something to raise the front legs an inch off the ground but really, how cheap can you get Princess?

Don't count on getting the foot rests either. Last time I was on the Ruby we had an aft corner balcony - a deluxe balcony cabin category - and were told we had to have a mini suite to get them.

Someone must have been too lazy to go get them or something. I always have the stools on a balcony. (Not that they are any good.)

We use the foot stools as chairs when we have company. And the vanity chair if another is needed. We have had six people on our Caribe deck balcony for drinks before dinner. Ladies sat and the only guy stood at the railing. Great time!

Lucky guy!

..Wonder if Stewart was throwing them overboard?

Only if passengers didn't beat him to it :)!

On my last cruise on the Golden (my first with the new chairs), neighbors were dragging their upholstered cabin chairs out on the balcony to use, and stacking the balcony chairs in the corner. I made do by using bed pillows to cushion them.

I sure hope Princess got a great deal on the balcony furniture, because it is some of the most uncomfortable I have encountered anywhere :(.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

What a shame. We travel with another couple and always have adjoining Caribe balconies (which we pay a premium for....never use to). Hate it when they start nickel diming things like that. The foot stools were so nice!

No footstools on a recent cruise. I'm not comfortable sitting without being able to prop my fee up, so I resorted to buying an inflatable beach ball and only inflating it about 2/3 full. I think my cabin mate thought I was crazy, but it work fine as a foot rest. When not in use I stored it out of the way behind the drapes, and at the end of the cruise just deflated it, tucked it in a corner of my suitcase, and brought it home with me for the next cruise.

I do miss the good old days when Caribe deck balconies had 2 chairs, 2 tilt-back chairs, and 2 footstools, plus a decent size table.

No footstools on a recent cruise. I'm not comfortable sitting without being able to prop my fee up, so I resorted to buying an inflatable beach ball and only inflating it about 2/3 full. I think my cabin mate thought I was crazy, but it work fine as a foot rest. When not in use I stored it out of the way behind the drapes, and at the end of the cruise just deflated it, tucked it in a corner of my suitcase, and brought it home with me for the next cruise.

I do miss the good old days when Caribe deck balconies had 2 chairs, 2 tilt-back chairs, and 2 footstools, plus a decent size table.

The beach balls are a great idea and would be so easy to bring from home tucked in the suitcase. Thank you!

Thank you all for your answers. I just wanted to know what to expect. Too bad it sounds like the chairs are not so comfy. Maybe Princess doesn't want us spending too much time out there when we could be on deck ordering drinks! ;)

We will be on the Emerald this winter in a Caribe balcony stateroom. Will there only be 2 chairs on our balcony on the Emerald? And what about the table? The last Caribe balcony we had on a different ship just had a tiny cocktail table. I would really like to have a dining-size table like we had on a BB balcony on the stern of the Diamond. So much better for breakfast or lunch on our balcony if it it's a normal size table vs. the little cocktail table.

Edited by tennisobo

Last fall on an aft corner balcony on the Crown we only had a small cocktail table and two of the new chairs. When we asked our cabin steward about footstools , after speaking with his supervisor the "best" they could do was provide two of the old white poolside tables. We appreciated him trying to make our cruise a little more comfortable but we were very disappointed in the lack of seating and a table that could precariously accommodate no more 2 glasses and one small plate.

Louden