Guarantee W Suite question

Cheffiecruiser

Booked the cruise, now curious as to when we will get our stateroom assignment. Also, am I able to do any pre booking without a assigned suite?

you will get your stateroom assignment any time from now until you check in at the pier. No way of knowing exactly.

You can pre-book because it is linked to your reservation number, not your cabin number.

A fellow cruiser on next Sunday's Summit cruise booked a suite guarantee a couple of months ago and is still waiting for her cabin assignment. The ship has been showing sold out for a couple of weeks on the Celebrity website. The last email I gotfrom her indicated that she had been told that she will have her cabin assignment on Monday.

Edited by MisterBill99

I bought our W suite for a triple about 7 weeks before sailing, the cabin was listed on my X account the next morning. I use a TA, and it was the exact same cabin I had had on hold for more $ under a senior price..not sure if that had any impact on the assignment, or the fact there were only a few triple suites left.

Though have done AQ W before...same, the cabin listed the next morning, both times it was well past final payment day.

A fellow cruiser on next Sunday's Summit cruise booked a suite guarantee a couple of months ago and is still waiting for her cabin assignment. The ship has been showing sold out for a couple of weeks on the Celebrity website. The last email I gotfrom her indicated that she had been told that she will have her cabin assignment on Monday.

We booked a W on the Summit a couple of years ago out of San Juan. I had booked guarantees before and always received our cabin assignment within a few days of booking. However, we waited and waited and finally 3 days prior to going to San Juan received our assignment. It was worth waiting for. It was the sky suite that connects to the Penthouse Suite and is sometimes used as a second bedroom for the PH if they need it. Thus, it is decorated just like the PH and the bathroom is huge. You also get the same butler as the PH so you know he is good. Not saying that is what will happen to you but sometimes the wait is worth it!

We have booked at least 4 suite guarantees in the past and each time was unique. Once we landed in a Celebrity suite for a 12 day cruise. Once in an aft corner, once in an aft middle and now today is a different situation. All the others were assigned more than 3 weeks ahead of sailing. We are now waiting to be assigned for a cruise on the 23rd. I was told by reservations we would hear by this AM but, alas, nothing happened. Maybe this means they are giving us a Royal Suite. Haha. Let you know what happens.

We are now waiting to be assigned for a cruise on the 23rd. I was told by reservations we would hear by this AM but, alas, nothing happened. Maybe this means they are giving us a Royal Suite. Haha.

Still nothing, eh? Maybe they're going to give you the Captain's cabin for the week!

Edited by MisterBill99

Booked the cruise, now curious as to when we will get our stateroom assignment. Also, am I able to do any pre booking without a assigned suite?

It appears to be at the discretion of Celebrity. This last time, we were allocated a number around 24 hours after booking. This allowed us the opportunity to transfer to another available cabin which we felt was better located.

Still nothing, eh? Maybe they're going to give you the Captain's cabin for the week!

I just hope they save cabin for us. At least we're only driving from Philly to the pier and not having to deal with planes on Sunday. Jus luggage tags!!

well, they didn't save a suite for us. Never had this happen before and am very disappointed. Has this happened to anyone else out there/

Geez, Louise. Don't leave us hanging like that! Details, please!

The ship has been showing sold out for a couple of weeks on the Celebrity website.8ce19.jpg

After much negotiating we are sailing in an aqua balcony and they refunded most of the money- however, when we booked in early July there were 7 suites available. And if there weren't any suites available they shouldn't have sold us one. The choice we were given was- take the deck 11 aqua cabin and get refund or don't sail and get refund- but no luminae, specialty dining, took away 123 perks. NOT a nice way of dealing with a customer who only has booked suites (not necessarily guarantees in the past (we're elite so we've cruised a little with Celebrity) Sorry, I'm really quite disappointed and a bit angry. But as my 7 yr.old grandson was taught in preschool- You get what you get and don't be upset. Thank you all for your concern. It looks like we got a great deal but it is our 49th anniversary (next year we aren't cruising on celebrity for our 50th!

After much negotiating we are sailing in an aqua balcony and they refunded most of the money- however, when we booked in early July there were 7 suites available. And if there weren't any suites available they shouldn't have sold us one. The choice we were given was- take the deck 11 aqua cabin and get refund or don't sail and get refund- but no luminae, specialty dining, took away 123 perks. NOT a nice way of dealing with a customer who only has booked suites (not necessarily guarantees in the past (we're elite so we've cruised a little with Celebrity) Sorry, I'm really quite disappointed and a bit angry. But as my 7 yr.old grandson was taught in preschool- You get what you get and don't be upset. Thank you all for your concern. It looks like we got a great deal but it is our 49th anniversary (next year we aren't cruising on celebrity for our 50th!

That is really disappointing. Hope the refund is a lot more than the difference between Aqua and Suite.

What's the old Irish saying about throwing salt over your shoulder to let the past disappear. Whatever it is, I hope you can discard the bad feelings and have a great cruise.

In quite a few years on the boards, this is the first time I have ever heard of a guarantee in any category not being honored. Actually kind of scary, those of us who book guarantees on a regular basis may have reason to be concerned. It's nice that they compensated you somewhat adequately but they had no business offering to guarantee if they didn't have a room for you. I guess modern luxury has taken a new turn

Edited by CathyCruises

That is really disappointing. Hope the refund is a lot more than the difference between Aqua and Suite.

What's the old Irish saying about throwing salt over your shoulder to let the past disappear. Whatever it is, I hope you can discard the bad feelings and have a great cruise.

As I posted on the other thread I would expect that they should have received a full refund and a free cruise since this is a major mix up. Celebrity should have been been able to make an offer to someone to move off the ship to create a suite opening. I cannot understand how Celebrity would not leave a suite available for each reservation.

Why would they take away your 123 perks?!? You didn't cancel. I'm not usually a fan of those who write a letter to the cruise line, but in your case, I would.

I've heard of this happening on Peincess a lot where it seems that they used to overbook betting that some people would cancel before final payment, but never on Celebrity.

You have me worried. We have a guarantee (only thing available)!on an upcoming cruise and there are only 2 rooms left. We haven't been assigned and I am sure that X is waiting to see if there are cancellations but I would hate to get a lower class cabin or worse- no cabin at all!

We have had a guarantee on our Celebrity cruise out of Venice since February and were just informed Friday, 5 days before flying to Europe, that we were cancelled DESPITE our having a GUARANTEED cabin. We NEVER book guaranteed but this was the only way Celebrity would accept our reservation in February and they NEVER said we'd be booted, especially this close to sailing. They offered other cruises in exchange but we've done them all and will only refund any payments made through them. Our hotel in Venice is not covered nor are the excursions we booked in advance through outfits like AP Tours and Tours by Locals.

This is the second time we've been booted by Celebrity. Another time our whole ship was chartered by a private group and we were offered a different week to cruise with just some perks to compensate us. Thank heaven we live in Florida and didn't fly down to cruise. However, we had several weeks notice so that helped. This time it's been 5 days! We'll never book a guaranteed cabin again.

Edited by owllady2250