Assault on Indy. Adult guest assaults child guest

Boy screwed up with his offer. No doubt about it. The kid is going to have to improve his game or he'll be dating magazines.

Girl screwed up telling Mommy/Daddy. Somethings are just not said but rather dealt with. Maybe she's a young drama queen & just wanted a bit of attention.

Unlce screwed up by taking action himself. His best move was to seek and find a bigger kid to do the dirty work of intimidation. But this guy wanted the glory from his family with a 'I'll handle this crap' mentality.

Daddy...screwed up by being there at 2am AFTER he received an apology. He has liability as well for this foolishness.

Bottomline, something had to be done. When RCCL gets the complaint, reviews the tape, sees a grown man drop his pants on a kid, it has to be reported to the local authorities. The police had to make the formal arrest and now it's up to the court system sort this crap out.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

He didn't offer her money or anything of value in exchange for sex.

I'm sorry that you're wrong in assuming that a minor victim of an assault committed by a person of majority is somehow criminally implicated in said assault.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I never said any of the above. You asked what crime the boy committed and it can be argued solicitation. I'm not saying he did, but based on the very few details in the story it's a possibility. He attempted to entice someone to engage in an illegal act. Or he just acted stupidly.

Boy screwed up with his offer. No doubt about it. The kid is going to have to improve his game or he'll be dating magazines.

Girl screwed up telling Mommy/Daddy. Somethings are just not said but rather dealt with. Maybe she's a young drama queen & just wanted a bit of attention.

Unlce screwed up by taking action himself. His best move was to seek and find a bigger kid to do the dirty work of intimidation. But this guy wanted the glory from his family with a 'I'll handle this crap' mentality.

Daddy...screwed up by being there at 2am AFTER he received an apology. He is liability as well for this foolishness.

Bottomline, something had to be done. When RCCL gets the complaint, reviews the tape, sees a grown man drop his pants on a kid, it has to be reported to the local authorities. The police had to make the formal arrest and now it's up to the court system sort this crap out.

Could you imagine the outcry if Royal had NOT contacted the police? How many of these people saying he shouldn't have been charged would be outraged that the cruise line allowed an adult passenger to force a child to remove his pants and push him face down into a couch without notifying the authorities?

The boy and his family can thank their lucky stars that the uncle didn't follow through on what was probably Plan A when he forced the kid to drop his pants and pushed his face into the couch. What the boy said to the girl would become a tiny footnote to this story, if mentioned at all. And the girl's father, as an accomplice to pedophilia, rape, or whatever the court would call it, probably wouldn't have walked away scot-free.

I'm glad the ship managed to catch it on surveillance tape and turn the attacker over to law enforcement.

I find some of the comments in this thread to be absolutely appalling. Are we really shaming a young girl for telling her dad about this? We don't know the whole story, but that girl had every right to tell her dad what happened. She isn't being a "drama queen" or a "floozie", unreal people. Rape culture is alive and well in this country. I hope the girl or her family doesn't read this. A bunch of grown men and women calling their daughter a s//t because she told her parent something that made her uncomfortable? Do you really think she was "asking for it"? I can't believe the ignorance and judgement of some people. NO WOMAN ASKS FOR THIS. Women deal with men being disgusting every day, all day. To have to deal with this at such a young age already, makes me sad. I feel bad for this young lady, she didn't ask for any of this.

The dad should have approached the boy's parents and handled it with them. What he said was inappropriate, but it's not the girl's dad or uncle's job to do that. He needs to be taught to think and act with respect toward women. That job belongs to his parents, I'm sure they would have been upset with him.

The uncle should absolutely go to jail, what he did was assault a minor.

Speculating beyond that is reckless and quite honestly disgusting. I hope none of you ever have your kids placed in this type of situation, on either side of it. Please try and think about these things before you decide to pass judgement on someone.

Has anyone actually defended the adult? I may have missed it if they did. The uncle was wrong, and was arrested and the courts will deal with him from there.

Echoing other's comments, this entire thread is a prime example of slut shaming and rape culture. We still have no idea if the girl was 5 or 15 (and presumably will never know). Maybe it was a 7 year old who went back to her parents and asked "what's a virginity?"

A lot of people are still missing the point that the boy apologised to the father on Thursday, and the incident that took place at 2am on Sunday. The likelihood is that something happened to set off the second incident.

Has anyone actually defended the adult? I may have missed it if they did. The uncle was wrong, and was arrested and the courts will deal with him from there.

Echoing other's comments, this entire thread is a prime example of slut shaming and rape culture. We still have no idea if the girl was 5 or 15 (and presumably will never know). Maybe it was a 7 year old who went back to her parents and asked "what's a virginity?"

A lot of people are still missing the point that the boy apologised to the father on Thursday, and the incident that took place at 2am on Sunday. The likelihood is that something happened to set off the second incident.

Exactly.

The girl and her supposed actions are not in question here.

The boy made a stupid comment, which is not a crime.

The uncle committed several crimes and will have to answer for them.

What's wrong with some of you? No body has any right to put his hands on some ones child! Never, never!

I totally agree. But let's not confuse a child w/ a punk kid asking for sex in exchange for a keychain. There's a huge difference. Having said this, an adult should not have even touched a punk kid.

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/teenage-boy-allegedly-sexually-assaulted-worker-ca/nnK3B/

Of course it's possible that details are missing in this article because all it said was the person tried to start a conversation with the boy. But, if you compare these two incidents, the uncle on RCCL was darn lucky that he wasn't arrested and thrown in the jail like the crew member.

Yes, it's legal to use lethal force to stop a sexual assault. Thank goodness there are "the kind of people" that would stop the rape of another person, "particularly a minor".

Come on now, youre not talking about RAPE here ... this was some stupid kid who earlier had made this lame offer to this girl. She turned him down, her father came and made him apologize to her ... and that should have been the end of it.

This was not a care of this "hero" uncle walking in and catching this boy in the act of sexually assaulting this chica .. come on now .. he was not doing anything heroic .. other than making himself feel like big man on the ship -- big show off .. a 30 yr old man beating on a 13 yr old kid who only had tried a dorky tasteless pick up line on this girl to try and get lucky. Far from a rape.

And before anyone else calls me out for racial comments, I am Latino -- so there.

Edited by F27TW

Come on now, youre not talking about RAPE here ... this was some stupid kid who earlier had made this lame offer to this girl. She turned him down, her father came and made him apologize to her ... and that should have been the end of it.

This was not a care of this "hero" uncle walking in and catching this boy in the act of sexually assaulting this chica .. come on now .. he was not doing anything heroic .. other than making himself feel like big man on the ship -- big show off .. a 30 yr old man beating on a 13 yr old kid who only had tried a dorky tasteless pick up line on this girl to try and get lucky. Far from a rape.

And before anyone else calls me out for racial comments, I am Latino -- so there.

I should clarify: I was not saying what the boy did could appear as rape on someone walking up on it, I was referring to the man, with his pants down, holding the boy face down on a couch after he forced the boy to lower his pants. That could be very easily seen as a sexual assault in progress.

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/local/teenage-boy-allegedly-sexually-assaulted-worker-ca/nnK3B/

Of course it's possible that details are missing in this article because all it said was the person tried to start a conversation with the boy. But, if you compare these two incidents, the uncle on RCCL was darn lucky that he wasn't arrested and thrown in the jail like the crew member.

Your reading comprehension leaves a bit to be desired... there was actual sexual conduct, not just a conversation attempt. :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------

Suazo-Batiz was working on the Carnival Valor as a stateroom steward Friday when he tried to start a conversation with a teenage boy in a sauna, said Maj. Tod Goodyear, a sheriff’s office spokesman.

“The victim then moved to a shower area to avoid the suspect when the alleged sexual conduct occurred,” Goodyear said. “Immediately following the incident the victim identified the crewmember to his father who detained him with the assistance of other passengers until ship security arrived.”

--------------------------------------------------

Heck, even the fact that a stateroom steward was in the sauna in the first place raises red flags.... they are not allowed to be in guest areas.

I should clarify: I was not saying what the boy did could appear as rape on someone walking up on it, I was referring to the man, with his pants down, holding the boy face down on a couch after he forced the boy to lower his pants. That could be very easily seen as a sexual assault in progress.

Absolutely, Jason .. I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Absolutely, Jason .. I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post.

That's what I was trying to tell that other person earlier: If someone comes up on a scene like that it could go very bad.

Like if I went to the grocery store and park my car and see the car beside me with a grown man with his pants around his ankles holding a child with their pants down around their ankles face down on a seat then I'd call the cops and then do whatever it takes to stop what's going on. I'd shoot the person if I had to. A decent person wouldn't allow that to go on.

It gave me the impression the uncle was probably gang affiliated back in Toledo. He definitely has intimidation as a learned and practiced skill. Without any personal knowledge, I'll bet that uncle has a record that includes violence and gang activity.

Why do I suspect that the uncle isn't going to return back to Florida for his trial? (well, not voluntarily, at least.)

That's what I was trying to tell that other person earlier: If someone comes up on a scene like that it could go very bad.

Like if I went to the grocery store and park my car and see the car beside me with a grown man with his pants around his ankles holding a child with their pants down around their ankles face down on a seat then I'd call the cops and then do whatever it takes to stop what's going on. I'd shoot the person if I had to. A decent person wouldn't allow that to go on.

God bless the second amendment! Only ever makes good happen.