Coffee Card

jilly08

Hello All,

I am new to Princess and also a coffee addict. I plan on purchasing the coffee card. I can't find any information about creamers for the brewed coffee. Does anyone know if they offer flavored creamers? If so, what type?

I will be on the Pacific Princess in a little over a month.

Thanks in advance.

Jill:)

Hello All,

I am new to Princess and also a coffee addict. I plan on purchasing the coffee card. I can't find any information about creamers for the brewed coffee. Does anyone know if they offer flavored creamers? If so, what type?

Thanks in advance.

My wife uses flavored creamers & she has never seen it on any ship so she brings her own French Vanilla small cups of coffee creamer

Edited by Astro Flyer

DH loves Hazelnut and when we took our first couple of cruises we brought the small creamers.

Now we bring the big jug for long trips and the smaller one for short trips. He almost always uses it up before the end of the cruise;)

It keeps just fine in the "chiller". We have even carried an open one cross country on our way to the ports in FLL and Houston...no problem. If there was anything in that stuff that would spoil, he would know it...he has a very sensitive stomach.

I bring my own Irish Cream coffee creamers. After I put 2 creamers in a cup of the so called coffee swill in the MDR or at the buffet it tastes pretty good. I had a server ask me once what I was putting in my coffee, he'd never seen them before. I've never seen any favored coffee creamers on any of the cruise ships we've been on. If your doctoring up your coffee I see little or no need to buy a coffee card. I did buy a coffee card this last cruise, my wife likes the hot chocolate at the IC. Happy Wife, Happy life!!

Also new to Princess, love my expresso/latte in the morning. We will be on the Caribbean Princess. Do they have a coffee bar? I'm sure I will figure it all out once onboard.

The International Cafe is the primary spot for your coffee drinks & there's another thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2248189) with the prices. Or you can get a $33.35 coffee card valid for 15 coffee drinks (good on any Princess cruise) & free brewed coffee for the duration of the cruise where purchased.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Everyone, I guess I will be looking for creamer in a grocery store near the port!

Jill

Or do like my wife who gets a large box of the small individual sizes & either securely packs them in her checked luggage or as part of the TSA allowable liquids in a quart bag in her carry-on luggage. :)

Or do like my wife who gets a large box of the small individual sizes & either securely packs them in her checked luggage or as part of the TSA allowable liquids in a quart bag in her carry-on luggage. :)

I'm going to Tahiti and I think I will have problems staying under 50 pounds for checked luggage so I probably won't have much extra carry on space. I'm going to keep looking around though. Hopefully I can find something that will fit.

Jill

Good idea but we bring enough stuff already. :eek:

Thanks Everyone, I guess I will be looking for creamer in a grocery store near the port!

There is a big market in Tahiti, but you may not be able to find USA products you are used to or even the type of product you are looking for.

Since almost everything has to be imported from thousands of miles away, almost everything not local is expensive.

There is a big market in Tahiti, but you may not be able to find USA products you are used to or even the type of product you are looking for.

Since almost everything has to be imported from thousands of miles away, almost everything not local is expensive.

That is true. But I'm going to have to chance it I guess. With everything else I 'need' to bring, this is just a 'want'. I'm sure I'll find something suitable.

Thanks for the info!

Jill

Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

Princess newbie here, but fellow coffee addict. Perhaps the baristas at the IC can give you a pump from the syrups used for flavored latte, plus regular creamer?

• 2 weeks later...
I'll let you know in a little over a month!

Jill

On the larger Princess ships, there are fully equipped coffee bars. They do not have flavored coffee cream but they do have flavorings (liquid) that they will add to your coffee. Don't know what they have on the Pacific Princess.

I always buy the coffee card since you can use it on subsequent Princess cruises. It also allows you to get freshly brewed coffee which is much better than the coffee at the buffet etc. As a fellow coffee addict, I always pack my insulated coffee mug.

On the larger Princess ships, there are fully equipped coffee bars. They do not have flavored coffee cream but they do have flavorings (liquid) that they will add to your coffee. Don't know what they have on the Pacific Princess.

I always buy the coffee card since you can use it on subsequent Princess cruises. It also allows you to get freshly brewed coffee which is much better than the coffee at the buffet etc. As a fellow coffee addict, I always pack my insulated coffee mug.

Thanks for the tip about the syrups. I'll be bringing along my mug as well. I'm sure I will find many things to my liking. :D

Jill

The specialty coffees are available at the Club Bar on deck 5 and at the bar at the entrance to the buffet on deck 9.