Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Spins, thanks for your nice words about my 'umble grub! I do so love my grilled meats ..... my kebabs and my flatbreads. It has taken me so long to learn how to cook simple food properly! :D

I haven't checked the SS site for prices ... I guess that with over 500 cruises all discounted at a base level of 50% with other credits and discounts added on to that base price I'd be suprised if the SS site has all those cruises at comparable prices.

So far as bumping is concerned to me it seems that if you are employing charter sales people which SS does, then you hive off specific weeks and get your sales team off their butt, or you don't sell charters. The only way to sell charters and bump is to be exceedingly generous to those you bump, but from the comments the bumping seems to be more often and the treatment hasn't thrilled everyone. This becomes a reputational issue and one asks why is this level of discounting happening to both open cruises and the potential charters on so many cruises suddenly. The seeming sudden surge of whole ship charters with the ensuing bumps might imply particularly low attractive prices. This is a rhetorical question as I do not know.

You and your hubby are much better informed about your DD's allergies. I've presumed her not eating bread is an allergy?

If so, I suggest you mention to her experimenting with some of the ancient flours. A lot of people with the various allergies seem to stop at first post and presume it's gluten or all wheat flours but from what I have read some find that it isn't so simple. If she enjoys bread but has an allergy she may find it useful and interesting to look at some of the more ancient flours as many have been suprised to find that they previously where allergic but they aren't to some of those. I bake bread with several ancient flours including einkorn, emmer, khoroasun or sometimes called kamut, or spelt. If you think of those ancient cultures ... they made flatbreads and loaves originally with those ancient flours so you will be having a loaf or pizza exactly as they would have tasted it which is fascinating.

Might be worth a try if allergies is the perceived issue.

Jeff Edited by UKCruiseJeff

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']Spins, thanks for your nice words about my 'umble grub! I do so love my grilled meats ..... my kebabs and my flatbreads. It has taken me so long to learn how to cook simple food properly! Jeff[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"] [U][I][B]YES!![/B][/I][/U] [B]Great food shots[/B] and details, plus many interesting discussions on cruise line sales practices, shifts, charters, etc., etc.

This newly added "Cooler" has just roared [B]over 100,000 views[/B]. Congratulations to all who have participated, dropped by, etc. Keep up the great postings and contributions. Been busy with lots of work and other duties. Am catching up a little this morning.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, [B][I]Sydney to Auckland adventure[/I][/B], getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:
[B][U][url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139[/url][/U][/B]
for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at [B]142,610 views[/B] for this posting.

Thanks Terry for the kind words .... good to see you are keeping busy.

I've always been intrigued in your continued and regular keen interest in the number of views ie view counts. I know you like to advertise your old threads presumably to increase views. I am genuinely puzzled ..... why do you consider view counts important/significant exactly? Do you think it is like viewers or listeners to tv or radio programmes, because I genuinely don't get it?

:confused:

Jeff

Meanwhile I'm starting to go through my videos and photos...

Corinth Canal was epic.... this one is from the bow.... I've got to convert the stern one and will upload that when its finished.

[url]https://youtu.be/Qdnm87Vdke4[/url] Edited by les37b

Greetings Coolers!

Hope all are doing well. Here are a couple more shots from our excursion to Acre from the port of Haifa, Israel.

This was taken looking up in an old mosque undergoing repair.

[IMG]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah111/MystyCC/DSC04178_zps9w9emcig.jpg[/IMG]

And this was taken on a walk through the market area of Acre.

[IMG]http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah111/MystyCC/DSC04215_zpsytcbxquo.jpg[/IMG]

Enjoy your day/evening all!

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']Who is this bloke Neil Pwun who crops up every year .....:D
.[/QUOTE]

Eurovision????? ! Russia.... Australia!!!! How's that work! Edited by les37b

Was watching [I]Veep[/I] on Catchup and when I switched back to TV it was this Eurovision screaming contest. I only caught about 30 seconds of it which, I hope, is below the threshold for a lethal dose.

Are ABBA still in it? And where did Cheryl's skirt end up? I think we should be told.

We were walking past a really nice restaurant the other night and OH said, ''Mmm, that smells wonderful.''

I thought, ''What the hell, I'll give her a treat.''

So we turned round and walked past it again.