Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

More important than the Brexit debacle is the fact that Leicester City need only secure 5 points from their last 3 matches to guarantee the Premiership title. Fewer if Spurs slip up. Could it really happen?

Hope not. I'm praying that Leicester slip up, though the fact Chelsea have declared they want Leicester to win and will do everything to ensure its not Spurs, it's pretty much a done deal.

Meanwhile a Dutch journalist has been detained and refused exit from Turkey for criticising the Premier.

This is what happens when you jump into bed with blackmailers. They become quite brazen with it. Luckily for them, the Russians were feeling generous after the shooting of their fighter.

Greetings Fellow Coolers!

Today we docked in Corfu, Greece. We had no excursion booked so we decided to walk from where the ship was docked at the New Port to the Old Fortress. It was about 2 kilometers. Here are a couple of pictures taken on our walk.

DSC04275_zpsuyrkh2aa.jpg

DSC04294_zps9cdbz82x.jpg

The food looks delicious J! Hope everyone is faring well!

Have a great day/evening!

So...l left scratch marks on the carpet as they carried me off the ship today! It's been a wonderful crossing but I'm glad to be home...met some really lovely folk and chilled out. Silver Spirit crew looked after me very well and I'm already missing them.......roll on November for yet another crossing.....in the meantime it's back down to earth with a huge thud.....

S[emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So...l left scratch marks on the carpet as they carried me off the ship today! It's been a wonderful crossing but I'm glad to be home...met some really lovely folk and chilled out. Silver Spirit crew looked after me very well and I'm already missing them.......roll on November for yet another crossing.....in the meantime it's back down to earth with a huge thud.....S

Today we docked in Corfu, Greece. We had no excursion booked so we decided to walk from where the ship was docked at the New Port to the Old Fortress. Hope everyone is faring well! Have a great day/evening!

Lots to enjoy!! Appreciate Jeff's tasty food shots, plus Fletcher's paella, etc. Loved the Corfu pictures from mysty. Have not been, yet, to this western Greek island and would like to go there in the future. It's on our "to-do" list. Welcome back to the "real world" for "S". Great, cute comments on "left scratch marks on the carpet as they carried me off the ship". Keep it coming!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 197,564 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Thanks for the welcome back...reality check today but did manage to unpack one case....for the first time the butler packed for me and boy did It make a huge difference to the usual pressure of that last day chaos. All my shoes were wrapped in SS tissue paper and nothing was creased.....so very easy to unpack.

Just a few months now before the next voyage so plenty of time to prepare......best thing today was getting my furry baby back........

S [emoji4]

S - Welcome back! So glad you had a lovely time. Sorry the weather is so hideous for you - I think January was better than this - we've even had snow and hail in Shrews!

Just 7 weeks now until we go - need to get my brain in gear for that one!

Mary

Hi all, Happy May! Wow, 2016 is flying by.

We are slowly recovering from the whirlwind cruise of the Danube, and the pre/post trip. It was our typical frenetic pace and we have been working every day since we got home, including weekends. Yesterday was my first day off since arriving home!

I actually had the time and energy to cook today. We found some nice halibut fillets at the market and I was feeling creative. First, I put some thick slices of garlic in a generous amount of olive oil, with a few hot peppers that I picked up in Zanzibar. I simmered that over low heat for a long time to infuse the oil with the flavors. Then I took out the garlic and saved it, tossed the peppers, and cooked the fish fillets (coated with a wisp of flour) in the hot oil. When the fish was done I cooked some cherry tomato halves for a minute, added a splash of white wine (Oregon Pinot Gris), then tossed the concoction with cooked pasta to make a nice base for the fish. A little pasta water to wet everything, and parsley for garnish. It was simple but delicious! And of course, the rest of the wine seemed to disappear quite rapidly. :D

upload_-1

upload_-1

Hope everyone else had/is having a great weekend. Time to curl up and watch a movie. The weather here has been abysmal today - less than 50 degrees, clouds, and rain all day. Yuck!

A lovely piccy of your halibut JP!er

Your sojourn to your natural if not chosen birthplace, with the focus on halibut reminded me of a lovely man we all (mostly) use to know the delightfully multilingual Peter Ustinov, who monologued a wonderful few minutes on halibut. I suspect that if you google his name and the fish you will enjoy it. I miss him and he is on my dinner party fantasy list.

Today, La Cucina has been prepared for the summer season, and our first lamb fillets arrive tomorrow. The flatbreads are arising.

1:50 am here in Blighty, wide awake but shortly to bed.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Greetings Coolers!

The halibut dish looks and sounds delicious JP! Halibut is one of my favourite fish.

You must be excited for the summer season of La Cucina J! We are looking forward to your mouth-watering creations!

Myster and I arrived home from our grand adventure Saturday night about 9:00 pm after 3 flights from Venice home. Long day of travel! Yesterday my brain was mush but I managed to do most of the unpacking of the luggage that traveled with us from the ship.

Our adventure was a dream come true! We meet interesting people, saw jaw-dropping sites and were wonderfully cared for by the excellent staff! We are extremely thankful that we were able to take this amazing ride!

Have a great day/evening all!

Hi M,

Great to hear you back safely but share the pain of the joy of anticipation, and those the moments of "being there" morphing into memories! Still ... nothing wrong with great memories ... much better than not having them at all.

The cooler has kept your place at the bar and we're looking forwrd to hearing some of your stories.

:)

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! I'm glad my seat at the bar is still available! My brain is still a little mushy but once it returns to some semblance of its former relative clarity I will attempt to fill everyone in. :)

This might cause some confusion among non-Brits ..... but this is ******ts in Dubonnet gravy and mash.

Jeff

EDITED: CC banned the word for a wonderful British much loved delicacy it is phonetically phagots spelt with an f two Gs and 2 Fs and I am sorry that the word has been abused elsewhere! :)

77A13A03-254A-4F6F-800A-5523D4D513E3.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I spent last weekend at Brooklands - this is the world's first and therefore historic motor racing circuit, near Weybridge, just south of London. The track was bombed during the war and was never put back together again, though sections of the banking have survived. However, about six years ago Daimler-Mercedes bought the site and developed it. There is a very decent modern hotel, where we stayed the night, and there is Mercedes World, a vast showroom for Mercs old and new and outside there is a race track and skid pan. Next door is the Brooklands Museum which contains all sorts of old cars, buses as well as airplanes, including a genuine Concorde. The day we went was Auto Italia, a celebrating of all things Italian - Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa, Lancia, Fiat and a few others like Iso Grifo. It was a fab day with weather to match.

26765229195_d30dcc08ff_z.jpgAuto Italia 2016 by UltraPanavision, on Flickr

Edited by Fletcher

I believe it was UKcruiseJeff who recommended we go to Da Acchiardo in Nice, which we did last week.

Thanks so much for the recommendation - it was one of the best meals we had on our trip.

Gosh ..... that was a long time ago! One of our regular old haunts ..... as it is a lovely family run restaurant run by a lovely family! They must almost be onto their fourth generation by now.

So pleased you enjoyed it. Thanks for remembering.

:)

Jeff

Welcome home, Mysty. It was a pleasure meeting and cruising with you both. Let's do it again![emoji4][emoji568]

Thanks DT! Right back at ya! :) We're looking forward to meeting you again on the high seas!

Welcome back Mysty....so enjoyed your reports and pics....back down to reality with a huge thud, so very pleased you've had a wonderful time.

Sophia [emoji4]

Thanks Sophia! I followed along on your cruise too. Sorry I did not take the time to comment. :( Each day zipped by before I knew it. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Glad to hear it!

Hi Mysty & DT

Thanks for the pics mine would never win a prize in any competition.

I have my own thoughts on this years voyage but will express them to the bosses of Silversea rather than take up space here. Overall it was good but I think the special events were apart from the taj trip very badly handled---who ever heard of a ball without dancing and the meal was beef, pasta with vegtables and more beef very 'nice' espescially for normal eaters or vegans

hay ho its back to work we go

st