Indy or Majesty - HALP.

Hello!

Boyfriend and I are deciding between cruises for March/April next year.

Options:

Indy - 4 day (Thurs-Mon, 3 vacation days), Cozumel

Majesty - 3 day (Fri-Mon, 2 vacation days), Nassau/Cococay

The difference in price between both sailings is less than $200. I vote Indy, because the cost gives us an extra day, a better ship, and more to do without costing us siginificantly more. Boyfriend is leaning towards Majesty because cheap and because less vacation days.

Convince us one way or the other. GO.

Edited by klaconqueso

Hello!

Options:

The difference in price between both sailings is less than $200. I vote Indy, because the cost gives us an extra day, a better ship, and more to do without costing us siginificantly more. Boyfriend is leaning towards Majesty because cheap and because less vacation days.

There is no comparison....INDY. I love cruising on Her Majesty, but you can't compare the experience between the two cruises. I can understand wanting to use one less vacation day, but the difference in the cruise will be a big difference.

Really?? No brainer

Indy = Florider, awesome full size sports deck, huge rock wall, excellent gym, excellent pool deck PLUS Solarium, larger Viking Crown, Royal Promenade, Helipad, amazing and grand 3 tiered dining room, huge theatre, ice rink with superb ice show, Chops or Giovanni's if you wish to try a specialty restaurant, and larger cabins...

Majesty = other than a decent pool deck, none of the above

Really?? No brainer

Indy = Florider, awesome full size sports deck, huge rock wall, excellent gym, excellent pool deck PLUS Solarium, larger Viking Crown, Royal Promenade, Helipad, amazing and grand 3 tiered dining room, huge theatre, ice rink with superb ice show, Chops or Giovanni's if you wish to try a specialty restaurant, and larger cabins...

Majesty = other than a decent pool deck, none of the above

HEY! Trust me, you don't have to convince me. :) He's going on Indy a month before with his parents, so he's not as enthusiastic about this as I am.

HEY! Trust me, you don't have to convince me. :) He's going on Indy a month before with his parents, so he's not as enthusiastic about this as I am.

We just had to decide between Indy 4 days just Cozumel and Majesty 4 days with Coco Cay, Key West and Bahamas. We have been on both ships but in this case Majesty`s itenaries clearly win so we go with her. If you do not like too many seadays and do not care that much about a flowrider the rest is available as well (e.g. rockwall, Viking Crown lounge, Sorentos and Johnny Rockets).

We just had to decide between Indy 4 days just Cozumel and Majesty 4 days with Coco Cay, Key West and Bahamas. We have been on both ships but in this case Majesty`s itenaries clearly win so we go with her. If you do not like too many seadays and do not care that much about a flowrider the rest is available as well (e.g. rockwall, Viking Crown lounge, Sorentos and Johnny Rockets).

If Key West was included on Majesty, it would have been a different story for us. But, the difference here was less than $200 more for an extra day on the ship and a port we like better.

I would also do Indy, but this is a no lose situation. Another factor, I know from Columbus, air fares are cheaper to Fort Lauderdale than they are Miami, so look at that factor as well. I suppose a 4 day on Majesty on a different date isn't an option? I love Key West.

I would also do Indy, but this is a no lose situation. Another factor, I know from Columbus, air fares are cheaper to Fort Lauderdale than they are Miami, so look at that factor as well. I suppose a 4 day on Majesty on a different date isn't an option? I love Key West.

Nah, the idea here was a 'long weekend' type of thing, and the 4 days on Majesty tend to leave on a Monday. Just conserving vacation days because we are early in our career. Indy is Thurs-Monday.

Flights to Ft Lauderdale usually aren't terrible out of DAY or CVG either, so that's incredibly appealing.

I love Key West as well - we'll be visiting next November on Brilliance! :D

This is pretty easy. Indy hands down. The ONLY way I would EVER do another 3 night cruise is if I lived in Central FL. 4 wont be much better but you truly no longer get settled in and the cruise is over on a 3 nighter.

Just got off Indy and have been on Majesty half a dozen times. Majesty is a nice ship and the "smallness" does appeal to me, but Indy offers WAY more than Majesty. 3 nights is also way too short. 4 is "bad enough", but with 3, you'll be getting off the ship before you even feel like you were on it. You already been on Liberty - Indy is virtually identical.

Hello!

Options:

Really hard for me to pick one, I like Indy because is a better ship but 4 day and visiting only one port is a big no for me [emoji19], on the other hand Majesty is all but since you are visiting 2 port you won't be that much on the ship so it won't bother me that much anyways and I will be saving some money as well.

I pick majesty based on the number of ports, saving, and also because it sails out of Miami and not from fort Lauderdale as I think the Indy does

I love Majesty (I've been on her 12 times) but for sure in your situation I would pick Indy. No question. 2 sea days with lots to do and experience, and Cozumel offers a lot more than Cococay and Nassau. Oh and if you've been to Cozumel before and have not experienced the far side of the island, I highly recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop bus. A really great way to spend a day on Cozumel.

Hello!

Options:

We've been on both ships several times and have immensely enjoyed our cruises on these ships. Having said that, there is no comparing the two ships really. Majesty is a great little ship for a short 3 or 4 day (I prefer the 4 day with a stop in Key West) but the Indy has soooo much more to offer. Specialty dining, flowrider, the Royal Promenade, 3 level dining room and on an on. For an extra $200 you'd be nuts not to do the Indy even with only one stop. There is so much to do on the Indy that two days at sea will be quite fun.

Edited by nbsjcruiser