FTTF monster

1MKS1128

Why should Princess create FTTF? They already have cabins available as soon as you board. Princess is not owned by Carnival Cruises. It is owned by Carnival Corporation which owns multiple cruise lines.

Why should Princess create FTTF? They already have cabins available as soon as you board. Princess is not owned by Carnival Cruises. It is owned by Carnival Corporation which owns multiple cruise lines.

I also recall reading that Carnival limits (40-50?) the numbers & Princess may have more preferred boarding passengers...on my Royal cruise nearly 2/3 of the passengers had preferred boarding.

I also recall reading that Carnival limits (40-50?) the numbers & Princess may have more preferred boarding passengers...on my Royal cruise nearly 2/3 of the passengers had preferred boarding.

Those numbers no longer hold. The problem is they allow Dia/Plat and FTTF to board all at the same time. It is decided by the number of VIFP passengers on that cruise. If there are only 100 VIFP passengers it will allow several hundred non VIFP to board at the same time. I was on a Carnival cruise in July and had the experience of being run over by many many FTTF passengers it is becoming more of the rule rather than exception. I am Plat with Carnival and this was my last cruise with them . I plan to be Elite with Princess by the end of 2016. I hope they don't follow suite.

So you are saying there is no limit to the number of FTTF tickets available now? :confused: I haven't been on Carnival in awhile, and the last time was in a suite, so we got priority boarding anyway. Since FTTF is designed for Carnival-specific needs, I don't think Princess will copy it.

So you are saying there is no limit to the number of FTTF tickets available now? :confused: I haven't been on Carnival in awhile, and the last time was in a suite, so we got priority boarding anyway. Since FTTF is designed for Carnival-specific needs, I don't think Princess will copy it.

Check out Carnival Forum multiple problems multiple sites. I am a convert to Princess

Just one more reason I'm so very happy my wife and I started with Princess. Had we started with Carnival we may never have taken a second cruise.

I do know another couple who took a Carnival cruise as their first (and last!) cruise. They call it "that stupid cruise we went on" and said it was really not fun or relaxing in any way. They absolutely hated it.

Hmmmmmmm...... On second thought I likely could have saved a LOT of money if we had hated our first cruise. :eek:

Edited by Thrak

Just went to carnival.com to find out what this fttf was....well I for one would LOVE this on princess WITH these two caveats, 1) make it FAR more expensive and 2) limit the number of fttf to 25 cabins.

It's easy to get. Just cruise Carnival. For my part I don't want it on Princess. Nope, nope, nope.

Just one more reason I'm so very happy my wife and I started with Princess. Had we started with Carnival we may never have taken a second cruise.

I do know another couple who took a Carnival cruise as their first (and last!) cruise. They call it "that stupid cruise we went on" and said it was really not fun or relaxing in any way. They absolutely hated it.

Hmmmmmmm...... On second thought I likely could have saved a LOT of money if we had hated our first cruise. :eek:

I totally agree with you about Carnival. Went on one cruise because it was cheap....never again. One and done.

Our last two cruises with Carnival left completely unimpressed. We did get the FTTF on the last cruise and loved it. At that time there was a limit to the number of cabins that could purchase it; I don't know about now. It allowed us to get on the ship when we arrived at the port and it also allowed priority when getting off the ship at ports where we tendered.

Rather see them do what RCCL does in some ports, you can purchase the right to stay onboard till 3 PM or so (no cabin access) on debarkation day. Avoid the crowds, they watch your luggage. No transfers avail tho, cabs, etc only

Why should Princess create FTTF? They already have cabins available as soon as you board...

The reason I purchased it on my one Carnival cruise and would on Princess (now donning my flack jacket) was for priority tendering on a port-intensive cruise. At the time I was told they limited it to just 20 or 25 cabins so as not to impact their version of Elite pax, but that seems to have changed.

Edit for Steelers0854 and others: FTTF on Carnival is short for "Faster to the Fun", a capacity-limited upcharge giving passengers cabin availability upon boarding, priority luggage delivery, priority tendering and more.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Care to share with the rest of us that have no clue what this thread is about? :)

It's FTTF (faster to the fun) ... basically means on Carnival Cruise Lines you'll be able to go directly to your cabin as soon as you board the ship rather than waiting around until people are allowed to go to their cabins. If you are in a tender port, you get priority tendering.

Not needed on Princess Cruise Line because all can go directly to cabins as soon as they board the ship ... no waiting around.

Princess has no priority tendering unless you are Elite or in a suite. So many Princess Elites/Suites already so having FTTF would not be a good thing.

LuLu

Absolutely no reason, particularly since you can go directly to your cabin when you board on Princess or HAL. Why pay for something you already get?

Priority tendering.

One has to be Elite(or in a Suite) to recieve that perk on Princess. On a port-intensive itinerary with multiple tender ports, priority tendering has its merits for those who are port-active.

Priority embarkation(Security/Check-in/Boarding), Express luggage, (Elite)Guest services line and Priority disembarking are also some of the other perks offered.

Edited by Skai