Passengers Late Again!!

ImADaneFan

Well, I did say "MAYBE" survive it![emoji21] Darwin winner doesn't necessarily is alive to win it...

You said "you have to do something life-threatening" which is incorrect - one's life does not need to be at risk in order to get recognized.

The idea is not being able to reproduce in the future, not the risk of losing one's life - even though dying is the most common way of "winning".

Curious, how much does the pilot boat cost, I am assuming it is not a free service.

Since they have to go out to the ship to pick up the pilot, it's probably going to be free to them... if they make it in time... probably not the best ride from the times I've seen them bopping up and down getting there... hope the have their sea sick pills if they need them

If looks watching for pier runners isn't just a fun past time on BA. The Summit balcony watchers just cheered some late arrivals, but she's got 5 minutes before her scheduled departure. :)

According to Willy Freeman, they were chanting "Run, Forrest!"

Why do other people care who misses the ship? And why do people on here seem to take such great joy in something that sucks for another human being? I just don't get it. There could be a million reasons why people are late. And even if the reason is just plain old stupidity, why delight in it?

Why do other people care who misses the ship? And why do people on here seem to take such great joy in something that sucks for another human being? I just don't get it. There could be a million reasons why people are late. And even if the reason is just plain old stupidity, why delight in it?

BINGO !!!! Some who post don't realize they are saying more about themselves than the people who got into trouble.

Edited by swedish weave

I was just watching BA leave Bermuda and there were 2 pier runners and they missed the ship!

When will people learn?

Linda

Looks like NCL "Non Caring Line" is teaching em a lesson.

3 weeks in a row.:eek:

Edited by biker@sea

I don't know why, but I do know that on every ship I've ever been on in the past 20 years, watching for last minute/late dock runners has been a popular pastime. I guess it's just human nature to want to see if anyone misses the ship and, if they do miss it, if they are able to somehow get onboard. People also like to watch a helicopter-medical evacuation (which are quite dangerous and fascinating to watch - I really have to hand it to the Coast Guard when they land a helicopter on a ship or hover and lower a basket. It's amazing and frankly one of the most daring maneuvers) and if someone goes overboard, many cruisers will line up around the decks with their long range camera lenses and binoculars to try to help in the sea search.

I don't really think that people who make a mistake and miss the ship need to feel embarrassed even if it is their own fault. It is unfortunate when that happens and it can be expensive to get back to the ship or fly home, but not the end of the world. No one died, after all. Life happens and they will have an interesting story to tell for years to come.

I would say that people delight in the human drama. The highs and the lows, the victories and the defeats.

According to Willy Freeman, they were chanting "Run, Forrest!"

Oh no!!!! The last time a magician said this to a pax as they were coming on stage to be a participant there were like 200 posts about how politically incorrect this was!!!

Someones third cousins sons next door neighbor from the old neighborhood was in the audience and had a learning disability or something of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh no!!!! The last time a magician said this to a pax as they were coming on stage to be a participant there were like 200 posts about how politically incorrect this was!!!

Someones third cousins sons next door neighbor from the old neighborhood was in the audience and had a learning disability or something of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember that post.