Passengers Late Again!!

ImADaneFan

I remember that post.

Yes it was amusing and as it turned out in the end the kid wasn't at all traumatized...wasn't even the one called up either. It was an aunt who was the sensitive one I recall

The third cousin stuff I posted was just for humor of course but most here will figure that out....I hope. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why ... why do people on here seem to take such great joy in something that sucks for another human being? I just don't get it ... why delight in it?

Why not, :rolleyes: - I'm sure most watchers had not missed a connecting or departing flight at the airport, watched the jet bridge disconnected as they ran past the GA after the aircraft's door closed/locked/"armed" for departure & cross-checked - found themselves inside the airport with the food court closed until ... and, no available flights till _________

Of course, NCL has done all they could :o

Edited by mking8288

Why do other people care who misses the ship? And why do people on here seem to take such great joy in something that sucks for another human being? I just don't get it. There could be a million reasons why people are late. And even if the reason is just plain old stupidity, why delight in it?

For the same reason people laugh at someone who slips and falls but doesn't get hurt. Maybe some of us have a warped sense of humor:D

Watching the runners is a teachable moment for your children.

And people cheer when people actually make it at the last minute. I've seen people give a regal wave, bow deeply at the waist, then go up the gangplank.

No one died. A rich person missed his luxury cruise ship and can easily remedy the situation, albeit with some embarrassment. As human tragedies go this is a pretty mild one.

Also, the pilot boat isn't a tug; they are usually pretty fast boats and "lead the way" out of the port. The come alongside and the person who is designated the pilot goes aboard the cruise ship, goes to the bridge, and observes and advises as the ship exits the local waters.

Why do other people care who misses the ship? And why do people on here seem to take such great joy in something that sucks for another human being? I just don't get it. There could be a million reasons why people are late. And even if the reason is just plain old stupidity, why delight in it?

It's mindless entertainment.........

We laugh at them so that those with a moral superiority complex have something to do.

Next time you pass a wreck on the highway... don't look. After all, there could be a million reasons why that person landed their SUV on the roof...

Also, the pilot boat isn't a tug; they are usually pretty fast boats and "lead the way" out of the port. The come alongside and the person who is designated the pilot goes aboard the cruise ship, goes to the bridge, and observes and advises as the ship exits the local waters.

I think you've got it backwards. The pilot is already aboard and the pilot boat is picking him up. But you already knew that.

It takes an hour and a quarter to travel on road From Dockyard to St. George's. :eek::eek:;)

anyone know if they made it?

Willy posted that according to radio traffic, "the passengers are on board the pilot boat, outbound to the Breakaway... yahoo for making it!"

I didn't see a report of whether or not the transfer to the ship was successful.

Willy posted that according to radio traffic, "the passengers are on board the pilot boat, outbound to the Breakaway... yahoo for making it!"

I didn't see a report of whether or not the transfer to the ship was successful.

Why wouldn't it have been successful?

The pilot boat must make a transfer. That of the pilot from the ba to the pilot boat

It stands to reason that the transfer of the pax from pilot boat to ba would also be successful

You said the pax made the pilot boat right?

Are you suggesting the pax were physically unable to climb on to the ba?

That is could have been too difficult?

My take and I wouldn't think otherwise is that since they made the pilot boat they made the ba.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Quick question:

If someone was left, and there was room on the next sailing, could they buy a cabin on that sailing to come back?

Interesting idea

Of course the cost of a hotel and food until the ba returned and the cost of the cabin would make buying a one way flight back to NYC look like chump change. Lol. Yes I know all about the passport stuff about flying.

Even buying a spot on a different ship currently in port would be ridiculously priced I bet

Watching the runners is a teachable moment for your children.

And people cheer when people actually make it at the last minute. I've seen people give a regal wave, bow deeply at the waist, then go up the gangplank.

No one died. A rich person missed his luxury cruise ship and can easily remedy the situation, albeit with some embarrassment. As human tragedies go this is a pretty mild one.

Your talking about when the ship comes in to harbor not goes out

You have it backward regarding the pilot bost

The pilot boat must make a transfer. That of the pilot from the ba to the pilot boat

It stands to reason that the transfer of the pax from pilot boat to ba would also be successful

My take and I wouldn't think otherwise is that since they made the pilot boat they made the ba.

The pilots are experienced at making the transfers, and guests are not usually. If the water is rough, the pilot boat operator may not allow them to try it.

Didn't this happen last week? The three ladies couldn't make the transfer because of rough seas? Or did they just not make it to the pilot boat in time?

For me, watching the pier runners is not about taking pleasure in their misfortune. Rather, a "there but for the grace of God go I" kinda thing. It's being really glad I'm where I'm supposed to be........this time. :eek:

Have you ever watched the transfer to or from the Pilot Boat? It's heart stopping at times............ If we missed the ship, I don't think I'd even bother boarding the Pilot Boat because I don't think I'd have the nerve it takes to make the transfer!

Have you ever watched the transfer to or from the Pilot Boat? It's heart stopping at times............ If we missed the ship, I don't think I'd even bother boarding the Pilot Boat because I don't think I'd have the nerve it takes to make the transfer!
I'm with you. I've done some pretty hairy transfers from a zodiac to a ship, but think I would pass on the pilot boat transfer. You miss that one step and you are a goner!!!

My family would love to do it! Just another ropes course obstacle to us.

With the ladies last week, I thought to myself that I might not want to make the transfer if I was drunk and wondered if that didn't play a role in their "missing" the pilot boat.