FOS Giovanni's Table or Chops?

I want to treat my mom to a specialty restaurant while on the Freedom. We loved Portofino, but that's been replaced by Giovanni's Table. Chops seems to get mixed reviews, and we're kind of steak snobs, so that worries me.

Which would make the best adult night?

We were disappointed on our last three visits to Chops.

Funny this topic should come up. We have not been thrilled with Chops on our last couple of visits either. Giovanni's was so-so. Now, on NCL we were very pleased with Cagneys and especially liked La Cucina - the Lobster Fettuccine was knock your socks off good. We'll be on the NOS for 12 days and we'll try Chops again as well as Giovanni's but I have to admit I'm nowhere near looking as forward to that as I am Cagney's and La Cucina on the Getaway in February.

We did Chops and Giovanni's last week on the Freedom. We had a good meal at both places, but if you want to select one, I would recommend Giovanni's. The menu is more creative at Giovanni's. We had a delicious warm mozzarella appetizer and enjoyed our lamb and veal entrées. Desserts are nice and small.

We had good service at both.

Freedom also has a Mexican restaurant. We did not dine there so I can't comment .

Enjoy

M

I love gio's. To me the food is just so much more interesting and appealing, and they do have a steak or two if that is what you want. If you are a dyed-in-the-wool meat and potatoes eater then Chops is probably your best bet. :)

I think the filet at Giovanni's is as good, if not better than the filet at Chops. But, I really like all the appetizers at Chops. It's hard to decide, so I just go to both😄.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

We did Chops and Giovanni's last week on the Freedom. We had a good meal at both places, but if you want to select one, I would recommend Giovanni's. The menu is more creative at Giovanni's. We had a delicious warm mozzarella appetizer and enjoyed our lamb and veal entrées. Desserts are nice and small.

We had good service at both.

Freedom also has a Mexican restaurant. We did not dine there so I can't comment .

Enjoy

M

I can second this. We did both Chops (mom and me) and Giovanni's (with a group of 7). I enjoyed both, but I have to say my son's 8 oz. filet was gorgeous and the appetizer selections were very diverse. For $10 less/pp I'd go with Giovanni's.

I also did Sabor with 5 teens for lunch. I was glad it was the lunch option (for $15/pp) because, while it was good, it was definitely not worth $25/pp for dinner.

We didn't eat at Chops so I can't compare, but our Giovanni's experience on FOS in June was just average. Appetizers were good but mixed reviews on the 4 different entrees at our table. Service left a lot to be desired. Disappointing overall after the great Giovanni's experience that we had on Allure.